• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what are the must see matches so far in the G1?

I rewatched Mulholland Dr. instead of SD. Which is the second time I have watched it in the last couple of weeks. I think it is my favorite movie of all time.

I rewatched Mulholland Dr. instead of SD. Which is the second time I have watched it in the last couple of weeks. I think it is my favorite movie of all time.
I watched that and Blue Velvet for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed both

I need to see FWWM which I'm sure I'll dig. I've read mixed things about Lost Highway and Inland Empire

Honestly I think I dig season 3 more than the previous two, but I need to see the rest before making that call

I watched The Life Aquatic on Netflix instead of SD. Good film, wish they had The Royal Tenenbaums up on there.

The Royal Tenenbaums is another favorite. Great movie. I still haven't seen The Life Aquatic but it has been recommend to me a lot of times.

I watched that and Blue Velvet for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed both

I need to see FWWM which I'm sure I'll dig. I've read mixed things about Lost Highway and Inland Empire

Honestly I think I dig season 3 more than the previous two, but I need to see the rest before making that call

You should really like FWWM. I think it leads into Season 3 pretty perfectly. It adds a lot of information that enhances season 3 as well (electricity, garmonbozia etc).

Lost Highway and Inland Empire are fairly inaccessible and can be frustrating for a lot of people. I think it depends on how readily you can enjoy an ambiguous experience in and of itself.

Zach

I should watch it again. It's a great movie.

Watch all of the Lynch movies. Heck, even crappy Dune. Why not?

I watched Nitro instead of SD

The best choice. But it better not be via paid WWE Network subscription!

You should really like FWWM. I think it leads into Season 3 pretty perfectly. It adds a lot of information that enhances season 3 as well (electricity, garmonbozia etc).

Lost Highway and Inland Empire are fairly inaccessible and can be frustrating for a lot of people. I think it depends on how readily you can enjoy an ambiguous experience in and of itself.
I can dig the ambiguity as long as there's intrigue to it. What I tend to like about Lynch's style is that even if a scene seems like complete bullshit on the surface there's still the sense that what you're seeing is super important

Watch all of the Lynch movies. Heck, even crappy Dune. Why not?
I just might, Zach

Cagey

Banned
Huh. Bennett was in better shape in his earlier ROH days. Weird.

He kinda looks like a mix of Curt Hawkins and Enzo. Get back on the gas bro.

I've needed to watch NOTLD for a long time. Had a hankering for some older horror since a certain Twin Peaks episode this season, saw it was on Prime for free, and then Romero passed :(

Saw Dawn for the first time in a theater at a marathon....last year I think? I dug it, wasn't what I expected at all. I guess I always assumed it would be a trashy zombie movie because of it's legacy but there's a lot of art to it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Naito v Ibushi

I'd rate it 1.5 out of 5 to be honest, I really wasn't impressed...

1.5 out of 5 in keeping your fucking necks safe jesus christ please dont die guys :(

Side note but does anyone actually watch NJPW with english comentaries? Why would you do that to yourself, this japanese commentators are the hypest shit ever, I honestly think the matches wouldnt be the same without them going fucking nuts on the mics for crazy spots.

Beefy

V8Sfx0k.jpg
🤔

Toki767

Naito v Ibushi

I'd rate it 1.5 out of 5 to be honest, I really wasn't impressed...

1.5 out of 5 in keeping your fucking necks safe jesus christ please dont die guys :(

Side note but does anyone actually watch NJPW with english comentaries? Why would you do that to yourself, this japanese commentators are the hypest shit ever, I honestly think the matches wouldnt be the same without them going fucking nuts on the mics for crazy spots.

Don Callis sucks on commentary.

Anth0ny

as i've said countless times, I know better than the meltz

meltzer thought shibata's injury was a work

senile vince is worse than the people in charge of 2000 wcw. raw is doing worse ratings than 2000 thunder!

Syder

I watch with English commentary, or I just watch them on mute. New Japan don't need commentators.

Watch New Blood Rising and get back to me.

Jarrett not ending a PPV as a world champ was a smarter booking decision than a months-long text message angle leading to Kurt having an illegitimate mixed-race son

Sting winning a squash in any year was a smarter decision than whatever the fuck Bayley This Is Your Life was ever supposed to be or lead up to

Ernest Miller beating Great Muta clean was a smarter decision than World Champ Jinder Mahal

Judy Bagwell on a Forklift, while being stupider than Cena beating Rusev yet again (this time Flag Match edition!), was less insulting than 205 Live outliving Talking Smack

Muta having two matches in one night, losing one and winning one, winning the tag title in the process, was a less egregious use of 50/50 booking than Cesaro and Sheamus both tying a Best of 7 Series AND tying a 2 out of 3 falls match

Anth0ny

The Death of WWE book is going to be full of waaaaaaaaaaay more stupid shit than the Death of WCW book.

They made Jinder fucking Mahal the champion.

They pushed a guy as the biggest babyface for like 4 fucking years despite the crowd completely shitting on him show after show and ratings plummeting.

Bayley This Is Your Life

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Death of WWE book is going to be full of waaaaaaaaaaay more stupid shit than the Death of WCW book.

They made Jinder fucking Mahal the champion.

They pushed a guy as the biggest babyface for like 4 fucking years despite the crowd completely shitting on him show after show and ratings plummeting.

Bayley This Is Your Life

I'm not sure if there's any way out of actually having to co-main event SummerSlam with Jinder Mahal as the WWE Champion. Unless Orton takes the title back and randomly feuds with the 0 people who are presented as being anywhere near his level. Like I guess Corbin could cash-in and then Orton could go with Corbin, but Corbin's marginally better than Mahal is.

The Raw main-event is going to have Samoa Joe/Brock Lesnar/Braun Strowman/Roman Reigns. Basically the entirety of people worth watching on the brand.

The SmackDown main-event is going to have Jinder Mahal in it.

Top Bottom