• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Khrno

Cena sells merch. Cena puts people in seats. he is the absolute most popular figure in all wrestling. he is basically paying CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's salary because no one else is stepping up to save wwe.

As if it was up to Cena or anyone else but Vince.

w5NOM.gif

So I missed the end of the June thread but here's to another month of Daniel Bryan maybe winning the belt just to lose it to Cena the next week!

Can't wait.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm perfectly okay with Bryan winning and holding the belt for only a week or two untill Raw 1000. Why not? It's better then not winning it at all.

Esp. if it would mean an ongoing main event feud with Cena and a heel-pairing with AJ.

Also, Bryan - Cena would at least be fresh compared to Punk - Cena. Plus the latter would be yet another face vs face feud.

They could pair Dean Ambrose with AJ, right? I can't be the only one who thinks that could work, although maybe it's just because I'd like to see him go straight in with Punk and Bryan.

So when do we expect Sheamus to actually drop his title? I go into every ppv thinking he'll retain since his feuds have awful builds.

Doesn't help that SD has no strong looking heels to take the belt off him, I wonder what the actual plan for this month is, they already did the triple threat on SD, are we finally drawing ever closer to the long planned but unwanted Sheamus/Del Rio match?

Striker

Doesn't help that SD has no strong looking heels to take the belt off him, I wonder what the actual plan for this month is, they already did the triple threat on SD, are we finally drawing ever closer to the long planned but unwanted Sheamus/Del Rio match?
There's really no strong heels left at the moment because Vince loves pushing heels up only to have guys like Cena squash them down again. Look how hard they flopped on Barrett, Sheamus (as a heel), Del Rio, etc. Henry was going strong for a while but injury took him out. Bryan could be argued as a tweener, although he is truthfully supposed to be a heel.

The only main event caliber faces/heels right now are Cena, Sheamus, Bryan, and Punk. The rest have been booked poorly because of Vince and they get situations like these.

Skip has been here like 30 seconds and is already getting that NWA push while I bust my hump bringing B+ level snark up in this thread every Monday night AND FOR WHAT? To amuse Soul with an occasional Kane quip? To introduce Santino by KObra?

=(
Excuse me! I SAID EXCUSE ME! I've been lingering around here for months, MONTHS! I just don't post all that much. Hopefully will have plenty to talk about now with our podcast and people's reaction.

We have an actual website and are working on getting the first episode on there and into an iTunes feed, but if you want to listen now, here you go:

Rematch Clause - Episode 001

Please let me know if you have any comments about the show format, suggestions for segments or theme songs (we're currently planning to just have a rotating intro theme of different wrestler's intro songs), or any technical issues. Many thanks to all who listen.

EDIT: Found two fuck ups I made during the cast already lol. See if you can spot them!

This match was awesome;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1QNgnhiQA

I wasn't watching wrestling at this time, so I totally missed out on this match - Randy's selling and facial expressions were really good throughout, Foley could still go, they have a bunch of great spots without it becoming overkill and they do an awesome job of making the Intercontinental Title seem important.

ibcX15MtzcQf80.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This match was awesome;

I wasn't watching wrestling at this time, so I totally missed out on this match - Randy's selling and facial expressions were really good throughout, Foley could still go, they have a bunch of great spots without it becoming overkill and they do an awesome job of making the Intercontinental Title seem important.
That match made Orton's entire career. Not the Undertaker feud. Not the HHH feud. I imagine that's a big reason why Mr. H's supposedly doesn't like Mick

eldoon

I liked angelinas storyline with winter but that turned to crap.
they should of had her somehow break the curse and beat her up on a ppv
instead it was just dropped.

DKehoe

That match made Orton's entire career. Not the Undertaker feud. Not the HHH feud. I imagine that's a big reason why Mr. H's supposedly doesn't like Mick

I think a big part of it is people crediting Mick with "making" HHH whereas he feels he did it on his own.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This match was awesome;

While it is a great match, it was overkill in my opinion due to how much shit Orton took in that match while being extremely young. I guess in a way it was a sort of hazing, but it's foolish of him to have his body on the line like that.

