• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Anth0ny

Don't do what I did and try to watch every show for your first run. Too hard, too fast. You'll want to stop watching all wrestling for awhile when it's done.

But the only way to Climax properly is by going too hard too fast.

G1 is gonna be fucking bonkers this year.

I might do that.

I started watching the undercard recently after watching only the main events for a couple of events but doing that for these shows seems too much.

It's a lot and honestly even just focusing on G1 matches can feel very overwhelming. Last year I focused on wrestlers I wanted to follow and recommendations from here.

DMczaf

Menome threw an illegal powdery substance into my eyes.

Don't worry, brother.

bret-hart-hulk-hogan.png

I'll take on Menome in your place and win the title and maybe give you a title shot or not duuuuuuude!!!

At this point the best ongoing storyline in WWE is the neverending streak of making workers/shooters who genuinely love the business not want anything to do with it after sucking the joy and life out of them

Unfiltered, Renee's other Network show, has also been cancelled

I'm starting to think they're mad about the Dean wedding

I saw an ad for it a few weeks back and thought "Oh cool, Renee is getting her own show" only for someone to tell me it has been running forever. I don't think they ever pushed it enough for it to be a big deal.

Also, wasn't the wedding months ago? theyre mad now?

Talking Shoot did so much to let people get themselves over.

Maybe they are upset about that.

Which is funny considering what Vince said on Stone Cold's podcast when they still hosting on the WWE Network.
Tell that to Renee https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/885970130764738561 Commented about it today, prior comments about the show post-December in interviews were "it's coming back at a date to be determined"
She should just leave the WWE.

She should just leave the WWE.

Pros: Wouldn't have to deal with Rusev/Lana treatment by continuing to stay, take their money, and telling them to fuck off

Cons: Risks Punk/AJ treatment (AJ was notoriously not treated well after Punk left, and it was a reason, albeit injuries being the biggest, why she later retired/left herself)

Pretty shocked they canned Talking Smack, would've been cheap as fuck to make. So much for variety.

The worst part about it is that it gave wrestlers who couldn't work with scripts or who were always given terrible material a chance to shine. On top of that the report between Renee and Bryan was great. It really couldn't have costed that much to produce, right?

shaowebb

Looking over the roster for 205 live...its not a bad roster. My god they have no idea what to do with these guys though. Tried to watch some of this and the writing is just ass. Crowd is dead. I dont think you can segregate this to a different show. You wanna get them fans? You're gonna have to do it the way others did...put them in front of an audience that came for a LOT of different folks and let them win over crowds that dont know to look for cruiserweights if they want flashy matches. They need to be a mid show booster for energy. I know they got the idea of "if they're not good actors for the story im telling put them in a new story of their own" but by god its just not working. They haven't got writers and no one is built up enough save for Neville, TJP, Tozawa and Aries with fans. TJP is pushing it honestly and I can see Tozawa goin stale if audiences aren't getting into shit sadly. Sucks because he's great.

Ugh...I miss the old PPV only xdivision hype from 2001 and the old 90s cruiserweight hype from the days of Mysterio, Juvi, Kidman, Malenko, Guerrero.

205 is gonna flop. Name bein shit did it no favors either. I honestly think it may hurt dudes careers to be put on that thing. Neville was way more over on the main show and Aries was way more over in NXT. Let em on the main shows again. This aint happening. How did they do the Cruiserweight Classic so well and fail so hard at this?

klonere

Banned
I've seen a bunch of cool spots from the MYC on Twitter from people I don't even follow.

Great fucking format WWE, it's like Dragon Gate but worse.

Top Bottom