• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Oh and I forgot to mention the NWA throwback that won the Women's title is a dude.

Which works so well in this company where women wrestle men all the time, where women are one half of the tag champs and the company's main champion.

My only criticism is one guy here has a Trump supporter Pepe Alt right attite gimmick and I think it is beneath his talented. Dude is a jacked mofo who can do standing shooting star presses. He's better than this cheap heat gimmick and they sell MAGA hats and Trump stickers now and that's kinda fucked up. That said he's a clear heel and he doesn't incorporate any of it in his promos so ehhh it's gross but not fuck this company gross. It's just a shame.

That show sounds incredible! Also, is that guy Brian Cage? Sounds like him. He's pretty great on Lucha Underground (pretty much where I know him from).

Also, HI WRASSLEGAF. It's been a while..

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE? OHNO

That show sounds incredible! Also, is that guy Brian Cage? Sounds like him. He's pretty great on Lucha Underground (pretty much where I know him from).

Also, HI WRASSLEGAF. It's been a while..

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE? OHNO

Nah he's a local guy Air Adonis now just Adonis.

Great wrestler.

It was a great show. In true wrestling tradition the groom (he's a heel) got thrown through the wedding cake and the table underneath at the end of the ceremony XD

Nah he's a local guy Air Adonis now just Adonis.

Great wrestler.

Ah gotcha! Yeah, not sure if Cage actually does the Trump supporter gimmick in the US or not, or if it's only on AAA/in Mexico.

I should probably do a Fav Five as it's been a long time.... but I'm heading to sleep so it'll have to wait until the morning! SUSPENSE

ANOTHER EDIT: And I just realized you may not even live/have gone to a show in the US. I just assumed you were from the US. I apologize!

Ah gotcha! Yeah, not sure if Cage actually does the Trump supporter gimmick in the US or not, or if it's only on AAA/in Mexico.

I should probably do a Fav Five as it's been a long time.... but I'm heading to sleep so it'll have to wait until the morning! SUSPENSE

ANOTHER EDIT: And I just realized you may not even live/have gone to a show in the US. I just assumed you were from the US. I apologize!

Heh nope Canadian in Vancouver XD

Adree

Oh and I forgot to mention the NWA throwback that won the Women's title is a dude.

Which works so well in this company where women wrestle men all the time, where women are one half of the tag champs and the company's main champion.

My only criticism is one guy here has a Trump supporter Pepe Alt right attite gimmick and I think it is beneath his talented. Dude is a jacked mofo who can do standing shooting star presses. He's better than this cheap heat gimmick and they sell MAGA hats and Trump stickers now and that's kinda fucked up. That said he's a clear heel and he doesn't incorporate any of it in his promos so ehhh it's gross but not fuck this company gross. It's just a shame.

I think it's ok to be a shitty MAGA character in a world where we have cheap heat foreign heels but selling merch with MAGA on it is a line I wouldn't cross.

alOkGcA.jpg

Advice for Seph for dealing with his girlfriend.

And for those with bad relationships:

I think it's ok to be a shitty MAGA character in a world where we have cheap heat foreign heels but selling merch with MAGA on it is a line I wouldn't cross.

Yeah I wouldn't either. I guess you could argue that the people who want that shit will buy it anyway so it's better that the money is helping some indy wrestling company rather than funding actual hate mongers but I still think it's fucked up and wish they didn't do it. First time they've done it so hopefully it's also the last.

This is the Dalton Castle shirt I got. I think it is my fav tee in my collection

Ld5ZR1o.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
rough night for a nitro rewatch... instantly hit with chris and nancy walking down the aisle together smiling at each other in a "last night on starrcade" clip

Raw64life

lol @ everyone assuming Talking Smack was cancelled because Vince finally got around to watching it being 100% correct.

GFW is going to make the same mistake with Naomichi Marufuji.

I bet when he showed up he had no idea their ring was 6 sides and probably also had no clue what the Grand Championship is or how the matches work (to be fair, I don't watch so I don't really know either).

I finally caught a little of the AAA UK TV show while channel flipping earlier

When I say a little, I mean I had to turn it off after a minute. Jesus. It's Alex bloody Shane (because of course it is) and the other dude he always commentates with doing their 2000 King and JR Butlins tribute act. Gems like "[Pentagon] is the grumpiest luchador I've ever seen, more like El Grumpero"

I found a Chinese poem for everyone.

處世若大夢, Life in the world is but a big dream;
胡爲勞其生. I will not spoil it by any labour or care.
所以終日醉, so saying, I was drunk all the day,
頹然臥前楹. lying helpless at the porch in front of my door.

覺來盼庭前, when I awoke, I blinked at the garden-lawn;
一鳥花間鳴. a lonely bird was singing amid the flowers.
借問此何時, I asked myself, had the day been wet or fine?
春風語流鶯. the Spring wind was telling the mango-bird.

感之欲嘆息, moved by its song I soon began to sigh,
對酒還自傾. and, as wine was there, I filled my own cup.
浩歌待明月, wildly singing I waited for the moon to rise;
曲盡已忘情. when my song was over, all my senses had gone.

F**k you Vince for cancelling Talking Smack, the one f**king show from your dumb ass company I still enjoyed, the one show that let the talent be themselves and just entertain. And you're all, PEOPLE LIKE IT? SHUT IT DOWN! ALL OF IT!

:|

I had a dream last night that I had gotten a new job as a food service worker in a hospital. One of the first things I did was explain to my trainer who Joey Ryan is and described his gimmick..

It's been a long time, and I don't watch the wrassles nearly as much as I used to.. but HERE WE GO

CURRENT FAV FIVE:
Johnny Mundo
Prince Puma/Ricochet
Mil Muertes
Asuka
Cesaro

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Shinsuke Nakamura
Pentagon Jr
Brian Cage
Samoa Joe
Tyler Breeze
Goldust
Drago
Angelico
Neville
Jack Gallagher
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Rusev
Hell, I could probably throw on most of Lucha Underground's roster on here

Need to see more of but will assuredly love:
Aleister Black
Kota Ibushi
Kenny Omega
Will Ospreay
Nearly all of the NJPW guys

I'm very behind on NXT (didn't even watch the last Takeover), haven't seen any of the new Lucha Undergrounds since the season three break, and haven't watched any main roster WWE in quite some time. I'm not sure if I've seen ANY events from this year.
Pretty excited about the Mae Young tournament, though, definitely

Ziggler and Brodus Clay are also pals with Fox News.

Fuckwits.

The bloke who called up on WOL the other day sounding all indignant about Cass having heat for being a Trump supporter with his "wait, so he has heat for supporting the leader of the free world?" shit was an obnoxiously shit cunt too.

brodus clay also felt up or made lewd comments about betty gilpin while on the set of GLOW apparently.

I heard something along those lines too. He seems like complete scum.

Top Bottom