• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Foggy

PWG and New Japan top 10s would be the only great top 10s

DDT would only need a top 3 (train match, Suzuki Dome match, and the upcoming Suzuki rematch on an island)

DDT this year has actually been really really good. Although not as good as New Japan's, they'd have one of the better top 10s so far for the year.

Anth0ny

This Ambrose story is amazing:

Ambrose got the tacks into his Asylum Match by going into Vince's office and saying "Come on," over and over again and refusing to leave until he said yes. Also it was a surprise to Jericho.

Ambrose: Finally I heh went into his office... and would. not. leave. until he just agreed. I---- he --- went

(Vince): "No." I was like "Come on," (Vince): "NO." (Ambrose): "Come on," (Vince): "NO!" (Ambrose): "..." Come on,"

Jericho: How did you finally convince him?

Ambrose: I literally just wouldn't leave. I just kept goin "Come on,". I was - I was like "They're safe! They're stupid!" I was like "Vince, these marks, they're stupid. They love 'em. Guys like me and you, we're smart..., we know it's safe." Finally he was just sick of me being in his office and he was just like...

(Vince): "(exasperated gasp)... Jericho okay with it...?

Ambrose: I'm like "Yeah. Loves it. His idea."

(Vince): (exasperated gasp 2)... fine.

Zach

Big and I'm bad
And I want you to know
I hang around
Where the grass is greener
Totally naked, baby
Totally nude
'Cause if I want to
Who's gonna stop me?
I'm absolutely free
Living in the trees
The birdies and the bees
Because I'm a Nature Boy

mER9u3E.gif

Big and I'm bad
And I want you to know
I hang around
Totally naked, baby
Totally nude
'Cause if I want to
Who's gonna stop me?
I'm absolutely free
Living in the trees
The birdies and the bees
Because I'm a Nature Boy

mER9u3E.gif
Ur mom

jmdajr

I did it. All 11 hours of the Benoit lapsed fan.

Holy fucking fuck. Healthy testosterone ratio is 1:1. Olympic max before you get booked is 4:1. WWE before you get booked is 10:1.

BENOIT'S FUCKING DEAD BODY WAS FOUND AT 59:1

������������

jesus christ wut?

Big and I'm bad
And I want you to know
I hang around
Totally naked, baby
Totally nude
'Cause if I want to
Who's gonna stop me?
I'm absolutely free
Living in the trees
The birdies and the bees
Because I'm a Nature Boy

mER9u3E.gif

F I L T H

Foggy

And a PS4 app.

It's been talked about before, but pivotshare had theirs ready to be a PS4 app but Sony didn't want them for whatever reason. I'm not sure if WWE has a deal with Sony or if Sony has just clamped down on what appears in their stores.

As for the Roku app, I'd imagine one would come soon since they released an Amazon Fire app for it.

Jamie OD

DDT this year has actually been really really good. Although not as good as New Japan's, they'd have one of the better top 10s so far for the year.

Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo, Akito and Kazusada Higuchi are like four of the most fantastic modern generation wrestlers that almost nobody outside of the fanbase know about.

Maybe I'm being biased a little.

Anth0ny

jesus christ wut?

The whole situation is just more fucked up than you could ever imagine. It's like a cocktail of 5 different things that caused Benoit to do this fucking madness.

He wasn't just taking roids to get a big body. He took them to heal from injuries. Think of how many injuries the dude had stacked up by 2007. Was clear that he was living in constant pain at that point. He was just fucked on an unimaginable level.

Kaladin

It's been talked about before, but pivotshare had theirs ready to be a PS4 app but Sony didn't want them for whatever reason. I'm not sure if WWE has a deal with Sony or if Sony has just clamped down on what appears in their stores.

As for the Roku app, I'd imagine one would come soon since they released an Amazon Fire app for it.

I didn't know there was a Fire TV app, that is somewhat good news.

Anth0ny

Based purely on what I saw at WK11, Young Bucks are shite. I was confused as to why they're a big deal. They just seemed annoying.