Great match though, and the IC title was important. :)

thefro

I think a big part of it is people crediting Mick with "making" HHH whereas he feels he did it on his own.

Pretty much... HHH wasn't over at all until the first feud with Foley (and they tried absolutely *everything* with him) and he didn't get over as a legit main eventer until he "retired" Foley in early 2000.

jmdajr

Pretty much... HHH wasn't over at all until the first feud with Foley (and they tried absolutely *everything* with him) and he didn't get over as a legit main eventer until he "retired" Foley in early 2000.

His IC ladder match was the Rock was awesome though!

While it is a great match, it was overkill in my opinion due to how much shit Orton took in that match while being extremely young. I guess in a way it was a sort of hazing, but it's foolish of him to have his body on the line like that.

Yeah, he took a few nasty unprotected shots with the trashcan, and either he was selling really well, or he had zero idea how much the thumbtacks would actually hurt.

Also, the ref counting a thumbtack into his hand made me laugh - pro-tip; deathmatch refs wear gloves.

Skiptastic said:
Excuse me! I SAID EXCUSE ME! I've been lingering around here for months, MONTHS! I just don't post all that much. Hopefully will have plenty to talk about now with our podcast and people's reaction.

We have an actual website and are working on getting the first episode on there and into an iTunes feed, but if you want to listen now, here you go:

This was pretty good for a first show, great job - although you should try to keep it around 45 minutes in the future, as it started to drag a little towards the end.

This was pretty good for a first show, great job - although you should try to keep it around 45 minutes in the future, as it started to drag a little towards the end.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! We are looking to keep it shorter in the future. We planned on it being no more than 45 this time but the intros took us longer than planned.

Muffin

Neo Member

Please let me know if you have any comments about the show format, suggestions for segments or theme songs (we're currently planning to just have a rotating intro theme of different wrestler's intro songs), or any technical issues. Many thanks to all who listen.

EDIT: Found two fuck ups I made during the cast already lol. See if you can spot them!

Digging this. You all have great voices to listen to and you've got that calm banter pacing I can listen to! Am on board.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! We are looking to keep it shorter in the future. We planned on it being no more than 45 this time but the intros took us longer than planned.

It was very enjoyable listen. You kept it nice and orderly, which is nice as some of these multiple people podcasts can get a bit of a shouting contest at times.

Hope it's on iTunes soon, I'll add to my ever expanding list of stuff to listen at at work.

Digging this. You all have great voices to listen to and you've got that calm banter pacing I can listen to! Am on board.

It was very enjoyable listen. You kept it nice and orderly, which is nice as some of these multiple people podcasts can get a bit of a shouting contest at times.

Hope it's on iTunes soon, I'll add to my ever expanding list of stuff to listen at at work.

Thanks! I'll get the host to put it on iTunes ASAP. We were trying to keep the file size down so we didn't have to spring for the "advanced" user on Podbean, but no go without killing audio quality, so we just signed up for the more premium version last night. He should be getting it up today and we'll put it on iTunes soon thereafter. He's done that for our previous podcasts before so it shouldn't take too long.

DKehoe

His IC ladder match was the Rock was awesome though!

Story relating to that which I heard on Observer Radio: that match was meant to be HHH breaking out into being a main eventer and the next big star. After the match Meltzer was talking to Heyman who said "well, looks like we know who the next big star will really be then" in reference to The Rock, not HHH.

somedevil

I will post this rumor, but the supposed legend that might be on Raw today is
self high five himself DDP.
Though he could also be on tuesday live smackdown instead.

Wrekt

I would listen to a weekly podcast that summarizes the activity in the thread.

