• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

I know next-to-nothing about WWE since I was a kid, but I'm taking my 8-year-old son to the WWE Raw World Tour event on July 29 up in Louisville for his birthday. So I'm reading all the relevant threads here, and learning a lot.

So what are the chances AJ (<3) shows up on our night?
Any tips to make the night awesome?
Will there be T-shirts for sale?
Is there any chance of him getting an autograph from somebody?
How long do the events usually last?

Chopper

Kaladin

For anyone going to Wrestlemania this year, and planning to go to Ring of Honor....hope you got money now:

Ring of Honor Wrestling is very excited to state that we have finalized all the necessary details and can now officially announce that on Friday night April 5, 2013 we will return to The Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City to present “Supercard of Honor VII”!!!!

That will undoubtedly be the biggest wrestling weekend of the year in the biggest city in the country and ROH will be right in the heart of it with the absolute best in-ring action you can expect to see anywhere in the world! And since we know fans from across the world will be traveling to the Big Apple that weekend, Ring of Honor is looking to make your travel plans as easy as possible by making our tickets available to you ASAP!

Starting Saturday, July 14th tickets will go on sale at 10AM to all Ringside Members. Then, on Tuesday, July 17th, ticket sales will open up to the General Public. If you want first crack at these you're going to have to sign up for Ringside Membership which you can do by clicking here for as low as $7.99/month.

It's Ring of Honor Wrestling in the heart of NYC during the biggest weekend of the year! Make sure you don't miss out on your chance to experience the absolute best pound-for-pound professional wrestling on the planet!!!

Ring of Honor Wrestling
"Supercard of Honor VII"
Friday April 5, 2013

Hammerstein Ballroom (Manhattan Center)
311 W. 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
Belltime – 7:30PM

Tickets on Sale:
Ringside Members – Saturday July 14th @ 10AM
General Public – Tuesday July 17th @ 10AM

Personally, if I'm in East Rutherford, NJ and Dragon Gate USA, Chikara, CZW, Evolve and Shine are already hosting events there this weekend.....fuck going into NYC for a wrasslin show. Thankfully, I'm not going next year and don't have to make that choice.

Muffin

Neo Member
I know next-to-nothing about WWE since I was a kid, but I'm taking my 8-year-old son to the WWE Raw World Tour event on July 29 up in Louisville for his birthday. So I'm reading all the relevant threads here, and learning a lot.

So what are the chances AJ (<3) shows up on our night?
Any tips to make the night awesome?
Will there be T-shirts for sale?
Is there any chance of him getting an autograph from somebody?
How long do the events usually last?

I don't know much, but in my experience getting really into chants with the crowd makes things the most enjoyable. The crowds can be so much funnier and more active than television makes them out to be and my favourite thing at shows is seeing people genuinely excited to yell at wrestlers!

I don't know much, but in my experience getting really into chants with the crowd makes things the most enjoyable. The crowds can be so much funnier and more active than television makes them out to be and my favourite thing at shows is seeing people genuinely excited to yell at wrestlers!

Good suggestion!

Just saw there's a Raw event on the same night at the other end of Kentucky that has all my son's favorite wrestlers (plus AJ) scheduled to appear, so it looks like we're getting the sloppy seconds (Cena, Big Show, Kofi, Tensai, Clay, Marella, Swagger, Layla, and Phoenix). But we'll make the most out of it!

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of AJ, she put on Twitter that she's single.

Which is either a ruse and a way to increase the ratings for the male teen demographic even more or legit.

But, my chances for getting into her pants have just increased from 0,000000000001% to like 0,000000000002% so I'll fucking take it!

Anyway, busy at work today so didn't have time to download Impact yet, should I start getting excited or did it suck?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So I guess this is the follow up to The Rock DVD released up to WM. It is literally just that documentary and wall-to-wall promos.

