• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They should cut the pre-show in favor of the post show. At least the post show gave guys more opportunities to cut promos.

panels too, gonna be booker, riley, christian, and renee tonight

iCgRVSyQ1mGeD.gif

had to make room for the GOAT Talisca.

iX3WCDxohr3xV.gif

dream

Don't get me wrong, I think SMiLE (particularly the 2004 Brian Wilson version) is phenomenal. I just think that it peaks at Surf's Up, whereas Pet Sounds is more consistent all the way through.

Are you ready Gaf?
ilq6vKS.jpg

The perfect sign for the dawn of the demon era in 2014.

I hope Barrett's injury is in fact an elaborate swerve and the reason he's actually at battleground is so that after the hard earned winner of the battle royal expects to receive their title reward they get delivered the bad news from Barrett himself that he isn't forfeiting anything then they get elbowed in the face for good measure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm listening to the podcast interview with Mark Henry where he talks about Kizarny and Shiek and all that shit, and I realize that WWE should really have Mark on color more regularly. He's got a ton of experience, and the man has a smooth voice when he's not screaming about how this is serious.

Too bad he'd be fed Vince lines anyways.

Hiroshi Hase (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 1988/03/11)

If you haven't seen this match, you probably should. It's pretty great. Both guys are insanely over and they tell a great story, with Hase desperate to put Takada away before he brutalises him. Inevitably, Takada gains the upper hand and the match becomes more about Hase trying to survive, let alone defeat Takada. The finishing stretch is magic, dodgy ref bump and all, Hase looks like a million bucks and Takada is as awesome as always. Recommended, friends.

Takada.gif

Hiroshi Hase (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 1988/03/11)

If you haven't seen this match, you probably should. It's pretty great. Both guys are insanely over and they tell a great story, with Hase desperate to put Takada away before he brutalises him. Inevitably, Takada gains the upper hand and the match becomes more about Hase trying to survive, let alone defeat Takada. The finishing stretch is magic, dodgy ref bump and all, Hase looks like a million bucks and Takada is as awesome as always. Recommended, friends.

Takada.gif

one of my favourites. can you imagine how much bigger NJPW would've become if Takada stayed? he was going to be the new Inoki.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure if Bionic or Bean
Cena is the best so u shut up u mother fuckers don't say triple h is better than cena just cuz triple h is the C.O.O or the game
Cena is 2nd place in wwe but Daniel Bryan is on top get that in your heads u fools Daniel had the championships taken off
him so did cena before
So why say John cena sucks John cena sucks John almost bet Kurt angle on his first match in Wwe
When it comes to cena , reigns or Daniel u never say they suck Cuz if u say they suck then come up to my face and say it
and I'll bitch slap u back to America they should form a team three of them plus dean ambrose

one of my favourites. can you imagine how much bigger NJPW would've become if Takada stayed? he was going to be the new Inoki.

They certainly wouldn't have had to rely so much on Mutoh in the early 90's, but it might have also meant less chances for Chono & Hash. Also, there was a fair bit of bad blood between Takada and Choshu, as he was definitely seen as one of Maeda's guys and that might have hurt how well he was booked. He definitely had the potential to be a huge star though (as he proved on his own), but whether New Japan saw him that way is a different matter. And yeah, they definitely could have benefited if the UWF guys didn't leave the promotion a second time, as UWFi, RINGS and PWFG spread the talent too thin. Too many egos at play, I guess.

dream

UWFi is tied with Stampede as my favorite promotion ever, so I'm glad the split happened. I do find myself wondering just what Takada's legacy would have been had Rickson actually been willing to do a job for him though. Just one job.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish early 90s WCW had better angles and interviews and whatnot. It has to have some of the best talent ever assembled on a roster. Or close to it. But it just lacks any compelling storylines. I love Rude, but the feud with Flair over Fifi was SO dumb. As if Rick Rude needed to 'steal' any woman away from Ric's broke, orange ass. And Ron Simmons turned heel, but who cares. Just seems like the most pointless heel turn in the history of wrestling because he only really worked as a babyface, as much as I loved DOOM.

And in this 6 man tag, you can't help but notice how shitty of shape Flair is in compared to the other guys in there: Rude, Sting, Austin, and Simmons. Even Big Bossman is in better shape and can get away with a less toned physique because he's huge and mostly covered up.

UWFi is tied with Stampede as my favorite promotion ever, so I'm glad the split happened. I do find myself wondering just what Takada's legacy would have been had Rickson actually been willing to do a job for him though. Just one job.

he didn't job to Funaki either and didn't allow Pancrase to build one of Funaki's guys a nice revenge story. Rickson was too much of a mark for himself. kinda wish he' stay around for more 3 or 4 years, when the average Pride jobber was on his level.

dream

he didn't job to Funaki either and didn't allow Pancrase to build one of Funaki's guys a nice revenge story. Rickson was too much of a mark for himself. kinda wish he' stay around for more 3 or 4 years, when the average Pride jobber was on his level.

It's funny because the Gracie name means so little now. As much money as Rickson extracted from Japan, he could have made exponentially more if he enough business sense to give one away in order to build a story.

I'm still pissed I had to sit through all that New Japan vs Gracies shit. At least Nak managed to drag Daniel to an acceptable match, though. But, on a whole, it was fucking dire.

MMA dudes make for shit shootstyle wrestlers, unless they have a pro-wrestling background.

It's funny because the Gracie name means so little now. As much money as Rickson extracted from Japan, he could have made exponentially more if he enough business sense to give one away in order to build a story.

it's funny isn't it? he we are, 2014, and the only guy who can bring relevance back to the Gracie name is Rickson's own son.

i wouldn't be surprised of he's like his dad and ducks serious competition to sign for One FC or SFL.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
itGk3HJ.png

http://wwexwire.tumblr.com/

So I made a WWE/The Wire crossover tumblr. Enjoy it before I decide to turn it into Shield slash fiction.
You should probably not use tinypic, because tinypic swaps out images after a certain bit of time and it's also banned on GAF for that very reason.

Either use minus or imgur. Imgur accounts have a 5mb upload limit though. While minus is way larger, can't remember how much though.

Heel

That Reigns sign won't even make it past the parking lot toll booth.

I'm going to start a Kickstarter project called "The Smark's Secret" if you'd like to get in on the ground floor, friend.

They're going to be regulation sized, fan friendly WWE signs, just like the ones they hand out to plants at TV tapings (e.g. "YES! YES! YES!" and "Paige is talented"), but the catch being that they're really just giant envelopes to sneak your real sign past security.

Taking preorders via PM.

Top Bottom