Depending on how you look at them, I feel like you either love them or hate them.

I love them. Being the elite (their YouTube show) adds to their charisma. They're complete fucking goofballs. Like Shawn michaels on coke circa 1997 except completely self aware.

taken from the fire pro thread

New informations guys!

Around 5 people already have access to the game and this one here is uploading videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/goodreverend2k1

You can see that there are over 100 new faces and hundreds of hair, beards and mask parts cause it seems they splittet up the faces from FPR. That means we have almost infinite combinations.

Edit:

3 hour gameplay stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/freeplaymode1/v/157172365?sr=a&t=12s

Being The Elite is my favorite thing is wrassling at the moment

I do really enjoy their in-ring stuff but I'd be a fan based solely on the webseries.

Based purely on what I saw at WK11, Young Bucks are shite. I was confused as to why they're a big deal. They just seemed annoying.

Well, at least we can now rule out "HeRoman's alt"

The whole situation is just more fucked up than you could ever imagine. It's like a cocktail of 5 different things that caused Benoit to do this fucking madness.

He wasn't just taking roids to get a big body. He took them to heal from injuries. Think of how many injuries the dude had stacked up by 2007. Was clear that he was living in constant pain at that point. He was just fucked on an unimaginable level.

It's one of those things that, no matter how much you know about the situation, it becomes more and more fucked up with each new thing you hear/read. I don't know if I could listen to 11 hours of anyone talking about it

Well, at least we can now rule out "HeRoman's alt"

It's one of those things that, no matter how much you know about the situation, it becomes more and more fucked up with each new thing you hear/read. I don't know if I could listen to 11 hours of anyone talking about it
It's especially hard hearing those dinguses talking about it.

Foggy

Give their Dominion tag title match a watch. As much flack as they get for being one-note gimmicks, they are capable of having excellent traditional matches. For better or worse, they know what gives them notoriety and views so they lean into it heavily.

Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo, Akito and Kazusada Higuchi are like four of the most fantastic modern generation wrestlers that almost nobody outside of the fanbase know about.

Maybe I'm being biased a little.

Takeshita and Endo are going to be a big deal in the next year or two, I have total faith. They have almost everything you'd want a well-rounded promotion to have. Takeshita as the young ace proving himself, Endo as the rival following the same trajectory, Harashima as the perfect gatekeeper, Irie as the sympathetic figure who will get an enormous pop when he finally beats Harashima, Higuchi as an exciting young hoss, Damnation as a fun heel-ish stable. Everything's developing in an exciting way which dovetails beautifully into the sudden access afforded by ddtuniverse.

Sephzilla

I feel like Brock vs Joe needs to be a hardcore match or something. Someone needs to get slammed through a table or something to make it a full on Brockzilla vs Mighty Joe Young

Foggy

I feel like Brock vs Joe needs to be a hardcore match or something. Someone needs to get slammed through a table or something to make it a full on Brockzilla vs Mighty Joe Young

The beauty of something like that happening naturally is too good to pass up. What ref in their right mind would stop them from pulling out tables or chairs regardless of whether it's an actual stipulation?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Joe vs Brock doesn't need any gimmicks. Just let it be monster vs monster and have Joe look good until eventually going down to suplex city + F5. Or better yet shock us all and have Joe win...

Anth0ny

The young bucks are less annoying than every overly scripted WWE baby face.

Tony's factual top 5 of 2017:

1. Omega
2. Okada
3. Ishii
4. Takahashi
5. Tanahashi

Fooookin new Japan fo lyfe #5years

Kaladin

Joe vs Brock doesn't need any gimmicks. Just let it be monster vs monster and have Joe look good until eventually going down to suplex city + F5. Or better yet shock us all and have Joe win...

I'm hoping for Joe winning. There is money in Raw having Joe + Strowman + Lesnar at the top with Joe taking on all comers.

Sephzilla

The Young Bucks are Matt Striker if he put his brain in a tag team.

Also, I see Data West is going for the "i liked NJPW before it was cool" hipster angle

Top Bottom