AJ gif
Kane gif
Bryan gif
AJ gif
AJ gif
Bryan gif
Kane jpg
AJ jpg
Actual post about wrestling that gets completely ignored
AJ gif
Bryan gif
Sometimes I think this thread is on repeat
Kane jpg
AJ gif

krae_man

I can't wait for Brock Lesner to drop his lawsuits so he can job to HHH at Summerslam. In the first 6 months Brock will have been back, he'll have wrestled twice and jobbed both times. $2.5m well spent.

jmdajr

Actual post about wrestling that gets completely ignored

That's too bad really. To be fair I often don't reply to any posts dealing with indy/japan wrestling because I am just not familiar with it.

But sure, even legitimate WWE/TNA posts get ignored.

UberTag

I can't wait for Brock Lesner to drop his lawsuits so he can job to HHH at Summerslam. In the first 6 months Brock will have been back, he'll have wrestled twice and jobbed both times. $2.5m well spent.
The important thing is that he'll make up-and-comers like John Cena and Triple H look credible by providing them with legit competition. Fans will have to take these guys seriously now that they've bested the former UFC world champion.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's not that bad. Just look at this page, two gifs and two regular pictures, the rest is discussion about wrestling or about the wrestling podcast.

Both GIF's being sorta topical, esp. the second one and the first picture being a picture promoting Raw tonight.

Aiii

So not worth it
The important thing is that he'll make up-and-comers like John Cena and Triple H look credible by providing them with legit competition. Fans will have to take these guys seriously now that they've bested the former UFC world champion.

Fantasy booking here, but what if the SummerSlam match is about giving heyman control of the company. Could be that they book Lesnar to win and have Heyman be the GM untill Survivor Series where either Vince or Trips wins back control.

Just fantasy booking here, but who knows, as long as Trips team wins in the end he's not too scared to lose a match here and there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fantasy booking here, but what if the SummerSlam match is about giving heyman control of the company. Could be that they book Lesnar to win and have Heyman be the GM untill Survivor Series where either Vince or Trips wins back control.

Just fantasy booking here, but who knows, as long as Trips team wins in the end he's not too scared to lose a match here and there.

Man Aiii, I wish I had as much faith as you did. I wish I could. I...

*covers bruises*

I've been abused

UberTag

Nobody with a brain cares about Heyman being given meaningless on-screen authority over WWE programming. They care about Heyman being given booking authority and Vince being locked in Linda's campaign headquarters under orders not to watch or interfere with WWE programming for a year.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I'm always amazed at how far you're willing to go with your predictions, lol.

tm24

Spoilers for tonight's possible returning Raw superstar

Dallas Page is teasing on his Twitter account that he will be on Raw tonight. I heard from someone who told me that work at American Airlines and that Page was on flight 3355 that landed in Laredo earlier today.

Via PWI

I hate Sheamus more than Cena at this point.

He might be able to put on a better match but when the result is seriously more of a foregone conclusion than todays f**king Cena, I'm fast-forwarding your shit quicker than Santino on the screen.

Ugh.

Its a shameful thing lobster head when you realise you'd rather see Cena waffle on about nothing in a promo than see one more smiling one sentence insult then invincible kick to the head.

I've been ripping my wrestling DVD collection and thought I'd go back and watch the very first ROH show from 2002 - the first official match sees an 18 year old Jay Briscoe against Amazing Red, and I forgot just how amazing 2002-era Red was, it's like his body was made of rubber. Jay's still kind of green at this point, and hasn't really developed his move-set, but he proves to be a good counter to Red's high-flying style.

iOWz0yf6pcEhX.gif
io9E9k9Pr2RWH.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Amazing Red had to be one of the most wasted talents out there. The guy could do so much but just wasn't given a real opportunity.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Spoilers for tonight's possible returning Raw superstar

Dallas Page is teasing on his Twitter account that he will be on Raw tonight. I heard from someone who told me that work at American Airlines and that Page was on flight 3355 that landed in Laredo earlier today.

Via PWI

It's me, it's me, it's DDP.

That's not a bad thing. That's a good thing.

God, his WWE run was horrid.

Top Bottom