• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Russian WWE character sparks outrage with flight MH17 reference

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has fallen under intense scrutiny after one of its Russian characters made an inappropriate comment alluding to the doomed flight MH17.

Lana, real name Catherine Joy Perry from Florida, is the ‘manager’ for wrestler Rusev.

She accompanied Rusev into the ring and took their American-hating characters too far by saying: ‘You blame Russia for these recent current events!?’

Lana went on to say: ‘Tonight we dedicate this match to the most powerful man in the world. Tonight we dedicate this match to the man that makes fools out of all of you Americans.

Russian WWE character slammed for flight MH17 reference

‘He is my role model. He is my idol. The president of Russia.’

While Lana did not make any specific reference to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy, viewers drew links to the current debate about Russia’s involvement with the crash.

It sparked an immediate backlash on social media.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Sparks outrage with reference"

"Did not make any specific reference"

stupid shit.

Bowser

What happens if Brock loses clean at the summer fest?

A lot of bitching and moaning.

So basically nothing.

Then.
Now.
Forever.

5df.gif

dream

Would there be any hope anymore? Would the positivity gimmick posters explain that WWE programs work best with 50/50 booking and this just means Brock's due for a couple of wins now? I ask because Brock winning seems like such an obvious finish, and this wretched company loves to swerve us, so I can see a clean Cena win as a very viable possibility.

Sephzilla

The only reason Cena might lose is to hype of the rematch between the two.

"Can John Cena over come The Streak and tie Ric Flair's record 16 championship reigns?"

Bowser

At Sunday’s WWE Battlegroud, The Miz won the Battle Royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Miz dumped Dolph Ziggler out of the ring to win the title after Ziggler thought he had won and didn’t realize Miz was still in the match.

According to a source in WWE, the original plan was for Dolph Ziggler to win the Battle Royal. It was decided last Tuesday at a producers meeting that The Miz would win, since he’s going to be doing a ton of media appearances in the coming weeks and has a new movie coming out, The Marine 4.

The Miz is now scheduled to feud with United States Champion Sheamus before moving into a feud with Ziggler.

http://www.sescoops.com/original-plans-battleground-intercontinental-title-battle-royal-exclusive/

Gotta get the title out into the mainstream public's eyes! smh.

kiguel182

At least there it says he will be feuding with Ziggler eventually. There's hope.

They have a chance of creating a nice feud and give some relevance to the title. Hopefully they won't botch it.

They will.

Anth0ny

If Brock wins, the title will be off TV. Can't be having that.

Cena wins lol, and he'll face Reigns at Mania in the main event for the title.

The only reason Cena might lose is to hype of the rematch between the two.

"Can John Cena over come The Streak and tie Ric Flair's record 16 championship reigns?"

That would be one of the great travesties of our time. That a punk mark Cena would even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Bizazedo

Bullshit they can't possibly think the IC title is gonna make people care about the Marine 4

There's a lot of dumb people / every bit helps. I know everyone here is jaded, but it seems like a good business decision. And it sounds like Ziggler is actually in line for it for a change.

Dude still sells too well.

Bowser

I hope WWE follows through with building up the IC/mid-card title. If the Sheamus/Miz fued is focused on unifying the IC and US titles, then move into a three-man feud with Ziggler/Miz/Sheamus over the unified title until Barrett comes back to "claim his title," it could make for a nice mid-card/upper tier division and bring some prestige back to the mid-card title.

Xavier Woods debuted how long ago on RAW? I can't tell you a single move he does in the ring. Not one. I don't know if he really HAS a character and certainly don't understand said character's motivations. If WWE want me to think of Xavier Woods as some jobber, they're doing a great job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xavier Woods debuted how long ago on RAW? I can't tell you a single move he does in the ring. Not one. I don't know if he really HAS a character and certainly don't understand said character's motivations. If WWE want me to think of Xavier Woods as some jobber, they're doing a great job.

"Best in the Woods" - you don't remember that?

I barely do.

Would there be any hope anymore? Would the positivity gimmick posters explain that WWE programs work best with 50/50 booking and this just means Brock's due for a couple of wins now? I ask because Brock winning seems like such an obvious finish, and this wretched company loves to swerve us, so I can see a clean Cena win as a very viable possibility.

dream, would you agree that Seth vs Dean has been poorly booked cause they jumped the gun and allowed the face to get his hands on the coward heel multiple times before the actual match happens?

no one seems to get it but i'm sure you will since you're unbiased.

kiguel182

The question is, why put him on the main show and then do nothing with him?

If they don't have a plan just let them be on NXT.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't care what people say. Miz is a fantastic heel. He's so dislikable that he's a natural heel, and he plays the Hollywood role well, simply because it's ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
jesus, i gotta find that match. a lady carny wrasslin since she was 11 at barns in Norwich and a Lita mark who blew Jay Lethal in exchange for tips on how to do dropkicks. would i be far off in saying it was 4.5 star match, friend?

Requoting this because it's as cold blooded as shit can be

It's actually called "Lost in the Woods". But it's okay. No one would know that unless you saw him on NXT before.

Oh hell I thought that was his entrance

Son Of D

Excluding being a filler spot in a battle royal has Xavier Woods even been in a PPV other than his 2v1 Extreme Rules match? I'd say he's worse off than Adam Rose since at least Rose has a shit segment each week on Raw.

Remember when they opened the Performance Center and had Xavier Woods come up to give a speech like he was the crown jewel of developmental?

Requoting this because it's as cold blooded as shit can be

you know what's funny, friend Vince? folks a few pages back blaming everything and anything for killing the crowd instead of blaming one of the worst matches of the year between 2 ladies who can barely do a sequence without botching something.

what's the new meme? oh, "it's not a slow match, it's old school".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you know what's funny, friend Vince? folks a few pages back blaming everything and anything for killing the crowd instead of blaming one of the worst matches of the year between 2 ladies who can barely do a sequence without botching something.

what's the new meme? oh, "it's not a slow match, it's old school".

What was a real shame about that match was how people (myself included!) said "Well they're not given enough time. They need more time to tell a story."

We got time, we got that story. It just wasn't worth a damn. A shame.

They got over 7 minutes and it was no bueno.

I'm going to plead xism and say I just cannot believe that the audience would give enough of a shit about the divas to let that kill them off. It was the bait and switch that did them in!

What was a real shame about that match was how people (myself included!) said "Well they're not given enough time. They need more time to tell a story."

We got time, we got that story. It just wasn't worth a damn. A shame.

They got over 7 minutes and it was no bueno.

i'm actually curious to see how Flair's daughter does with her MMA physique. not even kidding, they should give her a Rousey gimmick and run with it.

Top Bottom