• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Looking over the roster for 205 live...its not a bad roster. My god they have no idea what to do with these guys though?

205 live is a Smackdown or RAW with a roster nobody cares about that's put on after the show people paid to see. Ever go to a gig where the warm-up acts play last? The whole idea is that early comers might see something new that they like. It's fucking stupid. On top of that you have the fact it's booked no differently from the other shows.

Talking Smack was different and let their performers actually prove themselves in a way that they don't get to on the main shows. So cancel that shit! If it lost viewers then I'm guessing it happened after 205 debuted and when Bryan stopped being a regular.

I could almost imagine it's cancelled because it showed Bryan was a bigger draw than Shane. It's probably why it ended on a Shane episode.

Where? She's had one good match against Io and everyone has good matches with Io.

I haven't kept up too closely with the American indies for a couple of years but I thought she looked far more impressive than Candice at Shimmer 91. I've never seen Candice do impressive things outside of her inter-gender stuff which isn't ever happening in the WWE.

Then again a few years ago I would have said Rosa Negra was one of the most under rated females in the US indies and she's not in the MYC. So maybe my views on performers are way off the mark.

You know how they project Owens's face on to the ramp?

Prepare for the Rock's return:

Eug1lkk.jpg

Foggy

I'll have to see that match because my impression of her has always been that she has lots of potential, but is still quite green.

I'm quite surprised Jazzy Gabert is the most over woman night two. The crowd was on their feet every second she was in the ring during this tag match.

Foggy

Mae Young spoiler:

Alpha Female is very over to the crowd. How good is she?

She can be really good, has tons of experience, and obviously has a look/personality that is rare. I was shocked to see her bounced in the first round.
I'm guessing it's because she didn't sign and they think they have a "monster" in Shayna.

Fox318

Don't worry, brother.

bret-hart-hulk-hogan.png

I'll take on Menome in your place and win the title and maybe give you a title shot or not duuuuuuude!!!
I hate to say it but wrestling doesn't have much of this dumb carny shit like this anymore.

Usually it's just them being carny fucks in the real world.

To be fair, you could write a book on how many people fit that description.

Remember CM Punk on Impact?

Also I like that they're hiring talented women but what's the long game? They get decent time on SD (even though they've been pretty terrible in that they only do multi-women programs) and on RAW not only do they seemingly get less time than they do on SD but given how terrible their segments are you're glad that's the case.

Rocky Romero addressed his future in a Periscope video. Highlights:

Contract's up in January, still weighing options, ideally will stay in New Japan to help with US expansion
Wants to get back in PWG, do more indies, and specifically more singles matches
Riddle an opponent in mind
Would love to challenge for NEVER title, not ruling out another Jr run

Oh fuck

MYC
Semifinals: Shayna/Mercedes, Kairi/Toni

That's pretty great. I never expected Mercedes to go so far in the event, she's been one of my favourites since I started watched the US indies and has an amazingly intimidating look. Toni and Kairi will be amazing obviously.

Maybe it'd be a bit redundant, though it seems like there's a growing affinity to "monster" women but I thought they did sign Jazzy? On top of everything else (and carny stuff aside) she's got a great fucking look.

Oh fuck

MYC
Semifinals: Shayna/Mercedes, Kairi/Toni
Considering I think most of us expected Kairi/Toni as the final... Way they've booked Shayna is way too strong for her to win though I wonder where they're gonna go with the Mercedes story, looks to be another set up for Shayna to then for her fall to either Kairi or Toni. I'm still favoring Kairi, I think Shayna, regardless of how good she is, winning would come off as this tournament being used as a platform by WWE to fish for mainstream attention which I get but would at least in the short term hurt Shayna.

205 taping after Smackdown is the real issue. It wasn't a problem until they started doing that.
Taping before SD would help with the crowd if they really need to do the taping then. Otherwise chuck it with NXT or just tape it separate like the CWC.

Well this is not good:
Jeez hope they have some good recovery lined up for her :(

Rocky Romero addressed his future in a Periscope video. Highlights:

Contract's up in January, still weighing options, ideally will stay in New Japan to help with US expansion
Wants to get back in PWG, do more indies, and specifically more singles matches
Riddle an opponent in mind
Would love to challenge for NEVER title, not ruling out another Jr run

I could see him doing a big feud with Omega for the US belt, they're both super over in Japan so they can book big matches in Japan and the US for it.

10 Most Bizarre Cameos By Wrestlers On TV Shows:

Booker T and Scott Steiner on Charmed
Sting on Walker on Texas Ranger
The Undertaker on Poltergeist: The Legacy
Goldberg and Kevin Nash on Love Boat, The Next Wave
Roddy Piper on Robocop: The Series (Seph will love this)
HBK on Baywatch
Brutus Beefcake on Thunder in Paradise (because of course)
The Rock on Hanna Montana
Various WCW guys on Baywatch
3H on Pacific Blue*

* his character plays a bodyguard for some very bad people.

Jazzy's twitter is nonstop her retweeting people wanting her in the WWE. She thirstin bad.

TBH I thought she was already signed though I guess not. On top of everything she's just got a great fucking look and it seems like they've been keen on hiring more ugh, what word to use... Tall, 6ft+ women yeah, I'll just say tall women.

So yup... MYC semi-finals spoiler
Shayna beat Mercedes.

TBH I thought she was already signed though I guess not. On top of everything she's just got a great fucking look and it seems like they've been keen on hiring more ugh, what word to use... Tall, 6ft+ women yeah, I'll just say tall women.

So yup... MYC semi-finals spoiler
Shayna beat Mercedes.

Yesssss

Top Bottom