• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
A 10 second reign in the attitude era would be more meaningful and memorable than a two month reign now.

People still remember and talk more about Chris Jericho's like 10 minute reign, when he randomly beat HHH in 2000 for the belt, before it was overturned.

A couple pages ago, people didn't even know that Alberto Del Rio was a two time WWE Champion, because they couldn't remember his second reign.

A 10 second reign in the attitude era would be more meaningful and memorable than a two month reign now.

People still remember and talk more about Chris Jericho's like 10 minute reign, when he randomly beat HHH in 2000 for the belt, before it was overturned.

A couple pages ago, people didn't even know that Alberto Del Rio was a two time WWE Champion, because they couldn't remember his second reign.

lol.

On a different note,
I miss this theme..Old school
http://youtu.be/y6Nx6zgXjIs

Speaking of title reigns, I just found out Cena is a 10 time WWE Champion. That's a fuckload of title reigns for somebody who will probably get 10 more. The worst part is I don't remember half of them.

On the contrary, Shawn Michaels only has three, but I vividly remember each one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Ziggler was a champion for 11 minutes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I actually meant when did ADR have a second reign :lol

I didn't even remember he had a FIRST reign lulz this company....

Fake Edit: AND IT WAS 49 DAYS LONG?!?
See what I mean? The shit means nothing. No one cares, no one remembers. ADR is a two time WWE champion, but yet, they still act like he's some young up and comer who fighting for his "destiny." You got it already, man.

And the issue isn't even that they pass the belt around a lot, or short reigns. It's that the belt isn't treated with any significance.

I actually meant when did ADR have a second reign :lol

I didn't even remember he had a FIRST reign lulz this company....

Fake Edit: AND IT WAS 49 DAYS LONG?!?

Nahh, I'm good. Homie don't bathe, yo.

I wish E
would let Del Rio showed his true talent.

Yeah that theme is great, and it was when he had a better suit and mask too. I don't know which Kane I hate more, unmasked Kane or his new mask.

I don't even know how you guys can remember title reigns. I watched way too much wrestling in the mid to late 90s and I don't remember any of the title reigns

Warrior
Hogan
Slaughter
Backlund?

E: I enjoyed watching this..

http://youtu.be/NSioIsC7KuY

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It was terrible. Somehow getting the World Heavyweight Championship actually made him less of a star than he was before. And now he's a midcarder for life.
It doesn't help that the end of his reign was greatly overshadowed by another storyline that took over the show.

The WWE social media ambassador shutting down his Twitter just as they announce a partnership with a new social media site? Gee whiz, I wonder what that could mean?

Watching the Osaka Pro Hurricane show from 2003, and just got to an EPIC 2/3 falls comedy match between Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebessan (Kikutaro) - I love these guys, even without being able to understand all the one liners that have the crowd laughing, their physical comedy is enough. Fucking love it when they get annoyed at the ref for getting a bigger pop than them, and when the ref is desperately trying to get them to fight ("HAJIME!!") so they go into an awesome slow-mo wrestling sequence.

Kuishinbo Kamen vs Ebessan - (Osaka Pro 02/01/03)

iUuV2BwOPwaKD.gif

bangai-o

Banned
i do recall Jack Swagger facing Triple H on Raw. i dont remember fo sure but i think Swagger won or Triple H had to get himself disqualified. i do remember Swagger was pulling Kurt Angle moves all over Triple H and it was awesome.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i do recall Jack Swagger facing Triple H on Raw. i dont remember fo sure but i think Swagger won or Triple H had to get himself disqualified. i do remember Swagger was pulling Kurt Angle moves all over Triple H and it was awesome.
Now he jobs for a living.

Watching the Osaka Pro Hurricane show from 2003, and just got to an EPIC 2/3 falls comedy match between Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebessan (Kikutaro) - I love these guys, even without being able to understand all the one liners that have the crowd laughing, their physical comedy is enough. Fucking love it when they get annoyed at the ref for getting a bigger pop than them, and when the ref is desperately trying to get them to fight ("HAJIME!!") so they go into an awesome slow-mo wrestling sequence.

