• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Menome

Probably already discussed, but only just seen the WWE Network Database leaks news. Whole database sitting on an Amazon server with no login credentials needed...

Now everyone will know you're a mark!

Now everyone can see that Heroman has a three-year uninterrupted sub.

So are the likes of AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, etc. allowed to continue to use 'their' names once they leave the WWE?

So are the likes of AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, etc. allowed to continue to use 'their' names once they leave the WWE?

Yes.

WWE doesn't own them.

Only reason Dudleys couldn't is that it was ECW who owned the name so when WWE bought ECW they bought ownership of the name

Hex

Banned
Alot of these guys do not do it just for the money, they want to be out there night after night.
Going back to the indys Aries can be a king again

Syder

Austin Aries had to know he was coming in as experienced talent to enhance other performers, he could've been CW Champion though if it weren't for Neville hitting the peak of his career.

klonere

Banned
Losing to Neville infinity times in a row after getting himself over while injured, I guess fair enough.

Although I think most of the overness went away when he actually started wrestling.

Mahonay

Banned
Austin Aries had to know he was coming in as experienced talent to enhance other performers, he could've been CW Champion though if it weren't for Neville hitting the peak of his career.
I mean the entire CW division is handled pretty poorly.

I think we all know Ibushi made the right choice.

VEq7GmW.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Losing to Neville infinity times in a row after getting himself over while injured, I guess fair enough.

Although I think most of the overness went away when he actually started wrestling.

Yeah fans were super excited until he wrestled like a poor mans Miz basically.

somedevil

Rumor on why he left:

So Aries supposedly was upset at being "pigeonholed" as a cruiserweight

His girlfriend just got a contract with NXT. The thing is now its interesting where they go with the cruiserweights?

They have more than enough women to run a weekly show and then they could move cruiserweights to Raw/NXT.

Rumor on why he left:

His girlfriend just got a contract with NXT. The thing is now its interesting where they go with the cruiserweights?

They have more than enough women to run a weekly show and then they could move cruiserweights to Raw/NXT.

Makes sense Aries had no business being stuck on 205

Hasney

Guessing Aries felt he's better than his position. He's always had that chip on his shoulder where he feels he should be and is willing to take less money just to do better for himself.

Yeah fans were super excited until he wrestled like a poor mans Miz basically.

Lmao

Dude was never gonna be let out of 205 live despite being far and away the best person on it which is dumb. Everything he touched in his short WWE run was gold.

Also Aries is the kind of talent that can do better elsewhere. Which him the best.

Kaladin

So, looking into it, I wonder if his book had anything to do with Aries leaving WWE. He seems to have done this on his own and it's a memoir that talks about wrestling, but it also features on him being a vegan.

We know WWE doesn't really let people get book deals on their own. Could he have asked for a release to do his own book deal?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lol yeah ok

Thats basically what his matches were. They were terrible in the most blandest and safest ways possible. I mean its understandable given his injury and the WWE not wanting dumb shit to happen but the fans stopped giving a shit because his matches were not good. He'll do great stuff elsewhere but his WWE run was awful.

Thats basically what his matches were. They were terrible in the most blandest and safest ways possible. I mean its understandable given his injury and the WWE not wanting dumb shit to happen but the fans stopped giving a shit because his matches were not good. He'll do great stuff elsewhere but his WWE run was awful.

What

Heroman

Banned
His matches were good but argee that they were not up to his or nellive level.

Mahonay

Banned
The idiotic booking is the problem with the CW division.

It's fine if you don't like his ring work, it wasn't lighting the world on fire, but it's not even close to being the actual problem.

Hasney

You're actually insane. I would go so far as to say that Neville and Aries on the WM pre-show was the best pure wrestling match in that entire 7 hours.

To be honest, if it's what AA wanted, then ace. The cruiserweight division was a mistake.

Top Bottom