• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Kaladin

Yeah, the only thing that makes sense is Aries asking for his release. WWE wouldn't let go of one of their top CW unless this is the start of a mass culling of that division.

Yeah, the only thing that makes sense is Aries asking for his release. WWE wouldn't let go of one of their top CW unless this is the start of a mass culling of that division.

He probably asked, but the CW are not long for this world I think.

Aries is a jackass btw, thousands of people would kill for a Mania spot and payday but all he did was complain that it was the opener/not on the DVD

That Aries news came out of nowhere.

I could see maybe he was set to win the Cruiserweight belt but they changed it because of how much of a success heel Neville was.

Or maybe he was just annoyed at being stuck in the CW division.

I could see maybe he was set to win the Cruiserweight belt but they changed it because of how much of a success heel Neville was.

The matches were great but that feud made Aries look like such a chump.

H1PSTER

Wait... Aries is gone!?

It's sad that they misused him so much - sure Neville is great at what he does but Aries just has something about him.

Being British I'd much rather have Neville as champ though

austin-aries.gif

Might as well go back to ROH. And TNA doesn't have Dixie anymore, so there won't be any more awkward moments like

It's this. CW division sucks.
Unfortunate he got injured since he could have been kept down in NXT and maybe get a call up to the normal main roster since getting injured left him sidelined and then dropped into the 205 Live commentary team with the plan being he'd become a wrestler there when back.

He's never sucked.

No? He was a bit green in the CWC but he was never bad. Puts on some good matches without setting the world on fire

He definitely doesn't suck.

So he just sucks a bit? :p

Seen him loads of times in Preston and he always put a good match on I just always found his character work in ring really hammy and it would take you out of the match, if he's nailed that now then fair play to him

fhqwhgads

Really sad to see Aries go. Absolutely loved his matches with Neville and if the rumoured reason is true, then I can only hope it acts as a wake up call for them to stop treating the Crusierweights as some gated off side show attraction rather than treating them like any other wrestlers. There's so much fantastic talent and they're all stuck fighting each other week in and week out rather than getting a chance to shine against any of the big stars on the roster. I don't want to risk losing Mustafa Ali or Jack Gallagher before I get to see them take on some of the best talent the WWE has.

somedevil

It seems he asked for his release.

They just need to replace the cw show with a women's wrestling show.

H1PSTER

So he just sucks a bit? :p

Seen him loads of times in Preston and he always put a good match on I just always found his character work in ring really hammy and it would take you out of the match, if he's nailed that now then fair play to him

I found him quite charismatic in Progress... Loved (well cringed at) the bubblegum spot he used to do.

They're letting him out slightly in the CW but it's nowhere near close to what he can be like.

Kaladin

Apparently whatever happened was a few days ago as Aries was replaced by Cedric Alexander on the NYC house show tonight.

Mahonay

Banned
I wish the CWC never ended with introducing the Cruiserweight belt.

Also can we travel back and not have TJ Perkins win it?

somedevil

Why? So they can have fuck all to do, be told to do 87463728 chin locks and have the crowd look bored at them for an hour?

The tournament likely will be. If there was a spin off show, then I doubt it.

The problems with the CW was they didn't have enough talent and Vince won't allow them to work the correct style.

The women don't have to worry about forcing them to work WWE style and they have more than enough talent to do a show. They don't have the room to put all the talent on NXT.

I be fine if they tape the show at full sail and make weekly or biweekly.

Hasney

Glad you guys would be optimistic about a women's show. Think WWE just has me too beaten down where they can only serve me so much dogshit until I stop thinking "Hmmm, maybe it'll taste like chocolate this time!"

Kaladin

The problems with the CW was they didn't have enough talent and Vince won't allow them to work the correct style.

The women don't have to worry about forcing them to work WWE style and they have more than enough talent to do a show. They don't have the room to put all the talent on NXT.

I be fine if they tape the show at full sail and make weekly or biweekly.

I don't know if she's signed or not, but Toni Storm couldn't really do a lot of her stuff in the WWE style.

Top Bottom