• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Not surprised Jimmy's turning heel elsewhere, his run in PROGRESS has shown he's got a knack for playing the bastard, so it only makes sense to bring the act to other promotions and it works well for ICW, where he has quite a history.

I've been meaning to check out ICW - I like that they don't use a ton of imports, but wouldn't mind a few more 'names' from the British wrestling scene on their shows.
Just thought it was a bit odd to use the same reasoning 6 months down the line.

I should check out ICW's next London show, I go to the Fringe most years too (not this one though :'( ) so hopefully I can catch them then too assuming they're still running the Fringe next year.

I know it's Reddit, but still, this was funny.

Flo Rida was performing on a TV taping, it might have been Tribute to the Troops. I can't remember the exact show. Anyway, he was rehearsing his performance during the day and started practicing his song "Whistle." Kevin (Dunn) was a HUGE fan of this song. So much so that after the rehearsal was done, Kevin was singing it the entire rest of the day. We heard that all day. He even did the whistle part of the song. What is even funnier to me is that I don't really think Kevin knows the song is about getting your dick sucked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This list is missing ICP and Pete Rose.

ICP should be on there. Mostly for their out of the ring contributions. I'm not as fond of the Pete Rose stuff as other people are.

WWE-WWF_Wrestlemania-X_Mr-Perfect_guest-referee.jpg

What is Mr. Perfect's ref attire at Wrestlemania X?

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
I had to work last night so I watching Battlegrounds right now. One question did Sandow piss someone off? Why does he keep coming out in crazy/stupid out fits?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think WMX might have my most consistent favored results for matches

The Bushwhackers lost(though Jim Cornette's team winning sucks because Cornette's no good)
Owen won
Bam Bam and Luna won(and Luna splashed Dink)
Savage won
Blayze won
I don't care about Men on a Mission or Quebecers
Yoko beat Lex
Quake squashed Adam Bomb
Razor won
Bret won(mostly prefer Bret over Yoko at this point because Yoko was already in bad shape)

good stuff

I had to work last night so I watching Battlegrounds right now. One question did Sandow piss someone off? Why does he keep coming out in crazy/stupid out fits?

If he pissed someone off, he'd be off TV completely. They feel a need to have comedy on the card, and just for whatever reason think this is working for him.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
If he pissed someone off, he'd be off TV completely. They feel a need to have comedy on the card, and just for whatever reason think this is working for him.

I guess you're right. Just seems crazy. Don't get me wrong comedy wrestling is some of the best wrestling but I don't find this that funny. Oh well, to continue with this lacking pay per view! I will say I really like the Tag match. Best match so far for me.

These heel Hart Foundation promos on SNME are hilarious. Bret Hart is SO BAD. XD

Edit: HEY! Ken Patera is choking Heenan with a belt! This ain't TV-PG!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Muhammad Ali? Mr. T? Andy Kaufman?

Nah, nah, yes. Regis is in there more as his out-of-the-ring stuff for me. I know a lot of wrestlers consider him the first mainstream tv personality who took them seriously.

I thought the Tyson/Austin thing was better hyped than Ali's wrestling involvement, including the stuff with Monsoon. Though I did think the ending was dumb, and I think the DX involvement was dumb. Just felt like, 'Hey, Mike Tyson is popular, so we have to get him in on DX, the greatest stable of all time according to WWE.com in the future.' Thought Tyson should have just been the ref and had problems with Austin leading up to it then calling it down the middle as a sign of respect.

Patryn

How much?

Free, as long as you have a cable/satellite subscription that has a deal with FX. They currently have deals with over 60 percent of cable companies.

Basically if you currently have access to the FX Now app, you'll have access to this.

I do expect it to have commercials. Which might be the WWE Network's next step: Following the (ugh) Hulu model, paid subscription + commercials.

Free, as long as you have a cable/satellite subscription that has a deal with FX. They currently have deals with over 60 percent of cable companies.

Basically if you currently have access to the FX Now app, you'll have access to this.

Damn that's awesome, and now I'm wishing for an international deal. I'd pay for Simpsons Backlog on 24/7 available stream.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Next time you guys use 'Cena pins Bork' gif, someone can use this in retaliation
kfedpinscenawukrn.gif

K-Fed is undefeated.
Damn that's awesome, and now I'm wishing for an international deal. I'd pay for Simpsons Backlog on 24/7 available stream.

I still think it'll be the last big score for Netflix. Ever since Star Trek, I've been waiting for Seinfeld and Simpsons full series to show up. Or on Amazon prime. I'd also like to see all of MST3K, but I know that can be a licensing nightmare.

DiscoJon

Banned
Nah, nah, yes. Regis is in there more as his out-of-the-ring stuff for me. I know a lot of wrestlers consider him the first mainstream tv personality who took them seriously.

You may be to young to remember, but Mr. T was a pretty big deal at the time. I'd thrown in Cyndi Lauper in to the Top 10 of all time as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You may be to young to remember, but Mr. T was a pretty big deal at the time. I'd thrown in Cyndi Lauper in to the Top 10 of all time as well.
I'm just saying my favorites, not necessarily the best. The people I enjoyed the most. Like K-Fed throwing money on the ring after he won the match. and all those interviews LT did talking smack about Bam Bam.

I do expect it to have commercials. Which might be the WWE Network's next step: Following the (ugh) Hulu model, paid subscription + commercials.

I thought it was FXX you have to have on your cable sub? FXX is only available in about 60% of homes.

During last night's WWE Battleground pay-per-view event, The Miz won the Battle Royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. He eliminated Dolph Ziggler, who thought he had won and didn't realize The Miz had been hiding out on the floor.

The original plan was for Ziggler to win the Battle Royal, but it was decided on Tuesday at a production meeting to give it to The Miz instead. The change was made because Miz will be doing a lot of media appearances over the next few weeks and has The Marine 4 coming out as well.

#moneymaker #crowdgoesmild

I still think it'll be the last big score for Netflix. Ever since Star Trek, I've been waiting for Seinfeld and Simpsons full series to show up. Or on Amazon prime. I'd also like to see all of MST3K, but I know that can be a licensing nightmare.

Yeah, it'd be a huge deal and I have hope it'll happen at some point considering Futurama is on there. I've noticed a few MST3Ks pop up lately too!

bjork

I know the story is CM Punk saved his money and so he doesn't need to wrestle etc, but is he so thrifty that he borrowed his dad's suit? What the hell.

Top Bottom