• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Egg0

Banned
What other tag team is even on Smackdown that have not been cleared or has something going on at Battleground?

Are they bringing back The Headbangers?

Who could the other team in this scenario even be? Ascension have already been ruled out. Usos and New Day are busy. Hype Bros have seemingly been ruled out.

Unless they are planning on breaking them up, which would be dumb. Won't put it past them though.

RBH

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/ecw-2006/2006/6/11/ecw-one-night-stand-2006

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Only 15 minutes for this match, after the entrances and the 6 commercial breaks we should get about 10 seconds of AJ wrestling before some fuckery ends this early.

EDIT: Or we could skip the entrances. Alright then.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Nakamura's entrance should always be interrupted

mrboo001

Banned
Only 15 minutes for this match, after the entrances and the 6 commercial breaks we should get about 10 seconds of AJ wrestling before some fuckery ends this early.

Honestly? In theory, I don't mind fuckery on TV: you aren't suppose to give away everything, because then why watch the PPV/event? But this is WWE so they'll run it into the ground no matter what so, ehhh...

Is AJ Styles the perfect wrestler ever in WWE?
He can pull off both high flying and power moves, sells like a champ, makes other's look good, cuts good promos and can be a great heel and an over Babyface.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
They had an entertaining 4 minutes where GAF was swearing Finn wasn't hurt by the guitar, despite my clearly pointing out the bloody towel

I don't know how. It was clear as day that the guitar wasn't gimmicked properly (or at all), maybe it was their first time seeing a guitar shot.

EDIT: I'll give WWE this, they've at least stopped booking Naks as some jobber who gets the shit kicked out of him before making a sudden comeback. He actually gets some offense in now.

Syder

Is AJ Styles the perfect wrestler ever in WWE?
He can pull off both high flying and power moves, sells like a champ, makes other's look good, cuts good promos and can be a great heel and an over Babyface.
I shat all over the AJ/Shane feud in the lead-up to Mania [and while I still wish he'd been given something better to work with], it was legit one of the most entertaining matches on a WrestleMania card years. He might be a racist dick but he's one of the most skilled in-ring talents ever.

In-ring quality is great, that isn't WWE's problem. The storylines are garbage.

A Finn v Drifter feud is not an incentive for people to watch.
I mean, not every feud is gonna drive people to it, they all don't need to. It has been entertaining and it helps the Drifter get a higher profile by feuding with Finn.

Egg0

Banned
For the longest time I thought KO's finisher was called "Papa Powerbomb."

It made sense since he was all about being a dad >_>

So Battleground winners based on today's results:

AJ
Nakamura
Cena
Charlotte
Randy

Didn't watch Kofi vs Uso match, so whoever came on top is losing on Sunday.

I feel damned for saying this...but WWE has come close to ruining Nakamura for me

I listened to JR and Austin talking about Nak and I kind of agree with them. I really liked his match with Zayn but everything else has been meh. His position as another guy on SD takes away his mystique and giving him overly scripted promos makes everything he says seem jarringly robotic.

The match with Ziggler was bad and made him look like a fucking geek too.

i hope whoever he gets for summerslam is talented enough that nakamura can bust out a great match against them because i worry he's just gonna be doing bare effort on the main roster

Top Bottom