• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

zychi

Banned
Sure, extrapolate my position out to incomparable extremes. Whatever you say.

All unfair advantages. Specifically the fact that Nike is used in colleges with world class research behind it(like PEDs) while some colleges are stuck with ADIDAS

Recruiting should be illegal too. Caliparri shouldn't be allowed to convince a kid from West Chicago to come to Kentucky over that shit community college he lives near. Unfair advantage for all schools.

West coast nfl teams shouldn't be forced to fly to the East coast and play games that are essentially morning games for their body's clock.

Brings back fond memories of Professor Beef and I brainstorming the steroid-enhanced future of baseball.

Keep an eye out for Nomo X, friends, all I'm sayin'.
The memories
agree 100%.

folks against it probably didn't see Belfort sending a 220lb man AIRBORNE with an uppercut:

gancho.gif

Jesus, that's like an actual SRK

Cagey

Banned
No, that would be the booking as well. It happened so much after the main roster and didn't happen at all in NXT, so clearly there's an agent going through their match and saying that the best way is for Paige to be beaten up until she hits a fluke move and gets the win.

It's fucking dumb booking and they do it with faces all the time, albeit usually with more than one fluke move.

There's two ways to frame this sentiment. The first being it's a poor excuse for Paige that it's everyone else's fault she's a non-entity fast-forward inspiring bore.

The second being that it's an admission that Paige as a person is irrelevant, and that everyone's level of interest or talent on display depends on the booking, which doesn't seem to be what her NXT champions believe.

All unfair advantages. Specifically the fact that Nike is used in colleges with world class research behind it(like PEDs) while some colleges are stuck with ADIDAS

Recruiting should be illegal too. Caliparri shouldn't be allowed to convince a kid from West Chicago to come to Kentucky over that shit community college he lives near. Unfair advantage for all schools.

West coast nfl teams shouldn't be forced to fly to the East coast and play games that are essentially morning games for their body's clock.

Comparing PEDs to any of those things is laughable, but whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

zychi

Banned
Comparing PEDs to any of those things is laughable, but whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

You say it's an unfair advantage for a player to use a PED.

These are all unfair advantages for an athlete. My shitty high school couldn't compete with the rich side of town because we didn't have the money thrown into our school for the brand new facilities and the turf football field.

Northwestern in Chicago doesn't have a football facility currently, they can't afford to build a billion dollar facility like Alabama, for lifting and getting in better shape then the rest of the country's football teams.

Unfair advantages. Why ban just one thing, when you should be more upset that Nick Saban has financed an NFL team in the college ranks?

Did Emma steal them all?

Friend Heel, I think Emma will receive her justice from the court of law in the state of Connecticut. As for Zack Ryder, I would say there might be a place for him in any sort of independent wrestling promotion. Would you agree?

You say it's an unfair advantage for a player to use a PED.

These are all unfair advantages for an athlete. My shitty high school couldn't compete with the rich side of town because we didn't have the money thrown into our school for the brand new facilities and the turf football field.

Northwestern in Chicago doesn't have a football facility currently, they can't afford to build a billion dollar facility like Alabama, for lifting and getting in better shape then the rest of the country's football teams.

Unfair advantages. Why ban just one thing, when you should be more upset that Nick Saban has financed an NFL team in the college ranks?

I argue with people who bring logic. This is not logic, so we are done here.

I wasn't able to post last night, but what's the deal with this? Duncan, are you alright? Have you calmed down since then? If last night's Raw did that to you how the fuck did you make it through April and May?

i don't know man i think i might just hit the breaking point. there are literally only two people on the roster that are given decent storylines that i care about and really just hit the breaking point of it all.

having this cast on and not being able to ride this bike i bought literally a day before also done it's share of depressing the crap out of me. we're talking 6 to 8 weeks out of action. that bike wasn't cheap either.

with or without pain meds, i always feel some form of pain because of the screws inside the wrist.

all i'm saying is: this raw did nothing for me and i'm taking all my frustrations on it.

I come back here every couple of weeks, embrace the radical opinions, then leave for a while. Time for a break again guys. I'll return around G1 time probably.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hope I'm the first to gif this from last night
iubrYiCYqRtIS.gif

i don't know man i think i might just hit the breaking point. there are literally only two people on the roster that are given decent storylines that i care about and really just hit the breaking point of it all.

having this cast on and not being able to ride this bike i bought literally a day before also done it's share of depressing the crap out of me. we're talking 6 to 8 weeks out of action. that bike wasn't cheap either.

with or without pain meds, i always feel some form of pain because of the screws inside the wrist.

all i'm saying is: this raw did nothing for me and i'm taking all my frustrations on it.

