• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Two... the good parts of the Full Sail Crowd seem to be gone, and replaced with terrible people. Many people were annoyed at them before for been too loud, but now many either seem bored, only pop for high moves, or will shout weird things not connected to the match. Aleister Black Vs Bobby Fish was a fantastic match this week, but no one really cared. Sections of the crowd shouting "SWEEEEEEET" after a ref count two kills me inside.

Oh my God. Is that what they've been chanting? I couldn't tell what it was. Truly awful. :x

Why you guys so into racists and/or domestic abusers?

HoganAustin_crop_north.jpg

Hasney

Not sure people in wrestling threads get to throw stones in that glass house of theirs, friend Zachery.

No, this is the one thing so carny that we can throw entire mountains at them. They may as well add CM Punk and make it a triple threat boxing match.

Yeah sounds like Austin can see a lot of $$$ ways to use Omega going by how revved up he gets talking about him.

He probably isn't wrong. The issue that would get in the way of that is Vince being deluded into thinking he creates stars and wanting "his creations and visions" being what gets over. He would try to take control and ruin everything, I think.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, this is the one thing so carny that we can throw entire mountains at them. They may as well add CM Punk and make it a triple threat boxing match.

One of the people in this boxing match literally fought Andre The Giant's son in WWE. Lets not pretend wrestling is any better than this.

CenaExclusive_CROPPED-750x340-1433015891.jpg

Hasney

One of the people in this boxing match literally fought Andre The Giant's son in WWE. Lets not pretend wrestling is any better than this.

CenaExclusive_CROPPED-750x340-1433015891.jpg

And if Big Show paraded around talking about what % of black he was in 2017 and pretended to have a shoot fight with him, I'd say the same shit.

NXT is good, they have got quality wrestlers back, and are giving them storylines that matter. Win and losses seem to matter too, and good feuds are getting built around them.

Sadly, too things are bad. One... other than Asuka, the women are not having a good time. Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are good, but they need more people in there. This should happen post Summerslam (when a few of the Mae Young Classic women get added to the roster), but that is quite a wait. The Women's match on this week's show was one of the worst I ever saw. It looked like mock wrestling.

Two... the good parts of the Full Sail Crowd seem to be gone, and replaced with terrible people. Many people were annoyed at them before for been too loud, but now many either seem bored, only pop for high moves, or will shout weird things not connected to the match. Aleister Black Vs Bobby Fish was a fantastic match this week, but no one really cared. Sections of the crowd shouting "SWEEEEEEET" after a ref count two kills me inside.

It is worth a watch again, and should get better over the course of the year as good talent is there and more is coming in.

This is all over the G1 US Special. It's so dumb, also the "ONE FALL" chant.

gun_haver

I dunno, Omega seems like just another wrestling goober to me. I don't mean that as an insult, I like plenty of wrestling goobers, but having good matches doesn't make you a megastar. His hair and name is goofy, he can talk fine but I don't detect much swagger about him. I'm not saying Omega couldn't become one, but I don't see what it is about him that makes people think so strongly that he could, either.

I dunno, Omega seems like just another wrestling goober to me. I don't mean that as an insult, I like plenty of wrestling goobers, but having good matches doesn't make you a megastar. His hair and name is goofy, he can talk fine but I don't detect much swagger about him. I'm not saying Omega couldn't become one, but I don't see what it is about him that makes people think so strongly that he could, either.

He's good on the mic
Charismatic
Can play up to any type match: He's done goofy ones, comedy ones, classic wrestling
He's technically sound in the ring

He pretty much has everything you'd want out of a wrestler to be a top 3 and lead a company.

I'm curious as to who you think is a better complete package than he is in the modern wrestling landscape?

He has charisma, cuts good promos and is one of the best active in ring workers.

And if he sticks around, he can serve that role as US champ, leading the expansion

They ain't giving him both G1 winner and a second belt (much less their biggest belt) too. Fans only hurting themselves with that fantasy

-- The reason WWE is booking a lot of multiple person matches is because it's easier for the writing team, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. The finishes can be gimmicked so nobody has to lose and from a writing perspective, the storylines don't have to be that strong as there is just a lack of story to make one-on-one matches. As a result, everyone sort of has heat with each other and they end up throwing them all into one match.

That's such trash reasoning.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao

apparently the Network randomly interrupted a PPV it was airing around 3:30 AM and legit streamed 10 minutes of BBC America's showing of a Star Trek TNG episode
This is the episode where they play Secret Hitler whole Picard is replaced by an evil clone.

You're blaming this entirely on the writers, but it's also a top down issue. There is no reason this should be happening beyond WWE being greedy and wanting every star under their brand.

I know. Upper management employing tons of people to do a job that gets thrown into the trash because an old man is on a power trip and thinks he is a genius is the real problem.

Just look at the quality of story telling in WWE compared to any other form of entertainment, even in wrestling NJPW, Progress, DDT (in their unique way), Stardom etc destroy them.

NXT is good, they have got quality wrestlers back, and are giving them storylines that matter. Win and losses seem to matter too, and good feuds are getting built around them.

Sadly, too things are bad. One... other than Asuka, the women are not having a good time. Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are good, but they need more people in there. This should happen post Summerslam (when a few of the Mae Young Classic women get added to the roster), but that is quite a wait. The Women's match on this week's show was one of the worst I ever saw. It looked like mock wrestling.

It is worth a watch again, and should get better over the course of the year as good talent is there and more is coming in.

I guess I'm too old for it at this point, but the crowds (anywhere) doing obnoxious shit during matches is really grating on my nerves.

I know it's fun to scream at the wrestlers. I know it's fun to be part of the group all chanting dumb stuff together. But this whole new "We're the show, the wrestlers are the background for our nonsense" shtick that goes on with indie wrestling now is just draining to me.

The last ROH I went to (it might have been House of Hardcore, I forget), the ENTIRE night, everyone chanted "TEN!" for anything involving a count. Punches in the corner, countouts, pins...all of it. I just can't handle it sometimes.

And none of this is anti-crowd participation, because a wound up/hot crowd absolutely adds to great wrestling. It's more just jerk crowds absolutely ruin good wrestling.

TheCool69

Neo Member
He's good on the mic
Charismatic
Can play up to any type match: He's done goofy ones, comedy ones, classic wrestling
He's technically sound in the ring

He pretty much has everything you'd want out of a wrestler to be a top 3 and lead a company.

But has he done Hardcore? He aint nothing until King Zandig has blessed him gift of blood

Top Bottom