• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Christ on a cracker, bean breath, stop being so wrong.

The show is not funny. The fans are stupid and follow the cast to all their other failed shows. Do you know how many threads about failed shows involving Will Arnett I had to wade through? Thankfully it's finally died down around here, no thanks to Keyser keeping that damned avatar and the show's memory alive. He's as bad as wrestling fans wearing shirts in public.

Hey Keyser, if you want to torrent Tony Hale's latest guest appearance on some show that's not long for this world and buy a Liza Minelli album because they were both once on a tv show you liked that was mercifully put out of its misery, that's fine.

Just stop rubbing it in our faces with that avatar.

CHANGE YOURSELF.

The show is not funny. The fans are stupid and follow the cast to all their other failed shows. Do you know how many threads about failed shows involving Will Arnett I had to wade through? Thankfully it's finally died down around here, no thanks to Keyser keeping that damned avatar and the show's memory alive. He's as bad as wrestling fans wearing shirts in public.

Hey Keyser, if you want to torrent Tony Hale's latest guest appearance on some show that's not long for this world and buy a Liza Minelli album because they were both once on a tv show you liked that was mercifully put out of its misery, that's fine.

CHANGE YOURSELF.

I'd say Michael Cera, and Jason Bateman did pretty good for themselves.

And you're wrestling fan, whadda you know? A WCW fan worst of all. Blargh

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What the hell are you people even talking about?!?!

I make one deal with Persp for a week, and this thread just crumbles! Keep it together, damn it! Together!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Don't be like this guy, SoulPlaya. Don't watch it.
Don't worry, I was just trying to be nice to Keyser. I won't watch it. All I do in my time is see my friends, post on GAF, and finish secondary applications to med school. I don't have time for some weird hipster show, or whatever it is.

i know ive seen Soulplaya say cuss words on more than ne occasion.
The fuck you have!

Well this thread got shitty all of a sudden.

I think you used the wrong post. Save that one for when SoulPlaya's not grounded anymore.

Don't worry, I was just trying to be nice to Keyser. I won't watch it. All I do in my time is see my friends, post on GAF, and finish secondary applications to med school. I don't have time for some weird hipster show, or whatever it is.

But you make time for WWE.....

I don't even

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think you used the wrong post. Save that one for when SoulPlaya's not grounded anymore.

But you make time for WWE.....

I don't even
The WWE just happens to be on in the background when I'm posting on here, and filling out applications.

Me not grounded? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The WWE just happens to be on in the background when I'm posting on here, and filling out applications.

Why you lyin doe? You remembered Alberto Del Rio's 2nd championship reign. NOBODY remembers Alberto Del Rio's 2nd championship reign.

At least be proud of your of your refusal to watch high quality programming because of your obsession with garbage TV.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
well why are you allowed to say cuss words but not everybody else?
I awarded the honor of being able to cuss by the United Nations. They deemed, after years of debate, that I was the only one with the will and strength to carry the responsibility of cursing. Everyone else here would crumple underneath that responsibility, but I, and only I, have the strength to persevere. I am not saying this to show off, but simply to warn you, lest you make a terrible mistake. Don't try it, Bangai, I wouldn't want to see you get hurt.

Why you lyin doe? You remembered Alberto Del Rio's 2nd championship reign. NOBODY remembers Alberto Del Rio's 2nd championship reign.

At least be proud of your of your refusal to watch high quality programming because of your obsession with garbage TV.
I only watch the WWE for one reason. I can't remember what that reason is right now, but I'm sure it'll come back to me by Monday.

bangai-o

Banned
i think you should just get on the mich and apologize to Keyser and apogize to the wwe universe. who do you think you are Triple H? cant get away with assaults lik that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey kids, I've been out of town the past week. I'm returning home tomorrow. What'd I miss? I obviously didn't watch RAW this past week and I don't know what happened on Smackdown! either.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i think you should just get on the mich and apologize to Keyser and apogize to the wwe universe. who do you think you are Triple H? cant get away with assaults lik that.
Apologize to Keyser? Are you kidding? After all I did for him? I was on the verge of getting him a tag, and he goes and blows it. Now, deals have to be restructured, conversations have to be had, and reconciliations have to be issued. I do a lot of things behind the scenes to keep this thread going. You guys have no idea!

Hey kids, I've been out of town the past week. I'm returning home tomorrow. What'd I miss? I obviously didn't watch RAW this past week and I don't know what happened on Smackdown! either.
You literally missed nothing. RAW was squash match after squash match, with nothing consequential. SD! was a joke show with Ryder as GM, and nothing meaningful happened there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Apologize to Keyser? Are you kidding? After all I did for him? I was on the verge of getting him a tag, and he goes and blows it. Now, deals have to be restructured, conversations have to be had, and reconciliations have to be issued. I do a lot of things behind the scenes to keep this thread going. You guys have no idea!

