• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Amazing Red had to be one of the most wasted talents out there. The guy could do so much but just wasn't given a real opportunity.

I think he suffered from a lack of personality, but was such a good high-flyer it didn't really matter, it's just such a shame that his knee injuries ate almost two years of his career, and he was never quite as amazing when he returned. Apparently he wrestled a WWE dark match last month, so hopefully if they ever do that Cruiserweight show, they give Red a call.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think he suffered from a lack of personality, but was such a good high-flyer it didn't really matter, it's just such a shame that his knee injuries ate almost two years of his career, and he was never quite as amazing when he returned. Apparently he wrestled a WWE dark match last month, so hopefully if they ever do that Cruiserweight show, they give Red a call.
I totally forgot about that cruiserweight show. I really hope the guy gets a chance, as he deserves it so badly.

G-Fex

So besides Chris Benoit coming back tonight, I wonder what the boring old main event will be.

I'm thinking Sheamus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got stupid, poked around tvtropes to find this...

"For a period in late '96, Ultimo Dragon defended the J-Crown, a collection of cruiserweight/light heavyweight championships from various promotions unified into one collective (and cumbersome) title. At Starrcade '96, he defeated Dean Malenko and added the WCW Cruiserweight championship to the J-Crown in the only time the J-Crown collection was seen on American television. What makes this so hilarious? One of the titles that made up the J-Crown was the WWF Light Heavyweight championship *, meaning that Ultimo Dragon was a legitimate WWF championship titleholder and was legitimately defending that title on a WCW pay-per-view, and neither organization realized it until months later. "

"For a period in late '96, Ultimo Dragon defended the J-Crown, a collection of cruiserweight/light heavyweight championships from various promotions unified into one collective (and cumbersome) title. At Starrcade '96, he defeated Dean Malenko and added the WCW Cruiserweight championship to the J-Crown in the only time the J-Crown collection was seen on American television. What makes this so hilarious? One of the titles that made up the J-Crown was the WWF Light Heavyweight championship *, meaning that Ultimo Dragon was a legitimate WWF championship titleholder and was legitimately defending that title on a WCW pay-per-view, and neither organization realized it until months later. "

Haha, if I remember correctly WWF legitimately had no idea the belt was even in Japan - they'd given the Mexican UWA the right to create a WWF branded belt that would be brought into WWF at a later date, but in late 1996 Aero Flash lost the belt to Great Sasuke at a Michinoku Pro show and it wound up as part of the J-Crown.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Are there any photos of him holding both?

G-Fex

There's one important championship they can't put on a J crown belt.

The John Cena championship! The only one that matters!

tm24

Thats actually wrong, since the wwf light heavyweight title wasnt an official wwf title til taka won it in the tourney to crown the first champ. The title had been around for about 25 years and was used in a mexican organization called universal wrestling association who Wwe ha a relationship with. After that ended, it went to New Japan

Are there any photos of him holding both?

Here's Sasuke & Ultimo with the J-Crown's;

iI4WGCjWYvfCD.jpg

iimIqEuKnID80.jpg

Ouch, ROH has had to cancel their July 28th & 29th shows in the Carolinas due to "circumstances beyond our control", but actually due to poor ticket sales. Also, ROH apparently have no plans to return to the market, which was one of the new markets the TV show reached in the Sinclair deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch, ROH has had to cancel their July 28th & 29th shows in the Carolinas due to "circumstances beyond our control", but actually due to poor ticket sales. Also, ROH apparently have no plans to return to the market, which was one of the new markets the TV show reached in the Sinclair deal.

That's a serious bummer. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope Kidd will be on Raw tonight. he deserves to showcase his skills a bit more so the crowd can get behind him at MITB.

somedevil

I hope Kidd will be on Raw tonight. he deserves to showcase his skills a bit more so the crowd can get behind him at MITB.

Here is what they are advertising for Raw which features Tyson Kidd.

* Does AJ Lee hold any motivation going into the WWE Title match at Money in the Bank?

* More on the WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Will more names be announced?

* Tyson Kidd pushes for more competition after qualifying for the World Heavyweight Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match

* Who will be the next WWE Legend to return and face Heath Slater?

Here is what they are advertising for Raw which features Tyson Kidd.

* Does AJ Lee hold any motivation going into the WWE Title match at Money in the Bank?

* More on the WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Will more names be announced?

* Tyson Kidd pushes for more competition after qualifying for the World Heavyweight Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match

* Who will be the next WWE Legend to return and face Heath Slater?

So odds are that like I thought they will add more wrestlers to that match, Rey and Orton surely once they get off their suspensions (assuming Orton is off in time and not heavily reprimanded....heh Orton actually getting punished, hilarious!).

somedevil

So odds are that like I thought they will add more wrestlers to that match, Rey and Orton surely once they get off their suspensions (assuming Orton is off in time and not heavily reprimanded....heh Orton actually getting punished, hilarious!).

Orton is still suspended and will miss the 1000 episode. Rey is ready and his suspension is over so he is the only one that can fit on the Raw one.

edit: Forgot about the miz.

For the smackdown one they have 4 more spots available.

Striker

Orton is still suspended and will miss the 1000 episode. Rey is ready and his suspension is over so he is the only one that can fit on the Raw one.

edit: Forgot about the miz.

When is the Barrett Barrage coming back?

Pretty sure Orton will miss mitb. Rey and Miz seem the likely candidates.
I forgot about Ice Cold.

Oh well, Orton wouldv'e slotted in nicely. And I think it's just three more spots for Smackdown unless they are going with 9 men.
I expect Rhodes will whine his way in, Ziggler perhaps, depends on what they are planning to do with his Sheamus on the side stuff, Kofi is a likely candidate for a spot.
This assumes that the brand doesn't matter too much here which it may well do, then again Tensei.

When looking through the WWE Money in the Bank info on their website I came across the ultimate challenge, to type in the names of all previous MITB participants within the time limit, for my accomplishment of this task I am apparently considered a true master of the WWE universe with a "never say quit" attitude, so effectively i'm now John Cena.
Bet the kids will never complete this task, RVD and Kennedy would be too old school for them and that makes me sad.

abundant

I expect Rhodes will whine his way in, Ziggler perhaps, depends on what they are planning to do with his Sheamus on the side stuff, Kofi is a likely candidate for a spot. This assumes that the brand doesn't matter too much here which it may well do, then again Tensei.

The brand doesn't matter. Santino and Tensai are already in and Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, and David Otunga had qualifying matches.

Top Bottom