• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know SoulPlaya? they say that since last week you've changed and most of Wrasslegaf would say for the better, but quite frankly the playa I need to lead this thread isn't one that talks about your other sports, not the one that carefully skirts around Kane mentions.
Dammit, you know what I need? you know who I need? I NEED THE OLD SOUL PLAYA! The Soul Playa who's a Kane praising, foul art posting S.O.B!

Actually I don't need any of this, I just wanted to remind us all of this promo. It's amazing how much they changed Austin for this heel role, he gradually lost that heel mean streak after the Taker feud and then became some mildly comedic ass kisser, i'm not sure how I feel about that, amusing as it was.
*Shakes head, no*

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be leaving the bar this upcoming Monday, and I'll get in my piackup truck, drive back to WrassleGAF, and start whoopin' ass.

"IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD SOUL PLAYA!!!"

Prepare yourselves, WrassleGAF!!!

RBH

I mean the mere fact that after crapping on TNA since I got on GAF shows how bad WWE is getting, but I've watched like 30 minutes and I'm like "this is drastically different from WWE how?"

The AJ/Daniels storyline is definitely awful, but TNA overall has been better than the WWE over the past few months because they've been trying to simplify things down to the basics. Titles actually have some significance, the BFG Series is giving multiple wrestlers something important to aim for over the span of a few months rather than a few weeks, mid-card wrestlers are given time to have their own storylines and angles on a week-to-week basis, and they've placed some emphasis on showcasing different divisions (the X-Division and the Knockouts divisions) that have been afterthoughts in the WWE for awhile now. It's certainly by no means perfect, but I find Impact more watchable and less redundant from start to finish than Raw has been.

Kccitystar

It's the wrestling. The in-ring action is generally better than what we get in the WWE. That's the only reason I watch. The booking and writing is subpar. I mean, Vince Russo still works for the company ffs. The guy is a bad soap opera writer...really bad. PEACE.

Russo hasn't been a part of TNA in a long time. What we're seeing, and I'd love to believe it, is just remnants of Russo's storylines and not something shitty that Prichard and Lagana came up with.

somedevil

Another Update from Meltzer about Kharma:

I don't want to say anything, because it's WWE and they change their minds if stuff gets out. But she was to be released tomorrow, and they're pissed somebody screwed up and it got out a day early.

So I wonder after someone screwed up that they might not release her now.

Sokantish

I remember last year most people hated the BFG series, maybe that's because someone they liked was at the bottom of the points though...

Kaladin

The AJ/Daniels storyline is definitely awful, but TNA overall has been better than the WWE over the past few months because they've been trying to simplify things down to the basics. Titles actually have some significance, the BFG Series is giving multiple wrestlers something important to aim for over the span of a few months rather than a few weeks, mid-card wrestlers are given time to have their own storylines and angles on a week-to-week basis, and they've placed some emphasis on showcasing different divisions (the X-Division and the Knockouts divisions) that have been afterthoughts in the WWE for awhile now. It's certainly by no means perfect, but I find Impact more watchable and less redundant from start to finish than Raw has been.

This.....I actually look forward to watching all of Impact when I get home tonight, vs looking forward to hitting FF through Raw and being done with it in 15 minutes.

Kaladin

Russo hasn't been a part of TNA in a long time. What we're seeing, and I'd love to believe it, is just remnants of Russo's storylines and not something shitty that Prichard and Lagana came up with.

I think the AJ/Daniels/Claire storyline is a a product of Bishoff and Hogan. Especially after Hogan had the brainstorm idea of having fans follow wrestlers everywhere with cameras, filming everything they do. This AJ/Claire storyline sounds like it came out of Hogan and Bishoff's mind after thinking about what that might dig up.

BadAss2961

I mean the mere fact that after crapping on TNA since I got on GAF shows how bad WWE is getting, but I've watched like 30 minutes and I'm like "this is drastically different from WWE how?"
If you keep up, you might notice how much better the wrestling itself is. Wrestlers are a lot less restricted, and actually perform with some heart. Plus midcarders actually get storylines, and there's actually a sense of competition to the product. Take the BFG series for example, and compare it to a gimmick like MITB.

Then the angles don't have to get PG'd.

somedevil

Wait, they really released her? Well, their fucking loss. Let her go back to TNA and Kong it up again.

She left TNA in bad terms I thought. Also, she is supposed to be released tommorrow but it was leaked early so they could change there minds.

Also, Aries slam on Punk with the quotation marks on being champion.

WatTsu

I think I picked a bad time to start watching this particular episode. Aries/Roode promo was cool. Brooke Hogan is a black hole of charisma and I'm not seeing anything about her that is redeemable or defensible as an on-air performer. Always glad to see Gail Kim though.

I'm definitely thinking I'd like a house show, though, since they could just let people wrestle without trying to have storylines involving Earl Hebner.

It's really dumb for TNA to be running this terrible AJ Styles angle while the WWE is running their terrible AJ/Punk/Bryan angle. TNA should be doing as much as then can to differentiate themselves from the WWE's crap.

Pretty much everything else has been solid though. Bully Ray/Joseph Park continues to be really entertaining, and Bobby Roode's meltdown was fun.

Top Bottom