• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Alucard

Banned
That long camera crawl up Hemme's legs.......damn.

T6w4Q.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"Stephanie said when Raw moves to three hours, they are looking at filling up the third hour with fans creating "touts" that will be put on the show. She also wants fans to send "touts" to arena events as well as the web site. She said she wants them to be relevant to the storylines and make sense."

Die devil woman, die!!!

So this tout shit is like twitter, in that you have a limited space to get your message across, but it's with fucking videos? Yeah, that's what I want to see; not more wrestling, but the WWE Universes™ opinions on the other two hours of RAW! AWESOME!

"Looking at?"

So they're increasing the length of the show by 50% without having a definitive idea as to what they'll do?

Why is Stephanie head of creative again?

He had a match, but the crowd just chanted "Jesus!" for the most part. I was a pretty big fan of him in the indies, but feel he's completely neutered and boring from what I've seen of his WWE run.

Ugh. That's too bad. I haven't caught many of his FCW matches, but what I saw I still liked.

Hopefully they aren't punishing him for his chub.

"Stephanie said when Raw moves to three hours, they are looking at filling up the third hour with fans creating "touts" that will be put on the show. She also wants fans to send "touts" to arena events as well as the web site. She said she wants them to be relevant to the storylines and make sense."

Die devil woman, die!!!

So this tout shit is like twitter, in that you have a limited space to get your message across, but it's with fucking videos? Yeah, that's what I want to see; not more wrestling, but the WWE Universes™ opinions on the other two hours of RAW! AWESOME!

Sounds interesting. It'll be nice to see more fan interaction. Can't wait till the 23rd.

bangai-o

Banned
the majority of the posts are from new registered members. so its kinda forced. they could all be from the same guy with a bunch of hotmails even.

tm24

Lol at WWE's twitter obsession

TMZ.com reported tonight that Charlie Sheen is shutting down his Twitter account.
Considering WWE is heavily promoting that Sheen will be the Raw 1000 social media ambassador and will be commenting on Raw all night - a deal made to bring new eyeballs and awareness to the company via Sheen's seven million plus followers, this is the last thing they want to have to deal with.

The TMZ.com report noted that Sheen could shut the account anytime.

DMczaf

TMZ.com reported tonight that Charlie Sheen is shutting down his Twitter account.
Considering WWE is heavily promoting that Sheen will be the Raw 1000 social media ambassador and will be commenting on Raw all night - a deal made to bring new eyeballs and awareness to the company via Sheen's seven million plus followers, this is the last thing they want to have to deal with.

twitter? lol, that's so 2012.

tout is the new hotness.

Anth0ny

WWE has announced that Justin Bieber will be the new Raw 1000 social media ambassador and will be commenting on Raw all night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys notice how Roode and Aries had a conflict over THE TITLE? and how attention was given to THE TITLE rather than certain other things/people

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You guys notice how Roode and Aries had a conflict over THE TITLE? and how attention was given to THE TITLE rather than certain other things/people

That's so old. How many times has it been "I want title" "No title is mine"? WWE understands something something something. You guys should stop being smarks and accept the crap McMahon puts on TV directly into your mouths.

WORD LIFE

bangai-o

Banned
ive alwas wondered what happens when a wrestler has the belt. they get treasure? it seems like it just makes going to work eveyday harder with everyone always challenging you. that happened to me whe i made first chair percussion one semester. i got challenged everyday. screw that.

BadAss2961

But who cares about a title when you can have high school drama with your ex-friend and a little girl while another guy main events without one?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Eh, it's entertainment, but it's not wrestling. At least through all the crap with AJ and Daniels you get epic matches.
It's wrestling.

The "entertainment" is half of what pro wrestling is. I'm just amazed at how quickly much of WrassleGAF has turned on it. Before, it was simply great, now all I hear is that "it sucks in many ways, but hey it works", and now, a program with Bryan and Punk just isn't wrestling.

Shows you just how fast something can go from amazing to garbage in the WWE. In many ways, I actually agree with you guys, lol.

