• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Aiii

So not worth it
Phil Collins is great and anyone who claims otherwise is a lemon.

New P...hil!
d6ab92.jpg

Sometimes I feel like I should look back and adjust grades on a curve or something, but I dunno... not my fault I haven't enjoyed anything enough to give it an A. There's just always a match or two that drags even the best event's down. Doesn't mean that there aren't great matches on most cards.

Watching all of these events, though, definitely makes me appreciate the newer stuff that I catch. I always see so much negativity online about current wrestling, but it's really about the same as it's always been. There's good and there's bad. That's just wrasslin' for you.

Screw the curve system. Keep at as it is.. It's just too hard to produce/create that perfect PPV

Most things are trash. If anyone here wants to a better quality of life, PM Titus or I and we will fill you in on the music, films, artists, shows, and places to know. We are here to help and love nothing more than to guide the plebeians to the promised land.

Indie means better

I'm sad to report that many of my attempts to improve some members of WrassleGAF's quality of life have been rebuked. It's OK though. We're on the right side of history.

Vylash

The teaming of Layla and Summer Rae is WWE’s attempt at a new version of LayCool, which was a team made famous by Michelle McCool and Layla. WWE is reportedly running with the Summer Rae and Layla team because The Beautiful People are back in TNA.

Oh good god no, Laycool worked because they were great heels, not shitty dancing babyfaces, blah.

The teaming of Layla and Summer Rae is reportedly WWE’s attempt at a new version of LayCool, which was a team allegedly made famous by Michelle McCool and Layla. WWE is reportedly running with the Summer Rae and Layla team because The Beautiful People are back in TNA. Maybe. Possibly. We don't know fuck it.

Fixed

I like Weird Al, Wrestling, anime, and Nintendo. Am I the outcast of everything? :/

I am not a fan of Miz stealing Tyler Breeze's "Don't hit my face" gimmick. >:[

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would almost agree, but Positively Kanyon came after the movie. One of the last gasps of greatness, though.

This right here. Other enjoyable stuff that comes after Ready to Rumble includes Straight Shootin' Stevie Ray, Cat and his ninja problem, Team Canada and Lance Storm's one man Canadian Power trip.

Big One

Banned
I'm going to call bullshit on that. Why would WWE be influenced by something TNA does? Why would they react to it?
They've done it before many times. Most recent one is the Dumb and Dumber suits the New Age Outlaws wore which was what Bad Influence did in TNA once.

kiguel182

They've done it before many times. Most recent one is the Dumb and Dumber suits the New Age Outlaws wore which was what Bad Influence did in TNA once.

Yeah, but that isn't a reaction. They probably thought it was cool and did it. Stole the idea per say.

The report implies they saw them return and thought "we need a women team too". Seems less likely. They aren't stealing a good idea since they had already done it.

At least that's the tone that report gives me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Weird Al?

Are you kidding me?

Nintendo?

Really, really?

Anime?

WHAT? WHAT?

Wrestling?

...sign me up for that Survivor Series team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Phil Collins is weird to me. Half the time he's REAL AS FUCK, the other half is trash. I Don't Care Anymore is fucking brutal. I love it. Two Hearts is cheesy SHIT, and I love it too. Tarzan theme is garbage. Phil Collins is hit or miss, but when he hits, he hits hard.

dream

Wow Heel. Against my better judgment, I skimmed through the July 17 episode of NXT from "Full Sail University," and they now have a guy whose gimmick is that he only eats organic foods. His entrance video actually says "buy local, think global."

Phil Collins is alright. I think he gets a little too much undue hate because he made a shitpile of 80s pop music. That early Genesis stuff is damn good. I'm still a bigger Peter Gabriel fan than I am of Collins though.

Speaking of music I have been on a huge Talking Heads kick lately. It's weird how you can forget about a band for years and then you hear a song on the radio and suddenly you start tearing through their whole body of work for a few weeks afterward.

haha yeah!

Also Dean Ambrose appears right near the end of the documentary when they're talking about Punk being a Locker Room leader and Big Brother to the up and coming stars! Or at least it's someone who looks like Dean Ambrose. Was he in the WWE 2011/2012?

Yep, my son and I saw him at several WWE HOUSE shows during that period. I seem to remember he had barbed wire drawn on his trunks.

Heel

Wow Heel. Against my better judgment, I skimmed through the July 17 episode of NXT from "Full Sail University," and they now have a guy whose gimmick is that he only eats organic foods. His entrance video actually says "buy local, think global."

I can only hope the Full Sail crowd reacted strongly, giving the WWE front office the false belief that this is a gimmick ready for a 6 week teaser build on Monday Night RAW.

Phil Collins is all right by me...

j2mXysn.jpg

giphy.gif

caught a bit of TNA this week, saw the last 3 minutes of Lashley/Hardy and thought that was alright. Hardy bump to the stairs was gnarly as fuck. Dudley Boyz coming back seemed cool. Thought it was the one where Dixie was gonna get table'd but left me wanting more. Seemed like a good show. Now gotta catch up on NXT.

I'm actually kinda hyped for Battleground. Sure the main event is going to suck but the rest of the show seems like it will be dare I say good? I still feel the battle royal is lazy booking and an easy way to shoehorn the entire midcard and a bunch of jobbers into the show. But what the hell else were they going to do, BNB got hurt and they need some poor sucker to carry the anchor that is the IC title.

Top Bottom