• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

kiguel182

Best thing of the PPV was Daniel Bryan chants. I missed those.

Rest of it was pretty average. Seems like a good Raw episode but not exactly PPV quality.

Main-Event was a bore fest as expected with those involved and the best match on the card was turned into an angle so it could've been better.

But, regarding Ambrose/Rollins, I'm glad they are delaying that match until SummerSlamm because it needs to be on a bigger stage. It's going to be great and I'm glad they are taking their time building it up. No problems with that even if this PPV had to suffer because of it. It's for the greater good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty much every ppv has been awesome this year. Royal Rumble maybe not but all the others have been top notch. Battleground had a lot to live up to and it flat out didn't.

Predictions for SS card?
Brock vs Cena
Dean vs Seth
Reigns vs HHH or Orton
Paige vs AJ
Bray vs Jericho
Rusev vs Swagger
Miz vs Ziggler
Brie vs Steph

8 matches already. Feels like that's leaving a lot of talent off as of now. Lot of 1 on 1s. Feel like Reigns should be a tag match vs Kane/Orton but can't think of a partner for him.

Cesaro, Usos, Sheamus, Rhodes Bros, Kane, HHH/Orton all off card.

Pretty much it. Battleground being bad is mostly because they already booked SS and had to fill time, idiots.

Uso's vs Wyatt's for the tenth time is probably gonna be the pre-show match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be fun to see the eventual Ambrose/HHH feud. Those two work pretty good together.

Hasney

Pretty much it. Battleground being bad is mostly because they already booked SS and had to fill time, idiots.

Uso's vs Wyatt's for the tenth time is probably gonna be the pre-show match.

Heh yeah, makes sense. The guys with the match of the night get bumped to the pre-show. Either that, or they do a multi-team match with GD/SD and Rybaxel in there.
It'll be fun to see the eventual Ambrose/HHH feud. Those two work pretty good together.

Oh, if they can find a way to stretch it out until Wrestlemania while keeping it interesting, that would be a great match.

wearing a Total Divas shirt

tumblr_n7yp4trkfn1qec8dto1_250.gif

Perfect.

McNei1y

I'm beginning to think Tampa Bay is lame. They don't go to their baseball team's games and they don't seem alive during WWE events... then again last night wasn't anything to be pumped up about.

Ziggler vs Miz... meh. Sheamus vs Ziggler would've been cooler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give me the Ascension, but I think it'll wait since they still hold the NXT belts

I don't even know how you push the Ascension either.

They don't have any face tag teams to beat with one of Los Jobadores injured. You can't put them over the Rhodes.

Vylash

Give me the Ascension, but I think it'll wait since they still hold the NXT belts

honestly, call them up now and have them hold both sets of tag belts until the next live nxt thing where they drop it to enzo and big cass

I don't even know how you push the Ascension either.

They don't have any face tag teams to beat with one of Los Jobadores injured. You can't put them over the Rhodes.

oh yes you can, fuck both of them right now

Aiii

So not worth it

Mweh, they called up pretty much everyone holding a title in the past. Rollins, Big E, Paige, doesn't seem to stop them.

Either way they need to be called up or dropped, because why even bother? They'll probably bomb anyway, because why would anyone care about these generic guys anyways?

I always knew Heyman teaming with Cesaro was bad news. Heyman is not God like everyone seems to give him credit for. Put him in the writers room. He is useless as an on screen character these days. Summerslam is going to be a disaster.

The E does not have good panic mode tendencies like Nintendo.

Patryn

Where does The E go from here? They beg for subs but give us crap like that. Like a meth addict.

As a casual at best watcher who was lured in by the idea of super-cheap PPVs, shit like last night made me actually look for the button that turned off auto-renewal.

Because I seriously have nearly no interest in the current product, and I haven't been using it enough watching the old product.

Cena bores me, Reigns bores me, Cesaro is being buried and the only feud that seems good is Rollins/Ambrose.

Honestly, I think their best hope is that Devitt and KENTA debuting in NXT excites me, because I think that's the only thing coming down the pipeline that will get me to resubscribe.