Striker

The focus isn't about the two guys, or the belt, its on an unknown Diva who has poor mic skills and only trait to her WWE existence is skipping around the ring and kissing everybody.

But it's sucked for quite a while. Too long for me to even care.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The focus isn't about the two guys, or the belt, its on an unknown Diva who has poor mic skills and only trait to her WWE existence is skipping around the ring and kissing everybody.

But it's sucked for quite a while. Too long for me to even care.
Poor mic skills?

Please.

It's wrestling.

The "entertainment" is half of what pro wrestling is. I'm just amazed at how quickly much of WrassleGAF has turned on it. Before, it was simply great, now all I hear is that "it sucks in many ways, but hey it works", and now, a program with Bryan and Punk just isn't wrestling.

Shows you just how fast something can go from amazing to garbage in the WWE. In many ways, I actually agree with you guys, lol.

Anyone who called this angle "great" at any point in its lifespan is crazier than Christian trying to get his slaves through customs. CM Punk should not be involved in it as WWE Champ, Daniel Bryan has done nothing but get pinned, Kane just up and left because they didn't feel like using him anymore (and apparently turned face), AJ is making both of them look like idiots, and I don't even care about the match at MITB now. It went to a whole 'nother level of terrible on Monday as they went on....and on.....and on about nothing, then AJ makes them look like idiots AGAIN.

So one more time I point to how Cena would've handled it: Character assassinate AJ in the first 2 weeks of the angle, then onward and upward to squashing more jobbers. That's how you get someone over.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone who called this angle "great" at any point in its lifespan is crazier than Christian trying to get his slaves through customs. CM Punk should not be involved in it as WWE Champ, Daniel Bryan has done nothing but get pinned, Kane just up and left because they didn't feel like using him anymore (and apparently turned face), AJ is making both of them look like idiots, and I don't even care about the match anymore. It went to a whole 'nother level of terrible on Monday as they went on....and on.....and on about nothing, then AJ makes them look like idiots AGAIN.

So one more time I point to how Cena would've handled it: Character assassinate AJ in the first 2 weeks of the angle, then onward and upward to squashing more jobbers. That's how you get someone over.
Yeah, and I never noticed it until the last few weeks. This angle has done an amazing job of putting AJ over, but it's made Bryan, and especially Punk look like absolute idiots.

Your all acting like Punk, AJ or bryan matter. Punks gonna job to Cena. Bryan and Aj will be sent back to Smackdown. Bryan will be jobbing to Shaemus again and will be then turned midcard. Aj will ocassionally get an appearance but ultimately do nothing. Bryan will die an old man never too have won the WWE title and CM Punk will be known as the 10 PM Champion. But more importantly CM Punk might get a 7-11 Collectors Cup this year! YES!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Your all acting like Punk, AJ or bryan matter. Punks gonna job to Cena. Bryan and Aj will be sent back to Smackdown. Bryan will be jobbing to Shaemus again and will be then turned midcard. Aj will ocassionally get an appearance but ultimately do nothing. Bryan will die an old man never too have won the WWE title and CM Punk will be known as the 10 PM Champion. But more importantly CM Punk might get a 7-11 Collectors Cup this year! YES!
Dude, in the WWE these days, I'm sure Bryan will end up as like a seven time WWE Champion, but no one will ever remember any of his reigns.

BadAss2961

It's wrestling.

I can agree with that. I'm all for a good storyline just like anyone else, but WWE is nearly all entertainment these days instead of half. Entertainment and a side of safe matches with little to no attempt at innovation or going hard in the ring.

Striker

Poor mic skills?

Please.
Yes. It was...

You don't even understand...

C'mon, you don't see it, yet?

I can agree with that. I'm all for a good storyline just like anyone else, but WWE is nearly all entertainment these days instead of half. Entertainment and a side of safe matches with little to no attempt at innovation or going hard in the ring.
Current WWE is like 10% actual wrestling, and the rest is intros, promos, or self promotion.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'll agree with that. Even as a kid, it was the characters and storylines that got me interested, but it was great wrestling that got me hooked. Now, I just watch out of habit.

Top Bottom