Kuishinbo Kamen vs Ebessan - (Osaka Pro 02/01/03)

http://i.minus.com/iUuV2BwOPwaKD.gif

The little weak slaps and kicks are hilarious.

Anth0ny

When Jericho randomly won the championship from HHH because Hebner screwed Hunter... the crowd was so damn hot. I'll never forget that.

They'd need a really smart crowd if they ever tried to pull something like that again.

the Championship reigns i remember the most during my kid years were,
World Title:
Hollywood Hogan
Sting

US Title:
DDP
Raven

US and World:
Goldberg

TV Title and Cruiserweight:
Jericho

You were a big WCW fan...I loved Mondays. Watch Monday Night Nitro then switch it over to RAW

The best part about Jack Swagger's title right was them digging up Bunkhouse Buck to be Swagger's Dad.

At least I think he was the champion then...

Striker

Worst thing about Swagger's reign was them actually putting over Orton at the PPV, but promptly having him lose afterwards for two months before having him lose the belt to Rey.

Worst thing about Swagger's reign was them actually putting over Orton at the PPV, but promptly having him lose afterwards for two months before having him lose the belt to Rey.
Didn't he still look shitty in that win over Orton though? Like they put Swagger over, but it didn't get him over.

Chopper

When Jericho randomly won the championship from HHH because Hebner screwed Hunter... the crowd was so damn hot. I'll never forget that.

They'd need a really smart crowd if they ever tried to pull something like that again.
Not necessarily. They'd just need a hot young act that the crowd had a reason to get excited about, an evil overlord champ who thinks he can't be beaten (and rarely ever is), and a conflict between the two. Basic wrestling staples. Unfortunately nowadays, the evil overlord is a face and Vince thinks he's clever by botching any hot youg stars' builds.

eldoon

Jeff Jarrett has a match where he is bringing one of the biggest names in american wrestling to mexico to fight with him for Triplemanía XX.
Team Dorian Roldán (Jeff Jarrett and TBA) vs. Team Joaquín Roldán (Electroshock and L.A. Park)

Chopper

Jeff Jarrett has a match where he is bringing one of the biggest names in american wrestling to mexico to fight with him for Triplemanía XX.
Team Dorian Roldán (Jeff Jarrett and TBA) vs. Team Joaquín Roldán (Electroshock and L.A. Park)
Steiner?

So you're saying Big Show's World Heavyweight Championship from last year before Daniel Bryan cashed in should be one of the most memorable runs EVER

It kind of should be but it really isn't. With Kane you can at least remember the ridiculous match gimmick of "If I do not win the title I will set myself on fire!", the first blood match with his full body suit, the random HIAC lowering, the fact Kane wins while lying unconscious on the canvas and the super hyped crowd for the following Raw when Austin whups Kane for the title. WWE clearly booked themselves into a corner here.
Meanwhile with Big Show, all I remember is thinking "wait Henry lost from that?!" and the crowd went mild despite Show being the face. But I guess it will live on in memorable land due to the Bryan love as they remember how he first won the title. Plus it is the shortest reign ever I think.

So whats up with kharma?

I guess if her rumored release is down to her wanting to do something else then I wish her the best but its a WWE decision then that's really fucking dumb.

The exodus of Women wrestlers from WWE might get them to rethink there approach to them.

Then again Kelly Kelly and the Bella's are not exactly people I would champion as good examples of female wrestlers but still....

Ultratech

It was terrible. Somehow getting the World Heavyweight Championship actually made him less of a star than he was before. And now he's a midcarder for life.

Wasn't he feuding with Big Show at the time as well? Yeah...I just remember him putting Show in the Ankle Lock.

The only other things I remember was him gloating on and on about shitty accomplishments and dragging Rey around backstage in the Ankle Lock.

Top Bottom