• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Laserfrog

Also, the Battleground card is really good. Expecting a surprise PPV of the year candidate.

If you expect it, it won't be surprise, Oh noooo~ you've ruined the surprise!

IT'S A NEW PAGE EVERYBODY!

Let's celebrate this grand occasion with an animated jiff.
tumblr_mz8w3e8ftq1svqt1sq7.gif

zychi

Banned
battleground is tonight? haha didnt even realize it, i guess i do have something to do tonight now.

also the new transformers movie is awesome. i didnt want to see it but ended up seeing it randomly. gotta see edge of tomorrow soon too.

battleground is tonight? haha didnt even realize it, i guess i do have something to do tonight now.

also the new transformers movie is awesome. i didnt want to see it but ended up seeing it randomly. gotta see edge of tomorrow soon too.

You're gonna love Battleground.

Been away from WWE for a while, last show I watched was Raw after Extreme Rules I think, but I guess I'll watch Battleground. Why not.

Anyone making a separate thread for it?

zychi

Banned
You're gonna love Battleground.

go into the movie thinking its a michael bay film, and you'll enjoy it, dont expect the best thing ever.

i feel like a hipster when i say this, i dont watch any wwe tv besides nxt and ppvs now, makes it way more enjoyable and it spreads the shittiness out.

I still wanna see the new Transformers despite all the negative impressions and the fact that Bay's other Transformers movies are shit. And I generally like his stuff!

strobogo

Banned
I still wanna see the new Transformers despite all the negative impressions and the fact that Bay's other Transformers movies are shit. And I generally like his stuff!

It's a pretty fun movie to make fun of how stupid it is while you're watching it. Just about on the level of ASM2.

njean777

The new transformers was awesome. Just don't go expecting an oscar worthy title and learn to watch so stupid they are good movies.

strobogo

Banned
Going to be honest, I got bored in the last hour. It seemed to on FOREVER.

It was WAY long. A solid 40 minutes could have been cut out and nothing would have been lost. Do you know the names of any of the characters? We got to the very end and realized we had no idea of any names besides Marky Mark's.

It was WAY long. A solid 40 minutes could have been cut out and nothing would have been lost. Do you know the names of any of the characters? We got to the very end and realized we had no idea of any names besides Marky Mark's.

Steve Jobs?
Who had one hell of a face turn into a comedy jobber

Verendus

Banned
Gonna be the first PPV I watch in full since the Royal Rumble. Jericho/Wyatt, Ambrose/Rollins, Fatal Four Way and the Battle Royal. If only they would make the Four Way an elimination match. I still remember the Triple H/Orton/JBL/Cena one.

That stipulation is so awesome.

Oh, and Lesnar gonna return I bet. I still believe after the Trips video someone linked here. Somebody gonna get their ass kicked.

Battleground ppv is pretty stacked. Not a filler match on the show aside from the pre show. Honestly the world heavyweight title match is the least interesting, but even that we will see if Brock or Seth show up.

DMczaf

Battleground ppv is pretty stacked. Not a filler match on the show aside from the pre show. Honestly the world heavyweight title match is the least interesting, but even that we will see if Brock or Seth show up.

If Cena is not on Raw tomorrow because of his movie, the smart thing to do is set up the title match by having Brock beat the living shit out of him after the match tonight.

So this won't happen.

Verendus

Banned
Sting/Triple H and Sting/Undertaker are the only two I'd really want to see.

Mainly because I'm confident Triple H could take him to a good match, and the Undertaker one would at least be a spectacle. They could even do it heading into Wrestlemania.

Sting returns the night after the Rumble. Beats Triple H at Elimination Chamber, and then faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Also beats him hopefully (which has no chance of happening unfortunately). Then retires.

BHZ Mayor

Gonna be the first PPV I watch in full since the Royal Rumble. Jericho/Wyatt, Ambrose/Rollins, Fatal Four Way and the Battle Royal. If only they would make the Four Way an elimination match. I still remember the Triple H/Orton/JBL/Cena one.

That stipulation is so awesome.

Oh, and Lesnar gonna return I bet. I still believe after the Trips video someone linked here. Somebody gonna get their ass kicked.

i1UBy4FdwDQ60.gif

Verendus

Banned
Funnily enough, whenever I think Wrestlemania 16, I think Rock/Triple H from Backlash 2000 instead. Good match, hype crowd, awesome ending. Why can't WWE crowds be like that now? Active and just cheer like mad. Most they do is chant Yes or some other dumb shit.

Funnily enough, whenever I think Wrestlemania 16, I think Rock/Triple H from Backlash 2000 instead. Good match, hype crowd, awesome ending. Why can't WWE crowds be like that now? Active and just cheer like mad. Most they do is chant Yes or some other dumb shit.

The average age of the crowd must have lowered since the 90s and 2000s.

Into

So TNA has had Russo working for them without many people in the company knowing? And reason for this is that Spike wants nothing to do with Russo (for obvious reasons), so not only did they decide to pay money to this creative savant, but they also expended energy and risked a bad relationship with their TV station because they wanted to employ him?

jim-cornette-fuck-this-company.jpg

Anyway looking forward to Ambrose vs. Rollins, should be amazing

rvy

Banned
I stopped hating on Russo a long time ago. When I realized that Cornette's shoots with KC would be nowhere near as entertaining in a world without Russo.

Top Bottom