• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

He probably left it with HHH for safe keeping.

Then HHH can cash in the contract and beat Cena and Brock for the championship?

New page, so out with the old bust Paige, in with the new Paige:
Paige_Turner.jpg

A wrestling librarian. Whatever works.

Ithil

Cesaro being in the lineup of Hogan, Cena, Sheamus and Reigns (Hogan and the golden boys) is probably a good sign, but unless they've turned him face by then it's for naught.

Sephzilla

Then HHH can cash in the contract and beat Cena and Brock for the championship?

I've always wondered this. Is the contract that's within the briefcase specifically written for the winner or is it a generic contract that anyone could cash in? Have they done a storyline where the briefcase is stolen and used by someone else?

kiguel182

I'm actually happy Miz won even though the ending was painfully obvious. I know Miz isn't popular around these parts but I think he's a good natural heel that WWE needs.

Still wish Zig would have won though.

I mean, he is annoying as hell but the audience didn't respond. He had no heat when he won the title.

You can't be a great heel if you can't draw heat. No matter how annoying you are.

If this is all an elaborate plan to put Ziggler over using the whole "injustice" angle then I take my hat of to the WWE. They are doing it great. Miz killed the crowd and Ziggler looked miserable.

But, this is the WWE, I'll wait until this develops before getting my hopes up.
I thought I read somewhere here the next feud for Miz was with Sheamus so I don't think there's going to be any big Ziggler victory angle, maybe he'll get a win against Miz on Smackdown or Main Event or something.

I've always wondered this. Is the contract that's within the briefcase specifically written for the winner or is it a generic contract that anyone could cash in? Have they done a storyline where the briefcase is stolen and used by someone else?

They've done matches where the winner gets the briefcase/contract, so that makes me think their logic is it's in that person's name, but transferable.

It also explains how Sandow lost his and got a new one

The contract transferred from Kennedy to Edge, but that was after a match.

Didnt Edge steal someone's MiTB? I have a feeling that angle has been done before a few times.

steal, no, but he goaded Mr Kennedy into putting it on the line in a match which Edge then won (Kennedy was injured and was going to be out for too long).

which, to be fair, when he won the first one, he put it on the line in a match against Matt Hardy.

as far as I've always understood it, only the winner of the MITB can use the briefcase, unless they put the briefcase on the line in a match and lose it. then that next person becomes the official holder.

Bizazedo

I mean, he is annoying as hell but the audience didn't respond. He had no heat when he won the title.

You can't be a great heel if you can't draw heat. No matter how annoying you are.

Honestly, I blame the way they did the match for that. Even the announcers missed the fact that Miz rolled out and was hiding for awhile. I doubt it conveyed well to the audience live and even if they did notice it (ring has 4 sides, all those bodies, vast majority missed it I imagine)....it's a stupid rule.

So was one foot being down by Sheamus not counting, but he didn't win, so whatever.

Remember when Crash Holly had the Hardcore Title and defended it 24/7?
That was the best. I still remember going to a ... Smackdown, I think, in Philly. The circus was in town across the street, so they used that for his angle. If that was in your youtube link, apologies.

Honestly, I blame the way they did the match for that. Even the announcers missed the fact that Miz rolled out and was hiding for awhile. I doubt it conveyed well to the audience live and even if they did notice it (ring has 4 sides, all those bodies, vast majority missed it I imagine)....it's a stupid rule.

So was one foot being down by Sheamus not counting, but he didn't win, so whatever.

That was the best. I still remember going to a ... Smackdown, I think, in Philly. The circus was in town across the street, so they used that for his angle. If that was in your youtube link, apologies.
the 'both feet' rule has been inplace for ages ever since Shawn Michaels botched pulling himself back into the ring at the Royal Rumble that one time when he was meant to win it.

McNei1y

It might be just me but I hate the way they've built Harper and Rowan. They don't seem that dominant (although I like their move set) and I don't see them as successful singles competitors.

bjork

Fun Time USA
VS a bunch of clowns

It was cool because it potentially gave everyone a chance to be on and have it be of interest, rather than a dance contest or some fart segment. Heck, WMX8 had a lot of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXvCAwwhhY

Don't know why they edited out the best win in that show's series of exchanges, though:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9vhtx_molly-no-wait-christian-wins-hardco_sport

Fun Time USA

The FunTime USA segment contains my favorite pro wrestling shot of all time: Crash going down the slide, the cameraman -following him down-, then keeping it in frame somehow just in time to see Crash get blasted with a cookie sheet. So good.