25fRl.jpg

Disc 1
After 7 Long Years
A Year in the Making
The People&#8217;s Champ
The New Face of the WWE
Social Media Warfare
LockerRoom Noise
Loyalty and Respect
Let&#8217;s Go Cena &#8211; Cena Sucks
Once in a Lifetime
Special Features
First Class
Tiger Pride
World&#8217;s Most Famous Arena
A Funny Person
Comedy Translates
Flat on My Face
Singing
Tonight Show
Merry Christmas!
Getting Dad Involved
Giving Back
Unpredictable
Tickets
Clash
Secret Recipe

The Rock Returns to RAW
RAW 14th February, 2011

John Cena Responds to The Rock
RAW 21st February, 2011

The Rock Confronts &#8220;John Cena&#8221; At His Home
RAW 14th March, 2011

John Cena Adjusts The Rock&#8217;s Attitude
RAW 28th March, 2011

The Rock Welcomes the WWE Universe
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

WWE Championship Match
The Miz vs. John Cena
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

Save the Date: The Rock vs. John Cena
RAW 4th April, 2011

John Cena: This is Your Life
RAW 11th November, 2011

Boots to Asses
RAW 11th November, 2011

Never Before, Never Again
The Rock & John Cena vs. The Miz & R-Truth
Survivor Series 20th November, 2011

Disc 2

John Cena Calls Out Dwayne Johnson
RAW 20th February, 2012

The Rock & John Cena Face-to-Face
RAW 27th February, 2012

The Rock&#8217;s History Lesson #1
RAW 5th March, 2012

John Cena Returns Home
RAW 5th March, 2012

The Rock&#8217;s History Lesson #2
RAW 5th March, 2012

The Rock&#8217;s History Lesson #3
RAW 5th March, 2012

The Rock & John Cena Live in Boston
RAW 5th March, 2012

The Return of Thuganomics
RAW 12th March, 2012

Rock Concert
RAW 12th March, 2012

The Final Confrontation
RAW 26th March, 2012

WrestleMania XXVIII Press Conference
Miami 28th March, 2012

The Rock vs. John Cena
WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2011

Blu-ray Exclusive Content

Typewriter
A Dozen Eggs
Hungry?
Blaisdell Center
Instant Gratification
Billboard
Electrifying Mexico City
Evicted
Tattoo
The Kidman Spot
Enjoying the Moment
Tribute to the Troops
&#8220;U Can&#8217;t See Me&#8221;
Grilled Cheese
Bad Advice
Rise Above Hate

FILM CUT- Once in a Lifetime
The Rock vs. John Cena
WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2012

The Rock Comments on his WrestleMania Match
Raw 2nd April, 2012

John Cena Comments on his WrestleMania Match
Raw 2nd April, 2012

Aiii

So not worth it
So I guess this is the follow up to The Rock DVD released up to WM. It is literally just that documentary and wall-to-wall promos.

http://i.imgur.com/25fRl.jpg

Disc 1

Disc 2

As much as they wanted this to be a thing, I have high doubts on the sales of this one. First off, Rock vs. Cena wasn't all that great a feud. It wasn't bad or anything, just not anything special in hindsight.

Made worse by the fact that Cena's loss really didn't do nothing, other then guarentee they'd do it all over again next year with Cena coming out up top this time.

Ah, who am I kidding, Cena is on it, it'll sell a million-gazillion copies.

Jamie OD

For anyone going to Wrestlemania this year, and planning to go to Ring of Honor....hope you got money now:

Personally, if I'm in East Rutherford, NJ and Dragon Gate USA, Chikara, CZW, Evolve and Shine are already hosting events there this weekend.....fuck going into NYC for a wrasslin show. Thankfully, I'm not going next year and don't have to make that choice.

I'm hoping to attend WrestleMania next year and I'm not really convinced about getting tickets for this ASAP. I'm almost certain I would be able to get a ticket pretty easily right before I leave for my flight to New York. Plus the above shows you mentioned are more appealing to me than ROH at the moment, and I'm not even that into Evolve, DGUSA and CZW. In fact, Chikara on its own is enough for me to see a-non WWE show during my time there.

