• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Heroman

Banned
they're both the faces of their company whether you like it or not
they're both the focus and others arent allowed to get more over than them
both their 'characters' are beyond stale
melzer loves giving both high star ratings

cody is nothing like roman. okada and roman are basically two sides of the same coin
But okada is over and Roman isn't

Mahonay

Banned
Talent getting a big chance at learning unscripted promos? Daniel Bryan burying our weekly episodic entertainment vehicle?
giphy.gif

GOD DAMN IT CANCEL THAT SHIT NOW

Mahonay

Banned
At this point, I'd say Roman is finally over. At the same time they stopped presenting insultingly stupid booking for him. Weird!

I wanna see what the ratings were like on Talking Smack episodes with Daniel Bryan and Talking Smack episodes with Shane. Shane being on it for several weeks in a row probably didn't help.

DMczaf

Floyd is about to work 5M+ people into paying $100+ again to watch him fight after pissing off the entire world years ago and swearing they would never watch boxing again.

Carny of the Century

I like Kenny's promo delivery but what's the point in bringing up booking than acting like G1 is a legit competition? Is it some commentary on Goldberg/Nash or something?

I just bought a fire stick as there's now a NJPW app.

Firestick sucks. But at least I don't have to cast my laptop to my telly anymore. Watching the last Lions Gate on it and it seems pretty smooth. Hopefully the live stuff works as well.

Booked monday off work so I can watch day one live. :)

Foggy

I like Kenny's promo delivery but what's the point in bringing up booking than acting like G1 is a legit competition? Is it some commentary on Goldberg/Nash or something?

He referred to the booker, but not really the booking. He definitely rides that line, but it's not unheard of for bookers/matchmakers/promoters to be disparaged in boxing, kickboxing, mma, etc.

At least he's not talking about "going over" and "doing the job" and shit like that.

Floyd is about to work 5M+ people into paying $100+ again to watch him fight after pissing off the entire world years ago and swearing they would never watch boxing again.

Carny of the Century

I have zero sympathy for people who continue to buy that schmucks events and then complain. People are so quick to forget his shitty past if it means even a chance of seeing him pummeled.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Braun is proof that Vince can still know what he's doing

It just doesn't seem like there's much else showing it

The thing is, Braun would have gotten this push regardless of whether he was good or not thanks to Vince's big sweaty men fetish. So credit goes to Braun for taking the ball and running with it.

The thing is, Braun would have gotten this push regardless of whether he was good or not thanks to Vince's big sweaty men fetish. So credit goes to Braun for taking the ball and running with it.

Yeah I'd give more credit to Braun than Vince. Think about all the other big men who have just sucked. Braun is an example of a wrestler doing the best with what they're given and making it work.

Imagine if this was Cass instead? It would have been a tremendous flop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He referred to the booker, but not really the booking. He definitely rides that line, but it's not unheard of for bookers/matchmakers/promoters to be disparaged in boxing, kickboxing, mma, etc.

At least he's not talking about "going over" and "doing the job" and shit like that.

he's not?

Syder

Braun is like the first Vince-pushed big man in history to actually try to get better, and for that, I respect him.

Fox318

Could yaw imagine a WWE produce g1 press conference?

Everyone looking away from the camera
Only Heels get camera time.
Everyone forced to put over Stephanie McMahon.
JBL asks questions as a reporter type figure.
HHH has an opening statement that things have never been better in the WWE.
They announce twice the number of matches and video content as NJPW.
Matches are all under 5 minutes but feature horrific bumps.
Every match is a ref distraction or countout except for Roman matches.
The word tournament is banned and replaced with "Entertainment Showcase Contest"

Top Bottom