• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

So TNA has had Russo working for them without many people in the company knowing? And reason for this is that Spike wants nothing to do with Russo (for obvious reasons), so not only did they decide to pay money to this creative savant, but they also expended energy and risked a bad relationship with their TV station because they wanted to employ him?

http://streetsmarks.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/jim-cornette-fuck-this-company.jpg[IMG]

Anyway looking forward to Ambrose vs. Rollins, should be amazing[/QUOTE]

If they have only been working with Russo again recently I havent seen much of a change.

Even without Russo it seems the TNA creative team is still into Russo style booking.

If they have only been working with Russo again recently I havent seen much of a change.

Even without Russo it seems the TNA creative team is still into Russo style booking.

Remember when they supposedly let him go late last year?

They only said that. They actually just downgraded him to consultant, and never mentioned that part (him still being employed as a consultant) until it recently leaked and Russo confessed on his site. He's still getting paid, they just couldn't be public about it because their Japanese partner (Wrestle-1) and TV host (Spike) both despise Russo, deservedly so.

Showaddy

Funniest thing about this Russo situation is how he denied it so passionately after accidentally confirming it in an email, then tried to play it off as a swerve. That lying fuck lol

Remember when they supposedly let him go late last year?

They only said that. They actually just downgraded him to consultant, and never mentioned that part (him still being employed as a consultant) until it recently leaked and Russo confessed on his site. He's still getting paid, they just couldn't be public about it because their Japanese partner (Wrestle-1) and TV host (Spike) both despise Russo, deservedly so.

That seems like something TNA would do all right.

I should look back at the history of TNA and its creative staff. Russo has left the company a few times.

Also regarding TNA. Why did Dixie ever decide to become a on screen character? If their was ever a moment you could pinpoint as the moment TNA went completely to shit it was that. WHY?

That seems like something TNA would do all right.

I should look back at the history of TNA and its creative staff. Russo has left the company a few times.

Also regarding TNA. Why did Dixie ever decide to become a on screen character? If their was ever a moment you could pinpoint as the moment TNA went completely to shit it was that. WHY?

She repeatedly said "you'll never see me as an on-screen character." I don't know the exact reason she changed that, but it turns out having a weekly nationally-broadcast TV show for your company and actually staying off-screen throughout its duration is a lot easier said than done.

strobogo

Banned
Jim Cornette v Vince Russo is the feud that will never end.

The best part about that feud is that Cornette has never been a successful booker/writer and had a lot of terrible, stupid, and offensive booking ideas himself. Has Russo done anything as offensive as courting the KKK to come to shows so The Gangstas would get the kind of heat that gets people killed? Or going as full bore racist as any promotion ever when it game to the Gangstas in general? Or a Yetay style gimmick. Jim Cornette did a lot of bad and stupid shit. His hatred of Russo makes no sense to me.

dream

I don't know man, Cornette discovered Tammy Fytch, and as someone who would gladly give her two oxys in exchange for her ass, I will forever be grateful to the man.

rvy

Banned
I don't know man, Cornette discovered Tammy Fytch, and as someone who would gladly give her two oxys in exchange for her ass, I will forever be grateful to the man.

2014 Tammy?

HoF Tammy?

Cheating on Candido with HBK Tammy?

Which Tammy?

The best part about that feud is that Cornette has never been a successful booker/writer and had a lot of terrible, stupid, and offensive booking ideas himself. Has Russo done anything as offensive as courting the KKK to come to shows so The Gangstas would get the kind of heat that gets people killed? Or going as full bore racist as any promotion ever when it game to the Gangstas in general? Or a Yetay style gimmick. Jim Cornette did a lot of bad and stupid shit. His hatred of Russo makes no sense to me.

Yeah that's a great point. Cornette is so good at pulling to bits other people's work, but his own work is really hit and miss. Wasn't his ROH tenure considered really poor too, for simply being TOO old school and boring?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah that's a great point. Cornette is so good at pulling to bits other people's work, but his own work is really hit and miss. Wasn't his ROH tenure considered really poor too, for simply being TOO old school and boring?

He blames everyone but himself for that. Like every other failure of his. He blames Steen and pretty much everyone except Delirious.

strobogo

Banned
He's a man called Kane!

A man called Kane!

jbnBFDyd1zcWE0.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Because people can't get them for free, lol. Wrestlers are really weird people when it comes t the internet.

Sunny is a special case...

Wait, wasn't she suffering from cancer recently with one of those fundraisers things?

DMczaf

Even with all of this talk, I'm 85% sure WM31 ends with Cena raising Sting's arm after making him tap to the Whatever That Submission He Does.

rvy

Banned
Sunny is a special case...

Wait, wasn't she suffering from cancer recently with one of those fundraisers things?

She's special alright. I'm surprised if more than 2 weeks go by where she isn't on TMZ or breaking into her own house.

Top Bottom