• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Aiii

So not worth it
Roman Reigns is great, so quit your whining and just enjoy the ride. Jesus guys, don't be a lemon.

-edit: NEW REIGNS!
roman_reigns_7-1403594040.jpg

Showaddy

A shit wrestler like Reigns getting a mega-push wouldn't be a problem if Vince had the fucking brains to push more than one person at a time.

It's the wet hair.

With Bret, I loved it. But literally anyone else, it bugs the shit out of me. It doesn't make you look tough, for me at least. Just makes you look like a birth canal exiting fool.

It also bugs me that he keeps the Shield gear, stop living in the past. Add the limited moveset (granted he won't have an injury with it, meaning no momentum halted, PERFECT) and the forcefulness of them telling me how awesome he is, I'm just having none of it.

Vylash

It's the wet hair.

With Bret, I loved it. But literally anyone else, it bugs the shit out of me. It doesn't make you look tough, for me at least. Just birth canal exiting fools.

It also bugs me that he keeps the Shield gear. Add the limited moveset (granted he won't have an injury with it, meaning no momentum halted, PERFECT) and the forcefulness of them telling me how awesome he is, I'm just having none of it.

Can't wait for him to tear a hamstring doing that apron dropkick

Cagey

Banned
It's the wet hair.

With Bret, I loved it. But literally anyone else, it bugs the shit out of me. It doesn't make you look tough, for me at least. Just makes you look like a birth canal exiting fool.

It also bugs me that he keeps the Shield gear, stop living in the past. Add the limited moveset (granted he won't have an injury with it, meaning no momentum halted, PERFECT) and the forcefulness of them telling me how awesome he is, I'm just having none of it.

Oh hipsters.

It's the wet hair.

It also bugs me that he keeps the Shield gear. Add the limited moveset (granted he won't have an injury with it, meaning no momentum halted, PERFECT) and the forcefulness of them telling me how awesome he is, I'm just having none of it.

The apron kick spot is an injury just waiting to happen. He also smashes his fist like an idiot sometimes before doing a super man punch. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a wrist injury from that.

Alucard

Banned
I've been meaning to ask about Stro, but scared of what I might read... Is there any chance of a Lionel Mandrake style synopsis, or will we never know? :-(

Stro got GOT? Can't say I feel bad, dude was ASKING FOR IT. Shame, he was one of the good ones.

Wait, what happened?

I haven't seen the Cena thread, but in the Santino thread he was breaking kayfabe and going on about "Really, guys? Keep this fucking shit to community. Nobody cares about community in-jokes" or something.

Agreed. Too many people taking athletic theatre way too seriously.

When you have so much hope given to you and it all gets taken away from you in a swift instant, it can be a little disheartening. I know it literally happens in wrestling all the time but man, you're just not simply prepared for it. No matter how hard or cynical you try to be.

Alucard

Banned
When you have so much hope given to you and it all gets taken away from you in a swift instant, it can be a little disheartening. I know it literally happens in wrestling all the time but man, you're just not simply prepared for it. No matter how hard or cynical you try to be.

We just have to accept that getting a good wrestling show every week is never going to happen. It's the only genre that has stories going 365 days per year. Not all of that is going to be good.

I can admit that a lot of wrestling just plain sucks, but I watch for those golden nuggets here and there.

Marvel

could never
1st Horse now Stro, though tbh you're right about OT not understanding that type of gimmick posting one bit.

Not smart.

We just have to accept that getting a good wrestling show every week is never going to happen. It's the only genre that has stories going 365 days per year. Not all of that is going to be good.

I can admit that a lot of wrestling just plain sucks, but I watch for those golden nuggets here and there.

It's the three hours. I ain't following shit today. I don't care. If anything great happens, I'll simply catch it some other time. Last week really soured me for some reason.

I'm probably missing Monday Night Sina tonight since by the time I finish my classes today, I'll be awake for close to 24 hours. So I'll most likely be snoozing the rest of the day. Hopefully the show sucks so I don't feel to bad for missing it.

I'm probably missing Monday Night Sina tonight since by the time I finish my classes today, I'll be awake for close to 24 hours. So I'll most likely be snoozing the rest of the day. Hopefully the show sucks so I don't feel to bad for missing it.

So you are basically pulling a batista by snoozing though while RAW is on. But Batista came out to his matches and snoozed to most of them...

Toshiaki Kawada (c) vs Kenta Kobashi - Triple Crown Championship - (AJPW 1995/01/19)

This is the famous
one hour draw
that some rank above the epic Misawa/Kawada match from the same year, awesome match, as you'd expect. Crowd are behind Kobashi in a big way, hoping to see him with the big one for the first time, but Kawada is a very difficult opponent to put away. Love the reactions in this one - there's a spot about half way through where Kobashi whips Kawada into the ropes, but he just collapses out of exhaustion and the crowd react perfectly. If you've got an hour or so spare, watch this.

Kobashi.gif

Alucard

Banned
It's a custom belt, she reversed the words to show that she's gonna turn the division on it's head, it's absolutely brilliant

Oh, snap. She hasn't shown much yet, though. It'll be interesting to see where she is in a year or two because right now her in-ring work is painful to watch as a longtime fan.

Alucard

Banned
Raw was phenomenal last week. 0 reason to quit now

Agreed about it being a great show. If that Raw didn't make you feel something or get you excited, you are dead inside as a wrestling fan because it doesn't get a lot better than that.

I'm excited to be attending tonight's show!

Aiii

So not worth it
Agreed about it being a great show. If that Raw didn't make you feel something or get you excited, you are dead inside as a wrestling fan because it doesn't get a lot better than that.

I'm excited to be attending tonight's show!

The good thing about Raw last week was that it was the first time since Mania where you can tell they actually have some long-term booking going on and have ideas on storylines that extend past one week time. They're setting up matches for SummerSlam, they have some feuds starting that are gonna be entertaining and at least feel important.

I remain hopeful.

Laserfrog

The Bret Hart hatred shown earlier by Pepsicity has really hurt me, you know? It's all fun and games and gimmick postings until someone says something bad about the frugal Canadian Bret Hart. His clothes may be pink and black, but his heart is golden, like a golden lampshade.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Bret Hart hatred shown earlier by Pepsicity has really hurt me, you know? It's all fun and games and gimmick postings until someone says something bad about the frugal Canadian Bret Hart. His clothes may be pink and black, but his heart is golden, like a golden lampshade.

Or a Golden Shower, amirite?

Alucard

Banned

He shines bright like a diamond in a sea of coal, friend Laserfrog. Like a diamond in a sea of coal.

Top Bottom