• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Fox318

xU32LPW.jpg
https://youtu.be/Jq_GDQj53IQ

It is funny. I am sure the NJPW show was real fun live but it is something about ROH production and camera work and mic work that makes all their shows seems so bland and boring. If they ran the exact same show in Japan, I have no doubt that it would have looked and "felt" better. And we've seen this time and time again. The same match in PWG is 100 times better than that exact match in ROH.

Fox318

I'm starting to wonder if America can ever recover from this moment in time. It's like the country itself got on a 3-day bender and ended up killing a guy with a Sedan.
This is essentially the end goal of the southern strategy and Fox News.

The nation is fractured and frankly I don't see a way to repair a divide that encourages xenophobia.

Off topic, but I was looking into resubbing to Spotify, then saw that google was offering a 4 month free sub to Google Play Music/YouTube Red. Anyone have experience with Google Music?

Egg0

Banned
Caught up on the stuff I missed last night. My favorite matches were Omega/Elgin, Naito/Ishii and surprisingly Juice/ZSJ.

And yea I noticed the production problems people were talking about. Before the Naito/Ishii match, Ishii's entrance started up before it turned into Naito's entrance. When Naito's walking down the ramp the ramp camera had a smudge on it and it made it look like Naito had a perpetual vape cloud around his head. Also weird mic issues during Omega/Elgin.

I didn't bother to watch the beginning of Okada/Cody... bleh

Beefy

Caught up on the stuff I missed last night. My favorite matches were Omega/Elgin, Naito/Ishii and surprisingly Juice/ZSJ.

And yea I noticed the production problems people were talking about. Before the Naito/Ishii match, Ishii's entrance started up before it turned into Naito's entrance. When Naito's walking down the ramp the ramp camera had a smudge on it and it made it look like Naito had a perpetual vape cloud around his head. Also weird mic issues during Omega/Elgin.

I didn't bother to watch the beginning of Okada/Cody... bleh

Omega/Elgin was average for me. ishii/GOD and the first match. The production is the worse I have ever seen.

Egg0

Banned
Omega/Elgin was average for me. ishii/GOD and the first match. The production is the worse I have ever seen.

Actually yea GOD/War Marchines was pretty good too. Omega and Elgin have had better matches before, but I thought it was solid.

Also I caught a glimps of the tag match with Ace/Ass. The 30 seconds I saw of Billy Gunn and Tana together leads me to believe it'll be worse than I thought it would be.

His hand fighting, head placmemnt, and quickness on the ground is essentially good catch wrestling.

Cody was never taught that. He was taught how to put on a show, be an entertainer in the WWE system.

Wow. This makes sense. So this means that Cody can't adapt?

[
place Evolution joke here
]

So since we know that TNA is becoming GFW, doesn't that mean that we know Lashley is losing?

Del Rio holding 2 world titles has been predictable since that match was announced, honestly. He wasn't going there unless he was getting a massive push, and this is definitely a massive push.

Also smh at RBH doing all that work and still skipping over the best part, which is The Commentary Return of Don Fucking West

RBH

My father, Herbert Meltzer, passed away this morning in his sleep at the age of 90.

I wrote some about him in the Friday daily update.

He was married for 66 years and he and my mother first met when both were teenagers. He told me that he lived a wonderful life, got to travel to almost everywhere in the world except Antarctica and was able to do pretty much everything he wanted to do. He lived a long life, appeared to be healthy until two weeks ago although obviously he was not but told me that he was never in pain. He was fully sharp and cognizant until the last few days. My family was exceptionally lucky to have him as long as we did and my brother and I, and my children were even luckier to have such a wonderful, brilliant and honest person as a father, grandfather and a role model.

He was diagnosed two weeks ago with pancreatic cancer and passed away due to kidney failure. He was still going to plays as late as Saturday, before he was taken to the hospital on Sunday and then put into hospice care after leaving the hospital on Thursday morning.

I would like to thank Kyle Klingman and Gerald Brisco at the Tragos/Thesz Hall of Fame last year, and especially Charlie Thesz for how wonderful they treated my parents, and Larry Matysik for his role in setting that up, because that meant a lot to them last year.

Thanks everyone for your support during this trying time.
http://www.f4wonline.com/news/herbe...-238461?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Off topic, but I was looking into resubbing to Spotify, then saw that google was offering a 4 month free sub to Google Play Music/YouTube Red. Anyone have experience with Google Music?

I used to be subscribed for the longest time for Google music. It's good. Slightly smaller library and I miss the spotify exclusive stuff. U do also get YouTube red which eliminates adds and let's u save vids on your phone for offline viewing. Worth a try

I switched over because the computer client is just a web page and it was missing several tracks for artists I was listening to

In the space of 12 hours the world has seen Roseanne tweet about NJPW and the President of the United States of America use a photoshop wrestling scene. WRESTLING IS POPULAR! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!

And it's been pointed out that the image is flipped, so his shoddy Photoshop was done with a gif from an illegal copy of the show.

Top Bottom