Aiii

So not worth it
NEXT SEASON ON TOTAL DIVAS!
We've noted how Nikki Bella recently got her real estate license in California. TMZ has an article about Nikki showing homes to WWE Diva Cameron and her boyfriend Vinny recently, who are looking for a new place together. They looked at several homes but TMZ says Cameron is leaning towards a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom house in Tarzana with a brand new salt water pool.

Hyped for more Vinny.

Ithil

You either have enough talent to survive their burials or you become Zack Ryder.

They already did it to Cesaro, that's the big problem. He was turned into a yodelling jobber in 2013 and was like that until they made the Real Americans. The WM 30 win was supposed to be his big break that resulted from him overcoming said burial.

Then they just did it again. I notice Roman Reigns never went through this "test" of jobbing.

McNei1y

I think they're just trying to build them as a character duo for now, to establish Stardust as a personality better.

I'm wondering if they'll throw them back into the tag team titles mix... since WWE rotates every tag team into the title match every few months.

Weren't they going to make Cesaro a face? I thought I read that somewhere and that they put it on hold for now.

Sid

People who should be pushed:-
Cesaro
Titus o Neil (Mayweather style)
Xavier Woods
Tyson Kidd
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Tyler Breeze
Khali (back to his initial character)
Heath Slater
Damien Sandow
Curtis Axel

People who should get a character change:-
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
Cena
Big E.
Ryback

They already did it to Cesaro, that's the big problem. He was turned into a yodelling jobber in 2013 and was like that until they made the Real Americans. The WM 30 win was supposed to be his big break that resulted from him overcoming said burial.

Then they just did it again. I notice Roman Reigns never went through this "test" of jobbing.

Well they see something more in Reigns, so that's not surprising.

Man, you couldn't tell me this was going to be where Cesaro was in April. No way. Even in May, people were saying "just wait!"

Ithil

I'm wondering if they'll throw them back into the tag team titles mix... since WWE rotates every tag team into the title match every few months.

Weren't they going to make Cesaro a face? I thought I read that somewhere and that they put it on hold for now.

They were, he was to turn face and get a good push in late summer. Then Bryan was injured and they decided to accelerate Reigns' push instead. So Cesaro is still supposed to get the push, but just "down the road" (ignoring the fact that they're killing his heat so badly that a later push probably won't take, now).

Cos it's impossible to push two people at once in a company with six hours of TV a week.

joelseph

As a casual at best watcher who was lured in by the idea of super-cheap PPVs, shit like last night made me actually look for the button that turned off auto-renewal.

Because I seriously have nearly no interest in the current product, and I haven't been using it enough watching the old product.

Cena bores me, Reigns bores me, Cesaro is being buried and the only feud that seems good is Rollins/Ambrose.

Honestly, I think their best hope is that Devitt and KENTA debuting in NXT excites me, because I think that's the only thing coming down the pipeline that will get me to resubscribe.

Brutal but true. Last night needed a better card to have a chance.

McNei1y

Who honestly thinks Kane has a shot at winning a WWE title in these matches? I hate their booking sometimes (most of the time, really). I think Kane is great because he puts people over but their booking is idiotic because everyone knows the outcome of matches when he wrestles guys like Cena. There are so many potential feuds out their that WWE won't touch because they're to busy creating the same matches every few months. Do we really need to see Cena vs Brock Lesnar again?

I do think Titus needs a push. I like his in ring work.

McNei1y

Why? He can literally barely walk.

Oh, and Khali needs to go. Why am I supposed to believe he is an actual threat? I HATE those corny WWE moments like last night when everyone jumped on him only to be shoved off and then slapped one by one. Are guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, ADR, and Ziggler supposed to view a jobber as a threat? WWE logic...

Aiii

So not worth it
Can't get excited for Brock.

Cena already beaten him clean anyways, even after being murdered. Not like Brock stands a chance to beat him anyways.

Hasney

No, not really. He can't do any moves apart from the chop because of his physical deterioration.
What's the point of pushing him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p1SLS101Vs

And that's when he could walk... Barely.

Can't get excited for Brock.

Cena already beaten him clean anyways, even after being murdered. Not like Brock stands a chance to beat him anyways.

Kind of in the same boat. Think it would be interesting to have a part-time champion, especially one that's BROCKKKKK LESSSANNNARRRR, but I doubt they'll pull the trigger.

Top Bottom