You literally missed nothing. RAW was squash match after squash match, with nothing consequential. SD! was a joke show with Ryder as GM, and nothing meaningful happened there.

The go home shows for a PPV on Sunday, awesome.

I missed all of your guys' antics!

bangai-o

Banned
if Kog was here he would make you aplogize. Where did he go? interestingly he is no where to be seen and you begin your rampage. what a coincidense.

The short girl wanted cake.

Who do we know who can get her some cake!?

nawDp.jpg

ISW (Inter-Species Wrestling) have put up the entire Slamtasia 3 card from 2010 on youtube for free;

For the first time ever, completely for free, an ENTIRE Inter Species Wrestling event hits the internet in a way you don't have to feel dirty about watching! Well, for the most part. Watch as Eddie Kingston and Player Uno do battle in the main event of a stacked show that features the Inter Species Championship on the line as Giant Tiger defends against Steven "the Turtle" Weiner, the Osirian Portal make their debut in an impromptu handicapped match against Zombified, and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc8lAZiPYtc

If you've never seen ISW before, they're a pretty unique promotion, lots of crazy characters (Moohammad the Terrorist Cow, lol) and funny storylines, but also some good wrestling - the main event of Kingston vs Player Uno is really great, that match starts at 1:16:45.

Sokantish

CHANGE YOURSELF.

I can't even believe you typed all of this out. Did Arrested Development kill your parents or something? You seem to really hate it, it must have wronged you at some point.

I have never watched any of the casts other shows though, maybe that's why you're so angry. Is it because a lot of the comedy is not right on the surface and if you pay attention to stuff it's even better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO1k2Y3o-iM

COME ON!

I mean damn, I really don't know who GOB is.

Who the hell is GOB?

Show is overrated and its fans are somehow worse than wrestling fans. Skip it.

Sorry Keyser, but Bean's argument is very well thought out. I won't be watching Arrested Development.

CHANGE YOURSELF.

Don't be like this guy, SoulPlaya. Don't watch it.

Don't worry, I was just trying to be nice to Keyser. I won't watch it.

gobchicken-o.gif

gob-bluth-come-on-o.gif

ad-gob-michael-bl1-o.gif

I've never watched Arrested Development, but whereas before that was only through ignorance, now it's entirely through spite. I simply cannot stand the degree to which fans of the show put it on a pedestal, and how discussions of its 'brilliance' seem to invade other topics. It's kind of obnoxious and I don't want to become one of them, one of those people who makes statements like "well, it's funny, but Arrested Development is better" ad nauseum and act like it's the be-all and end-all of situation comedy. That, and half the jokes have been ruined by the internet. Bees?!? Beads. Beads?

Sokantish

Bootaaay you should just hate those people that do that, instead of the show. That'd be like hating Kane just because Soulplaya posts fan art of him(wait a minute...) Just so we are clear, no one here brought it up except for Soulplaya asking what GOB was! I agree the people on this forum especially just go crazy over it, but I guess it never bothered me because I watched it before I read any of that stuff.

Plus we all watch the greatest comedy on TV every Monday.

I've never watched Arrested Development, but whereas before that was only through ignorance, now it's entirely through spite. I simply cannot stand the degree to which fans of the show put it on a pedestal, and how discussions of its 'brilliance' seem to invade other topics. It's kind of obnoxious and I don't want to become one of them, one of those people who makes statements like "well, it's funny, but Arrested Development is better" ad nauseum and act like it's the be-all and end-all of situation comedy. That, and half the jokes have been ruined by the internet. Bees?!? Beads. Beads?

Arrested Development is not funny because of Bees?!? Beads. Beads? It is good because it is consistent, and is respectful of the overall storyline of the show - not just the jokes. It is like WWE doing the Anonymous GM story, not fucking it up, and actually making people happy the storyline existed.

Your logic is like me deciding not to watch the great matches you post because you post so many great matches.

Let it be known: Keyser is my new favorite WrassleGaffer. We both love AD and, presumably, potatoes. SoulPlaya is dead to me.

For further developments please call 1-800-WCW-NEWS.

Alucard

Banned
Wait, people are complaining that Sheamus uses his finisher to finish his matches? Man, bet you guys hated Stone Cold, The Rock, HBK, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Jake the Snake, Ted Dibiase, Hogan, Yokozuna, and every wrestler ever. Matches are built around finishers. This is not something worth complaining about. They're making the Brogue kick seem invincible right now, so when a guy finally kicks out of it, everyone can go "HOLY SHIT!"

