• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Jarrett not ending a PPV as a world champ was a smarter booking decision than a months-long text message angle leading to Kurt having an illegitimate mixed-race son maybe

Sting winning a squash in any year was a smarter decision than whatever the fuck Bayley This Is Your Life was ever supposed to be or lead up to Do you really believe this, or are you trolling Zach?

Ernest Miller beating Great Muta clean was a smarter decision than World Champ Jinder Mahal maybe

Judy Bagwell on a Forklift, while being stupider than Cena beating Rusev yet again (this time Flag Match edition!), was less insulting than 205 Live outliving Talking Smack How many people watched New Blood Rising compared to Talking Smack?

Muta having two matches in one night, losing one and winning one, winning the tag title in the process, was a less egregious use of 50/50 booking than Cesaro and Sheamus both tying a Best of 7 Series AND tying a 2 out of 3 falls match No. Just no.
How about a fake worked miscarriage angle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8roYBtzNrI (next night on Nitro opened with them audibly telling each other to fuck off about 15 times)

Anth0ny

NJPW World has about 12k or subscribers outside of Japan

Your anecdotes aren't statistical

give it time, excel-san.

no one could have ever imagined new japan/bucks merch showing up at every hot topic store in north america. yet here we are.

just wait til mark cuban goes all in on new japan.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
give it time, excel-san.

no one could have ever imagined new japan/bucks merch showing up at every hot topic store in north america. yet here we are.

just wait til mark cuban goes all in on new japan.

I haven't been to a Hot Topic in 10 years. I don't expect to walk out of there in NJPW gear; I expect to walk out of there looking like Euron Greyjoy.

WGW Tag Team Tryout Match
DMczaf/RBH vs Bolo Yeung/JCVD

MMA Special Attraction Bout
Beefy vs Sea Creature

WGW Big Gold Championship Tourney
Tom Nook
Sweeney Tom
MrLARIATO
Data West
Jamie OD
Sinatar
tm24
Not Zach (one night only agreement)
Kornflayx (one night only agreement)
Sephzilla (special GWF/WGW cross promotion)
blackaroni
Mr. E
BewareTheBatsie
Mystery Entrant
TBD
TBD

I will prolly start working on the wrestlers this weekend.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How long do you think it will take before they run out of ideas and randomly start a Sami/KO feud again?

WGW Tag Team Tryout Match
DMczaf/RBH vs Bolo Yeung/JCVD

MMA Special Attraction Bout
Beefy vs Sea Creature

WGW Big Gold Championship Tourney
Tom Nook
Sweeney Tom
MrLARIATO
Data West
Jamie OD
Sinatar
tm24
Not Zach (one night only agreement)
Kornflayx (one night only agreement)
Sephzilla (special GWF/WGW cross promotion)
blackaroni
Mr. E
BewareTheBatsie
Mystery Entrant
TBD
TBD

I will prolly start working on the wrestlers this weekend.

Thank you FallingEdge *clap clap clapclapclap*

Pikma

Banned
Jarrett not ending a PPV as a world champ was a smarter booking decision than a months-long text message angle leading to Kurt having an illegitimate mixed-race son

Sting winning a squash in any year was a smarter decision than whatever the fuck Bayley This Is Your Life was ever supposed to be or lead up to

Ernest Miller beating Great Muta clean was a smarter decision than World Champ Jinder Mahal

Judy Bagwell on a Forklift, while being stupider than Cena beating Rusev yet again (this time Flag Match edition!), was less insulting than 205 Live outliving Talking Smack

Muta having two matches in one night, losing one and winning one, winning the tag title in the process, was a less egregious use of 50/50 booking than Cesaro and Sheamus both tying a Best of 7 Series AND tying a 2 out of 3 falls match
Why are you so invested in this? I know it sounds outrageous to even think about but you could always, you know, stop watching.

Angry Grimace

Why are you so invested in this? I know it sounds outrageous to even think about but you could always, you know, stop watching.

Because he wants it to be good and it could be good if they didn't book like morons, e.g. Vince stopped being in charge.

Angry Grimace

Arguing that WWE is worse now than WCW in 2000 is the epitome of absurdity
I mean, I agree, but I can understand the frustration with the fact they're not paying off their insane collection of talent.

I mean, I agree, but I can understand the frustration with the fact they're not paying off an insane collection of talent.

I mean the solution is of course to stop watching and invest in stuff you like... Move on until you think it is good again, if it gets good again.

And like almost every main event except Reigns vs Taker and Owens/Goldberg has been excellent this year.

WWE actually has had a bunch of really strong main events.

