• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Wesker, were the cockles of your heart as warm as mine when the crowd chanted "Daniel Bryan" last night?

It was a nice whiff of nostalgia. It had been... what...since probably March we had heard a chant for him in a match he wasn't in? I missed that. Especially one with INFALLIBLE TOP STAR AND GREATEST WORLD CHAMPION OF ALL TIME and goldensupermanpunchspearooohhaaahhhboy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, now I'm confused. Which one had the Wyatt-In-A-Box ending? Extreme Rules? I liked that too.

strobogo

Banned
Duncan mentioned it in the chat last night but has Bray had a good match besides the one with Bryan? He's been running on good will from that + sympathy for being fed to Cena. I remember hearing his match with Jericho on NXT was good but I heard that from... Jericho. So I don't know. Their match last night was like Paige/AJ in a way: someone maybe not really that good vs someone returning with ring rust. I'm hoping they click at SummerSlam.

Reigns is gonna have a similar test against Orton, but I don't think Orton can carry Reigns to a good match.

Cena/Bray at WM was good before the finish. Shield vs Wyatts 1 was good. He had some fun 6 mans before WM.

BtGF3bNCYAEi3cY.jpg:large

$5,028,308

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For all this "legitimacy" esports is getting I still have yet to see anyone outside of a bunch of dorks give a shit about it. I see nothing out there.

jred2k

Does China breed and select their DOTA players the same way they do their Olympic athletes?

For all this "legitimacy" esports is getting I still have yet to see anyone outside of a bunch of dorks give a shit about it. I see nothing out there.

I can only imagine the amount of ill-fitting khaki and plaid in those audiences.

Cena/Bray at WM was good before the finish. Shield vs Wyatts 1 was good. He had some fun 6 mans before WM.

I didn't want to count the tags but I'm not sure if that's fair or not.

I see a lot of noise from hopefuls wanting to make six figures from playing video games. That's about it.

DMczaf

I'm going to Comic Con Wednesday morning, I'll be back Monday morning. Time to see what kind of wrasslin I can do!

Thursday, July 24

10:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m., Booth 3029 (Mattel) – WWE Slam City takeover
Visit the Mattel booth on Thursday for special photo ops, displays and interactive moments featuring WWE Slam City characters!

10:15 a.m – 11:15 a.m., Room 6DE – Mattel and WWE: Over-the-Top Action!
Join Daniel Bryan, Paul Heyman, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan and moderator Michael Cole for a first look at upcoming Mattel action figures and a sneak peek at WWE Network.

12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., Booth 3029 (Mattel) – Hulk Hogan and Daniel Bryan autograph signing
Tickets will be available at 9:30 a.m. in Panel Room 6DE. First come, first served!

5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Booth 4045 (Lionsgate) – Kane and Hornswoggle autograph signing
Meet the stars of WWE Studios and Lionsgate’s “Leprechaun Origins” and “See No Evil 2,” Hornswoggle and Kane!

7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Room 7AB – WWE Studios and Lionsgate: A Look Behind the Horror of “Leprechaun Origins” and “See No Evil 2”
Hornswoggle and Kane join filmmakers for a special behind-the-scenes glimpse into the terrors that await in “Leprechaun Origins” and “See No Evil 2.”

Friday, July 25

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Booth 3029 (Mattel) – Big E autograph signing
Tickets will be available at 9:30 a.m. at the Mattel booth. First come, first served!

2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Xbox Gaming Lounge, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Seaport Ballroom, 2nd Floor – Big E appearance
Come hang with Big E and the Microsoft crew to experience the power of Xbox One.

oh boy

strobogo

Banned
I didn't want to count the tags but I'm not sure if that's fair or not.

I see a lot of noise from hopefuls wanting to make six figures from playing video games. That's about it.

Well of his 6 big singles PPV matches, 2 were terribly booked matches with Cena that made both guys look bad, 1 was an inferno match with 46 year old Kane, and 1 was with a returning and rusty Jericho, who hasn't had a quality match in 2-3 years anyway.

So he's had one great match with Bryan and one good match with a bad finish with Cena.

Zach

Guys, I need to get something off my chest while I'm here at work ignoring my duties. As some of you may know, I am currently watching basically everything from WrestleMania I on in chronological order. So I fast forward here and there during RAW and ECW TV, big deal! Anyway, that's not what I want to share. My horrible, horrible secret is that there have been some segments over the past few RAWs that I knew I would hate. I've always disliked the wrestler involved. I remember hating the gimmick. It's cheesy. It's stupid. It's just so... so... deliciously obnoxious! I love the Double-J segments! I can't help it! That silly music! That terrible accent! It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

That's J E double-F J A double-R E double-T, that's Double-J, Jeff Jarrett!

Well of his 6 big singles PPV matches, 2 were terribly booked matches with Cena that made both guys look bad, 1 was an inferno match with 46 year old Kane, and 1 was with a returning and rusty Jericho, who hasn't had a quality match in 2-3 years anyway.

So he's had one great match with Bryan and one good match with a bad finish with Cena.

Damn he really hasn't had too many showcases, which makes his Cena feud even worse all things considered.

bjork

Guys, I need to get something off my chest while I'm here at work ignoring my duties. As some of you may know, I am currently watching basically everything from WrestleMania I on in chronological order. So I fast forward here and there during RAW and ECW TV, big deal! Anyway, that's not what I want to share. My horrible, horrible secret is that there have been some segments over the past few RAWs that I knew I would hate. I've always disliked the wrestler involved. I remember hating the gimmick. It's cheesy. It's stupid. It's just so... so... deliciously obnoxious! I love the Double-J segments! I can't help it! That silly music! That terrible accent! It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

That's J E double-F J A double-R E double-T, that's Double-J, Jeff Jarrett!

ain't he great?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doing everything I can not to gimmick post in the Apartment thread :O

Top Bottom