Especially since it was completely improved and the cameraman only did it to get down quicker

It might be just me but I hate the way they've built Harper and Rowan. They don't seem that dominant (although I like their move set) and I don't see them as successful singles competitors.

Naw brah. Last night they both looked like huge stars, the only reason they lost was because of Usos using twin powers for massive damage.

DiscoJon

Banned
The FunTime USA segment contains my favorite pro wrestling shot of all time: Crash going down the slide, the cameraman -following him down-, then keeping it in frame somehow just in time to see Crash get blasted with a cookie sheet. So good.

Especially since it was completely improved and the cameraman only did it to get down quicker

I was watching this and thinking the exact same thing! One big thing missing currently in the WWE is spontaneous ad-libbed moments like this.

Harper will be a great singles. Rowan will probably suffer once the Wyatts are done.

McNei1y

Naw brah. Last night they both looked like huge stars, the only reason they lost was because of Usos using twin powers for massive damage.

I thought that was the best match of the night and I definitely thought they (as well as the Usos) looked strong. I just haven't seen any character development to justify that they would be fierce in the singles. All they do (aside from the rare 1 on 1 booking against whoever's facing Bray) is attack/interfere whoever Bray's opponent is. Maybe I just can't see it yet. I do love their ringwork so far though.

Nose Master

the 'both feet' rule has been inplace for ages ever since Shawn Michaels botched pulling himself back into the ring at the Royal Rumble that one time when he was meant to win it.

I'm waiting for the year at the rumble where Kofi lands on one foot and hops back to the ring.

Verendus

Banned
All this discussion over whether Cena will win or Lesnar will win. It doesn't matter anyway since Brotista is taking the title from whoever has it the month after.

Huh. I always thought a terrible rule like that came into being as a piece of quick thinking in reaction to Shawn not quite pulling off that spot. Not something planned.

Nah, they like to add extra drama, so they did that and specifically didn't show Shawn's foot touch until after he came back in and dumped Bulldog. It was a thing.

And it allows nonsense like Kofi's Rumble spots, so it's cool. I also remember a CZW battle royal one time where someone legitimately got eliminated and hopped around on one foot to get back in

When are you muppets going to get that what happened at Extreme Rules is part of why Brock is almost certainly going to win. Why is he taking the match at all if he's going to lose? That doesn't build Cena (who already beat him). That severely wastes the mystique Brock has right now as the guy who ended the streak. It fails to push the authority storyline (who need to occasionally get one over the good guys to be relevant).

I mean, it's not like John has learnt any lessons from Extreme Rules (he no sold the effects of the match last night as well), but keeping the belt on Cena isn't going to help their subscriber numbers, and no matter how strongly John feels about losing to Brock, he doesn't have that much sway in things.

Brock is PPV buys and network subs. More Cena isn't.

At Extreme Rules Brock was a guy whose exit had left the company hanging coming back to face the guy who carried it in his wake. So he lost. Now he's a big star who has shown he is prepared to continue to keep coming back, and to do what they want of him.

Now he's the guy who ended the Undertaker's streak. It's a very different situation.

I personally think it's amazing that people still expect WWE to make the most sensible decision based on classic booking logic when paying attention to the past 10 years.

He didn't just spoil an episode. He spoiled a huge moment which was basically the series finale. Technically it was the episode before the finale. But anyone who is familiar with the show knows that the most important events of each season always happen on the second to last episode of each season.

The reason he did it still kills me...

There's my tag partner!

Son Of D

I stopped watching Battleground after Wyatt/Jericho. I'm presuming I didn't miss anything interesting?

I don't even know how you push the Ascension either.

They don't have any face tag teams to beat with one of Los Jobadores injured. You can't put them over the Rhodes.

Well there's R Truth and Xavier Woods for the initial squash matches, maybe Zack Ryder and Heath Slater can team up as well. Then they can kill Big E and Kofi since they're friends at the moment.

Top Bottom