• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Of course Vince cancelled it.

He was blatantly going to eventually cannibalise SD in an effort to improve Raw.

If Vince hates SmackDown so much, why not shut down that show out right? Obviously he pays more attention to Raw.

Was Smackdown even his idea in the first place? It seems like if an idea for his company didn't come directly from him, then that idea sucks.

The unscripted nature of the show ultimately played a role in its removal.

What is wrong with this fucking company.

People getting antsy that the talent are more talented than their C tier team of writers or an old, lunatic?

Syder

If Vince hates SmackDown so much, why not shut down that show out right? Obviously he pays more attention to Raw.

Was Smackdown even his idea in the first place? It seems like if an idea for his company didn't come directly from him, then that idea sucks.
SmackDown wasn't getting enough ratings on USA in it's pre-recorded format.

It also makes sense with the bloated roster.

The unscripted nature of the show ultimately played a role in its removal.

What is wrong with this fucking company.

People getting antsy that the talent are more talented than their C tier team of writers or an old, lunatic?

Ultimately, the problem is Vince. As lot of stuff happens, some point out that it's "management decisions", which as of now because of the cancelation of Talking Smack, a lot of fans wanted to know what was up. The whole thing with WWE management is a smokescreen.

Now we know the reason why it's because of the head of the company who refuses to let his company run to a certain degree of autonomy, who knows what else he'll do.

Expect to see a lot more of "Raw being boring" form this community. I fully support your smarkiness.

It doesn't surprise me that Vince has that "I have to have that complete control" mindset. I personally worked with a person who had that.

If the reason why he canceled it because it was unscripted, it's obviously because Vince wanted more control over what the talent says; like he usually tells what the commentators should say during matches.

It will only hurt his product in the long term.

Heroman

Banned

Cause he makes money from Smackdown, can't say the same for talking smack

The only thing that gets me about the argument that TS got cancelled because of the shooting is that the show hadn't generated a good shoot in a long time.

I think the ratings just likely took a massive hard to ignore drop when Shane was in Bryan's place.

Talking Smack is why they moved Miz to Raw too huh....wouldn't surprise me one bit...

I've said for (at least what feels like) a year he's succeeding despite WWE

Anybody else feuds with Dean or any other midcarder4life almost nonstop from November on and it sinks them.

Dude pours his heart out into every dumb segment and script he's given, gets people invested in shitty direct-to-video studio movies you'd otherwise never even consider watching once, and the only time even he hasn't been able to overcome the odds was the stupid face run where he fucked up the figure four. But we all know the real reason he's kept around is none of that, but instead because he won't ever complain about any of the godawful material.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Damn Bailey just kicked the crap out of Austin Aeries. If she was booked like this in real life she'd be a superstar.

Mahonay

Banned
I'll reiterate what I posted earlier
Talent getting a big chance at learning unscripted promos? Daniel Bryan burying our weekly episodic entertainment vehicle?
giphy.gif

GOD DAMN IT CANCEL THAT SHIT NOW

Would this be the 4th or 5th straight SD-only PPV that didn't sell out? Genuinely have lost count at this point

DE0pX5HXkAAiOCg.jpg

@IVPvideos
Was playing around for Battleground tickets. Don't think I have ever seen section one row one available a week before.

Yep lolllllllll this thing definitely isn't selling out if you can still get front row tickets on the official page a week away from the show

Pikma

Banned
Vince wants people to become a fan of their brand, not a fan of any of the talent, except for you know the two guys they 100% created and know they wouldn't leave the company no matter what, so it makes sense he doesn't like when guys and girls do things to get over by themselves.

And HHH and Stephanie are exactly the same, which is why things will never improve. Garbage company, garbage product, now then forever.

Foggy

Big match Hash has been given some weird booking, but in a year's span she's beaten Meiko Satomura, Aja Kong, and Hiroyo Matsumoto in title matches. Not half bad.

pnz1wYu.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Attractive girl I've known since I was 3 thats way into Overwatch casually mentioning she's in the middle of a divorce in one of her posts got me in that messenger like
tumblr_opwt3ghSCA1s05wxzo1_400.gif

ROH did well with Takahashi.

CMLL did that. ROH had nothing to do with Takahashi beyond putting him in some shitty tag matches

At my local fed's big summer show in the front row

Just saw Dalton Castle.

Picked up a sweet Game of Thrones Dalton Tee.

He's sitting all gorgeous on the Iron throne but instead of being made of Iron swords it's made of peackcock feathers.

And underneath it says Dalton Castle in the GoT font.

It's awesome

Sinatar

The finals of my 32 man tourney ended up being Goldberg vs. Jushin Thunder Liger. Jushin squashed the fuck out of Goldberg, some poor guy in my chat got very upset at that lol.

Time to change the face on your avatar.

Absolutely when I get home.

He was really sweet. When I said hello he lovingly touchrd my face, signed my ticket, posed for a picture and then whe I embarrassingly asked if I could a hug him. He politely and understandably said he doesn't hug but then said I'll touch your face and lovingly touched my face again. It was really sweet.

He's super awesome

Absolutely when I get home.

He was really sweet. When I said hello he lovingly touchrd my face, signed my ticket, posed for a picture and then whe I embarrassingly asked if I could a hug him. He politely and understandably said he doesn't hug but then said I'll touch your face and lovingly touched my face again. It was really sweet.

He's super awesome

Great weekend for you. You went to NXT too right (or was that someone else in here)?

Great weekend for you. You went to NXT too right (or was that someone else in here)?

Yep that was me too. NXT was mindblowingly good. Some Takeover opening match quality matches.

Man Dalton greeted folks from intermission till after the show. I got to thank him again for coming. What a guy.

Tonight's show was siiick for like 40$ I was front row for a wedding, Nicole Matthews defending the fed's main title against Christina Von Eerie in a crazy brawl, Cat Power losing he company's Womens title to an awesome NWA throwback character, Dalton Castle, a 10 man royal rumble and a 4 way ladder match.

I fucking love wrestling guys.

Hex

Banned
Yep that was me too. NXT was mindblowingly good. Some Takeover opening match quality matches.

Man Dalton greeted folks from intermission till after the show. I got to thank him again for coming. What a guy.

Tonight's show was siiick for like 40$ I was front row for a wedding, Nicole Matthews defending the fed's main title against Christina Von Eerie in a crazy brawl, Cat Power lose the company's Womens title to an awesome NWA throwback character, Dalton Castle, a 10 man royal rumble and a 4 way ladder match.

I fucking love wrestling guys.

That is what it is all about

Oh and I forgot to mention the NWA throwback that won the Women's title is a dude.

Which works so well in this company where women wrestle men all the time, where women are one half of the tag champs and the company's main champion.

My only criticism is one guy here has a Trump supporter Pepe Alt right attite gimmick and I think it is beneath his talented. Dude is a jacked mofo who can do standing shooting star presses. He's better than this cheap heat gimmick and they sell MAGA hats and Trump stickers now and that's kinda fucked up. That said he's a clear heel and he doesn't incorporate any of it in his promos so ehhh it's gross but not fuck this company gross. It's just a shame.

Sinatar

NewLegacy are streaming the old TNA game. How does a nearly 10 year old game from a z tier promotion look so much better then modern WWE games?

Now that I think about it, Yukes and WWE are perfect for one another.

Also one of my fav local guys was working the merch booth at the end so I got to thank him for his work and high five him... then he convinced me to buy his shirt lmao. No regrets though, I had already been considering it and the dude is awesome. It's good to support the local boys.

But he knows a mark when he sees one XD

Top Bottom