• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Alucard

Banned
Very good TV match between Angle and Anderson.

Is TNA still having trouble building feuds? The in-ring stuff I've seen in this show has been quite good, but there hasn't been a lot of emotional investment in the characters.

BadAss2961

Very good TV match between Angle and Anderson.

Is TNA still having trouble building feuds? The in-ring stuff I've seen in this show has been quite good, but there hasn't been a lot of emotional investment in the characters.
Storm and Roode is the best one they've got going. It shouldn't be too long before they revisit it.

Brinbe

lmao... DEM NINJAS

why is there everyone in the locker room just letting this happen!? fucking hell hahaha

A nice reminder that at its heart, TNA will always be TNA. At least they're keeping it to a minimum.

somedevil

Why doesn't he go into the back and check Hogan instead of waiting for him after the music 4 times. I love he is getting attacked by 6 biker ninjas.

Gotcha. But do they have issues with developing stories in general? Last time I tuned in, this was a huge issue.

Right now they have

- Aries/Roode
- Roode/Storm on the backburner
- Bully Ray/Joseph Park/ Abyss
- Zema Ion/Sorenson neck injury angle brewing
- AJ/Daniels/whatever her name is baby mama drama
- Sting/Aces & Eights
- Bound For Glory Series which crosses over with some of the feuds all fighting for a championship shot.

I'd say that's pretty good and fills up the show nicely every week.

Sokantish

Right now they have

- Aries/Roode
- Sting/Aces & Eights
- Bound For Glory Series which crosses over with some of the feuds all fighting for a championship shot.

That's an okay list, but it doesn't compare to WWE.

-Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and AJ
-SHEAMUS AND DEL RIO?
-

Alucard

Banned
Right now they have

- Aries/Roode
- Sting/Aces & Eights

Gotcha. Sounds like a fair bit. The goal of wrestling is to make the audience feel invested in the characters. To me, wrestlers are like mythological figures that do battle on a grand stage. If I don't care about why they're fighting, it's not really interesting.

Somebody is saying that three of the biker ninjas are
Domino, Luke Gallows and Lance Hoyt.

Luke Gallows was REALLY entertaining doing the American Badass shtick in Ring Ka King. He should have the same gimmick in TNA if true.

How would Lance Hoyt be part of it though, isn't he in New Japan?

BadAss2961

Gotcha. But do they have issues with developing stories in general? Last time I tuned in, this was a huge issue.
I guess you could say it's still somewhat of an issue. Aries going from earning a contract, to becoming X Division champ, to dominating with the title and winning the world championship is a story that was built and handled extremely well throughout though.

I saw Hogan laid out in the back coming. But lol, really, who the fuck are these guys? They better have a well known person leading this group.

somedevil

Luke Gallows was REALLY entertaining doing the American Badass shtick in Ring Ka King. He should have the same gimmick in TNA if true.

How would Lance Hoyt be part of it though, isn't he in New Japan?

Sorry I changed the last guy because it was wrong. Its wasn't Lance Hoyt.

Alucard

Banned
I guess you could say it's still somewhat of an issue. Aries going from earning a contract, to becoming X Division champ, to dominating with the title and winning the world championship is a story that was built and handled extremely well throughout though.

I saw Hogan laid out in the back coming. But lol, really, who the fuck are these guys? They better have a well known person leading this group.

the-nasty-boys_288x288.jpg

?

It would be hilarious if Scott Steiner was behind the group. This would lead to an awesome reveal promo on why he did it.
If they couldnt get a big name this would work nicely. The problem is the IWC would eat it up but the casual fan would just see it as Steiner coming back from vacation. This angle could be really cool if they could get someone like Batista to play the Scott Hall/Kevin Nash role as the leader of an invasion faction.

Impact was OK tonight. Wasnt great by any means but certainly wasnt a terrible show either, just kind of meh. Of course Raw would kill for a meh show after what they put out this week. If this show would have been in a smark city the Roode-Aries exchange could have been really cool, but instead it was in the shitty impact zone.

XShagrath

Yeah, it could of been like the phantom Cruiser Division show that was meant to happen, but they're holding a tournament for the belt at the NXT tapings right now.
Just got back from the show. They had an 8 man tourney for the title, but will have the finals next week.

Quarter-Finals:

Richie Steamboat vs. Leo Kruger
Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre
Bo Dallas vs. Jinder Mahal
Michael McGillicutty vs. Justin Gabriel

Semi-Finals:

Richie Steamboat vs. Jinder Mahal
Seth Rollins vs. Michael McGillicutty

Finals (to be taped in two weeks):

Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal

There were obviously quite a few other matches. The biggest pops other than Rollins were Ascension, Paige, and Scotty 2 Hotty (who had a match with Heath Slater).

Also, Sinn Bodhi (Kizarny) was in the crowd just one row in front of me.

Top Bottom