Angry Grimace

I mean the solution is of course to stop watching and invest in stuff you like... Move on until you think it is good again, if it gets good again.

And like almost every main event except Reigns vs Taker and Owens/Goldberg has been excellent this year.

WWE actually has had a bunch of really strong main events.

I don't think its bad though, its just not living up to its potential.

I personally still enjoy watching wrestling, even WWE. Wrestling fans bitch a lot, you kind of have to figure out how to cut through some of that.

You know, a few days ago, Falling Edge and a few others (rightfully) grilled me for speculative bullshit and this thread is overrun with it right now. Can we narrow in on complimenting / complaining about things we can at least quantify? This hashtag meme and filling in the blanks to draw a slippery slope is just bad entertainment? I don't get how any of this is fun or interesting to some of you.

I don't think its bad though, its just not living up to its potential.

I personally still enjoy watching wrestling, even WWE. Wrestling fans bitch a lot, you kind of have to figure out how to cut through some of that.

I meant for those who do think it's bad, who do just say nothing but negative things and don't seem to enjoy it at all, for those who actually cheer for the 5 years thing. Those folks should absolutely just stop watching it.

Pikma

Banned
Because he wants it to be good and it could be good if they didn't book like morons, e.g. Vince stopped being in charge.
I find it difficult to believe people in here who watch/follow that garbage weekly haven't realized yet that it is simply not happening. It's infinitely better to move onto something you actually enjoy instead but to each his own, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also the thing about the original is all 4 of the main characters are likeable

I dont remember anyone from DOTD other than blonde lady and cop

Syder

We are working our own Lynchian masterpiece here.
3i46H18.png

Angry Grimace

I meant for those who do think it's bad, who do just say nothing but negative things and don't seem to enjoy it at all, for those who actually cheer for the 5 years thing. Those folks should absolutely just stop watching it.

I don't even know what the 5 years thing is supposed to be.

I don't know why people watch something they don't like. It's kind of stupid. I dunno, I really enjoy some of the stuff they've done in recent years; e.g. NXT in general, and particularly giving the female wrestlers actual storylines for the fans to care about and actual matches that are given more than 4 minutes. Like, the difference between WM31 and WM32 on the female wrestlers is kind of insane. WM31 had a 6 minute tag match for no actual reason. WM32 had a 16 minute triple threat for the title that was the best match on the card.

I find it difficult to believe people in here who watch/follow that garbage weekly haven't realized yet that it is simply not happening. It's infinitely better to move onto something you actually enjoy instead but to each his own, I guess.

It's not that I think Vince doesn't understand the payoffs people want, I think its that he legitimately believes paying stuff off all the time is a bad idea for some reason.

I don't even know what the 5 years thing is supposed to be.

I don't know why people watch something they don't like. It's kind of stupid. I dunno, I really enjoy some of the stuff they've done in recent years; e.g. NXT in general, and particularly giving the female wrestlers actual storylines for the fans to care about and actual matches that are given more than 4 minutes. Like, the difference between WM31 and WM32 on the female wrestlers is kind of insane. WM31 had a 6 minute tag match for no actual reason. WM32 had a 16 minute triple threat for the title that was the best match on the card.

Me neither

And I agree so much.

Angry Grimace

But yeah, it seems like people should just stick to NJPW if that's what they want to watch. I mean, I dunno, I know NJPW is not for me. I rather enjoy the carny silliness and I don't think just watching people have really good fake fights is what I want out of wrestling.

But yeah, it seems like people should just stick to NJPW if that's what they want to watch. I mean, I dunno, I know NJPW is not for me. I rather enjoy the carny silliness and I don't think just watching people have really good fake fights is what I want out of wrestling.

Totes fair.

NJPW actually allows me to enjoy WWE more because I get my workrate from them and my stupid carny bullshit from WWE XD

ANd I get a bit of both live every month from my Indy company.

Recall

The reason anyone tunes in and watches something they say they no longer like is the hope that this is the time where it is good again. The potential and possibility is there, we've all seen it, so maybe this time, one time is where they strike gold again.

You want the best because deep down you do care, no matter how much you tell your peers otherwise.

The reason anyone tunes in and watches something they say they no longer like is the hope that this is the time where it is good again. The potential and possibility is there, we've all seen it, so maybe this time, one time is where they strike gold again.

You want the best because deep down you do care, no matter how much you tell your peers otherwise.

There is definitely a hate watch contingent here

Angry Grimace

I mean, I understand that, but pretty much every show they run has its moments. The Angle payoff was lame, but I thought the stuff with Strowman, Joe and Reigns has been really strong, particularly Joe and Strowman making total stars out of themselves.

Top Bottom