Kaladin

I'm hoping to attend WrestleMania next year and I'm not really convinced about getting tickets for this ASAP. I'm almost certain I would be able to get a ticket pretty easily right before I leave for my flight to New York. Plus the above shows you mentioned are more appealing to me than ROH at the moment, and I'm not even that into Evolve, DGUSA and CZW. In fact, Chikara on its own is enough for me to see a-non WWE show during my time there.

If you're planning on going to Ring of Honor, you probably need to get the ticket ASAP. They usually do big numbers in Hammerstein without the Wrestlemania weekend crowd, so I imagine these tickets will sell a lot quicker than last year.

Aiii

So not worth it
The WM match wasn't bad guys, come on!

Can't remember much from it, other then that Rock got tired really quickly and there was this awkward moment where they were doing sleeper holds on the mat way too long and the fact that Cena tried to mock Rock and ate a Rock Bottom for it.

I don't remember it being bad (outside of the horrible entrances), but can't really say it was anything special.

Personally, if I'm in East Rutherford, NJ and Dragon Gate USA, Chikara, CZW, Evolve and Shine are already hosting events there this weekend.....fuck going into NYC for a wrasslin show.

If I were going, my decision on whether or not to make the extra effort to see ROH would be based on how much of a Supercard it really is. The last few years have been particularly lacklustre compared to the first four;

I; CIMA, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, Ryo Saito, Chris Hero & Necro Butcher

II; YAMATO, Naruki Doi, CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Shingo Takagi, Susumu Yokosuka & Ryo Saito

III; Go Shiozaki, BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, CIMA, Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi

IV; Katsuhiko Nakajima, KENTA, Blue Demon Jr, Magno, Incognito, Alex Koslov & D-Lo Brown

V; Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Amazing Kong & Balls Mahoney

VI; no outside talent

Bringing over some Japanese talent from either of the big 3 companies could easily elevate this supercard of honor to a must-see show.

I forgot all about those, why do you guys remember everything? No wonder you're so angry at WWE all the time

How could you forget? throughout every pointless backstage comedy sketch, Brodus Clay time waster and awful musical performance stating that Cena is an underdog I was thinking "this time could've gone to Sheamus vs Bryan".

One man's highlight is another man's lowlight
So what you're saying is you enjoyed Brodus and his mamas? you sick freak!

True story: I saw this match live and completely forgot that it existed until you posted this.

Clearly my mind couldn't hold all of the awesome of seeing Kane live, or something.
Now something tells me that your last sentence isn't very true at all, you're lying through your teeth, better get Issac Yankem on the case.

I was so furious over the D-Bry thing at WM that it really ruined the night for me. I couldn't get into the show again till like Undertaker vs Triple H.

I barely even remember what else was on the card cause I just wasn't interested, I remember that celebrity chick shit her pants and then the UT fight.

GRrrrrr, the anger remains!

Yea it was the Jedi birth of Bryan looking back now, but at the time man, fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. >:|

Next night on Raw and the after stuff though was like the exact opposite, from devastation angry to glorious realization that Daniel Bryan is now a thing. :D

COooooooooooooome on, only a few days away till WWE CHAMPION

YES! YES! YES!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Watching the Osaka Pro Hurricane show from 2003, and just got to an EPIC 2/3 falls comedy match between Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebessan (Kikutaro) - I love these guys, even without being able to understand all the one liners that have the crowd laughing, their physical comedy is enough. Fucking love it when they get annoyed at the ref for getting a bigger pop than them, and when the ref is desperately trying to get them to fight ("HAJIME!!") so they go into an awesome slow-mo wrestling sequence.