It's just Raw. I'll cheer you up, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1EVtvHvwU

NO SLEEP NO FOOOOOD

DMczaf

Time for our Halftime WWE awards

MVP: Triple H
Runner up: Steph

Best Match: Wyatts vs Shield at Elimination Chamber
Runner Up: Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan ROH Match at WM30.

Best Diva: Steph

Most Improved: Cody Rhodes (aka STARDUST)

Miz Award (aka LVP): Demon Kane

Best Rookie: BO-ner

Best Moment: SHOOKIEST SHOOK WM30 BORK LASER WINS

Best Bet at Being the 2nd half MVP: Scumbag Dean

jred2k

Here, just remember the good times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX1ATcyQxU

And get back on that god damn bike. Now you've got a cast on to protect your wrist should you fall again.

I come back here every couple of weeks, embrace the radical opinions, then leave for a while. Time for a break again guys. I'll return around G1 time probably.

Why not just stick around and not pick arguments with people who just want to yell loudly? This thread can be a decent place for wrestling discussion when you choose not to give attention-seekers the attention they want.

Duncan cares a lot, Vince McMahondroid. Duncan is Duncan. Duncan. When Duncan doesn't post, I only wonder where's Duncan? Where did Duncan go?

Duncan. Seriously. Who gives a shit? It's a cover for a game. It doesn't matter. It seriously doesn't. Get outta this funk you funkin funker!

i just posted that for news sake

and talk about funk; no greater hell than the smell of an aging cast. no perfume/deoderant in the world can save it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i just posted that for news sake

and talk about funk; no greater hell than the smell of an aging cast. no perfume/deoderant in the world can save it.

I can't tell when you're giving an emotional shoot or not. You're scaring your WrassleGAF Family.

And yeah, you stank

tm24

MVP: Triple H
Runner up: Steph

Best Match: Wyatts vs Shield at Elimination Chamber
Runner Up: Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan ROH Match at WM30.

Best Diva: Steph

Most Improved: Cody Rhodes (aka STARDUST)

Miz Award (aka LVP): Demon Kane

Best Rookie: BO-ner

Best Moment: SHOOKIEST SHOOK WM30 BORK LASER WINS

Best Bet at Being the 2nd half MVP: Scumbag Dean
I agree with this

jred2k

I bet Cena hasn't touched a video game in years.

I hope you are ready for months of promos featuring Cena losing matches of 2K15 to Make-A-Wish kids. I can already see his smug face laughing while placing down his controller and patting the kid on the back.

It will be the only recorded video of Cena putting someone over that will ever get aired on WWE TV again.

XenoRaven

People on gaming side are mad that people that made 2 games they like and have 2 more games they're excited for in development are also now making a MOBA. That's when I decided to take a break.

Sephzilla

MVP: HHH
Runner up: Daniel Bryan

Best Match: Daniel Bryan vs HHH at WrestleMania 30
Runner Up: Cesaro vs Sami Zayn at NXT Arrival

Best Diva: Charlotte

Most Improved: Charlotte

Miz Award (aka LVP): Batista

Best Rookie: Bo Dallas

Best Moment: Tie: Triple H's WrestleMania 30 intro & Batista getting booed out of the building at the Royal Rumble

Projected 2nd Half MVP: Dean Ambrose

MVP: Daniel Bryan for making WM 30 so special
Runner up: HHH

Best Match: Shield vs Wyatts at Elimination Chamber
Runner Up: Bryan vs. HHH

Best Diva: Natalya

Most Improved: Seth Rollins

Miz Award (aka LVP): Batista

Best Rookie: Bo Dallas

Best Moment: Bryan Occupying Raw and getting his matches

Edit:whoops, totally forgot about the streak ending, definitely that.

Projected 2nd Half MVP: Seth Rollins

AnFox

Ok so Bray feuds with Cena and the crowds loves Bray.
Management sees this and needs a way to fix it.
Get Jericho back, Bray jumps him. Crowd completely turns on Bray for max heel effect.

So in the end, we got Jericho back because of Cena?

People on gaming side are mad that people that made 2 games they like and have 2 more games they're excited for in development are also now making a MOBA. That's when I decided to take a break.

MOBAs are bad, but who cares that those people are making something new for them? jfc Games

Friend Sina gave us his word on 2K15 being good. I'm inclined to believe him, friends.

I knew it'd be better than last year the moment Meltzer reported Sting would be involved. JR confirming it on Austin's podcast coupled with the Cena cover..fuck it, I'll buy it, which is more than I could say for 2K14.

I actually do think it was the image of Cena standing next to the cover of the game with Cena on it that did it for me. I wasn't angry or anything, just tired.

This show just isn't for me and that's OK.

Top Bottom