Kuishinbo Kamen vs Ebessan - (Osaka Pro 02/01/03)

http://i.minus.com/iUuV2BwOPwaKD.gif[img][/QUOTE]

the "count faster" bit and the faked out suicide dive were fantastic

I was so furious over the D-Bry thing at WM that it really ruined the night for me. I couldn't get into the show again till like Undertaker vs Triple H.

I barely even remember what else was on the card cause I just wasn't interested, I remember that celebrity chick shit her pants and then the UT fight.

Yea it was the Jedi birth of Bryan looking back now, but at the time man, fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. >:|

Next night on Raw and the after stuff though was like the exact opposite, from devastation angry to glorious realization that Daniel Bryan is now a thing. :D

YES! YES! YES!

I had a WM party with the gf and friends and while I knew DBry was going to lose, I didn't think it would happen like that. I was genuinely upset and much like you, couldn't get back into the show until Taker/HHH. I just didn't understand the logic behind it all.

And then the following episode of RAW was one of the greatest things I have watched.

YES! YES! YES!

Kaladin

You know what I noticed about last night's Impact? TNA didn't shit on the fans who bought the PPV by doing Aries vs Roode II the following week on tv. I know they set up Aries vs Roode for Open Fight Night, but this is different. It's non title, and Roode has gone crazy without his belt.....I'd almost say Roode went Ric Flair crazy last night, was half expecting him to elbow drop his suit. Next week's Impact should be good.

Anth0ny

25fRl.jpg

Disc 1

Disc 2

I'd pay $10 for this. No more.

I was pretty upset about the Daniel Bryan match as well. I was in a theatre watching, so the little jimmies cheered when Sheamus won, but the deep voices of the men in the audience overpowered them with boos, and a "money back" chant.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, there's one specific Kane moment I've been trying to remember for ages. It was during a time when Kane was allied with Taker, possibly the first time, since this had to be around 98 or so. It was on Raw, and Austin Stunnered Kane and left him knocked out and bleeding in the ring. I just remember it so vividly because up until that time, nobody had ever kicked Kane's ass like that. I'd really love to see it again, but I can't ever find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Aiii

So not worth it
Wait, watching Impact now and I have a question... How does a recently recovered drug addict have such a nice car?

Wouldn't she have sold that fucker for drugs? Not like anyone would have given her a loan.

This is just weird. Give her a dodgy 80s Toyota or something.

Okay, there's one specific Kane moment I've been trying to remember for ages. It was during a time when Kane was allied with Taker, possibly the first time, since this had to be around 98 or so. It was on Raw, and Austin Stunnered Kane and left him knocked out and bleeding in the ring. I just remember it so vividly because up until that time, nobody had ever kicked Kane's ass like that. I'd really love to see it again, but I can't ever find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, while everyone here likes Kane I don't think we have anyone who has encyclopedic knowledge about him and could easily track down that moment.

No one at all.

Well, it'd probably been easy to miss if the entire match took place behind a giant palm tree.

We had pretty great seats, but yeah that structure was absurd for a lot of the audience

Sid

YES! YES! YES!
Speaking of that what 'era' ended after the match?since hhh is back whereas taker is supposed to be at raw 1000 while even j.r. is back on nxt

- Former WCW talent Marcus Alexander Bagwell (a/k/a Buff Bagwell) was apprehended by Georgia law enforcement on Monday and charged with reckless driving, according to the official website of the Georgia Department of Corrections. The 42-year-old wrestler was taken into custody to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office and subsequently released on bond.

Bagwell has largely recovered from injuries suffered in a serious car accident on April 23 while traveling in Cherokee County, Georgia.

Kaladin

Dammit, I missed Impact again. Anything good I should catch on Youtube?

Bully Ray/Joseph Park was good as usual, The Aries/Roode segments were awesome, Roode almost went Ric Flair crazy over loosing his title. RVD/Joe and Anderson/Angle were decent BFG matches. Also, Aces and Eights closed out the show with another attack.

Spike TV is posting complete episodes on their website on a seven day delay.....but youtube should have it much faster.

Top Bottom