Let it be known: Keyser is my new favorite WrassleGaffer. We both love AD and, presumably, potatoes. SoulPlaya is dead to me.

For further developments please call 1-800-WCW-NEWS.

Wait, people are complaining that Sheamus uses his finisher to finish his matches? Man, bet you guys hated Stone Cold, The Rock, HBK, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Jake the Snake, Ted Dibiase, Hogan, Yokozuna, and every wrestler ever. Matches are built around finishers. This is not something worth complaining about. They're making the Brogue kick seem invincible right now, so when a guy finally kicks out of it, everyone can go "HOLY SHIT!"

Two sensible posts in a sea of madness

Your logic is like me deciding not to watch the great matches you post because you post so many great matches.

No, it would be like you not watching the matches I post because I keep incessantly telling you how much better they are than whatever matches you watch.

There's no logic to it, I admit it's an entirely irrational reaction - but I watch a lot of shows and a lot of wrestling, I'm not so bereft of current entertainment that I particularly feel the need to go back and watch a decade-old sitcom simply because it's acclaimed, and even less so when some fans act like it's gods gift to comedy. It just puts a bad taste in my mouth. But it's not only Arrested Development, there are other examples; Community and Louie, in recent years, two shows I very much enjoy, but can't stand the hyperbolic way in which some fans try and sell the show to non-viewers. You over-hype anything and, in my experience, it's going to be a disappointment to the person you hyped it to.

Alucard said:
They're making the Brogue kick seem invincible right now, so when a guy finally kicks out of it, everyone can go "HOLY SHIT!"

Even when that happens, it'll be too soon. Finishers aren't protected enough in today's wrestling, imo, and you'll never improve on the way Stan Hansen's Western Lariat was protected - for about 15 years NO ONE kicked out of the lariat. A team mate may have broken up the pin, or the guy may have fallen/rolled out to prevent the pin, but not one person kicked out of the lariat right up until they needed Hansen to put over the next generation, and by kicking out of the lariat he made stars out of Kobashi & Misawa.

Ithil

It's not that he uses his finisher to finish matches. No one has said that. Endless false finishes like the Undertaker/HHH WM match or most ROH main events are not the way to go, obviously. Finishers should finish matches most of the time.

It's that there has been no variation whatever, every match is great, then the last minute is the exact same as every previous match, Brogue Kick Outta Nowhere, clean pin. He beat Dolph with that 5 times in a month. That's just ridiculous.

It's the same complaint levelled at Orton last summer. His matches were awesome, but every single one of them ended with a predictable RKOutta Nowhere.

No matter who it is, Sheamus wins in the same way, and when you know that the same ending is inevitably coming, you lose a lot of the excitement of the otherwise good match. CM Punk wins most of his matches as WWE Champion, but there's variation in how it happens, you don't know there's gonna be a GTS Outta Nowhere, etc.

HBK did his superkick out of nowhere a lot of the time too. Maybe Sheamus does the build up less often than HBK did, but it's not always out of nowhere so I really don't see a problem with that.

Alucard

Banned
It's not that he uses his finisher to finish matches. No one has said that. Endless false finishes like the Undertaker/HHH WM match or most ROH main events are not the way to go, obviously. Finishers should finish matches most of the time.

It's that there has been no variation whatever, every match is great, then the last minute is the exact same as every previous match, Brogue Kick Outta Nowhere, clean pin. He beat Dolph with that 5 times in a month. That's just ridiculous.

It's the same complaint levelled at Orton last summer. His matches were awesome, but every single one of them ended with a predictable RKOutta Nowhere.

No matter who it is, Sheamus wins in the same way, and when you know that the same ending is inevitably coming, you lose a lot of the excitement of the otherwise good match. CM Punk wins most of his matches as WWE Champion, but there's variation in how it happens, you don't know there's gonna be a GTS Outta Nowhere, etc.

Bret Hart won most of his matches with the sharp shooter. Shawn Michaels won most of his matches with the super kick. Stone Cold won most/all of his matches with the stunner. I really don't see the problem. Yeah, it would be great if Sheamus won with a submission hold or a different move from time to time, but he doesn't have to do that. Also, people coming to see a live event come to see the "special moves" of the stars. If I paid money to see an Undertaker match, I would feel a little disappointed if I didn't get to see a tombstone.

Kaladin

If you pre-order tonight's CZW iPPV New Heights, CZW has both previous Drake Younger vs Sami Callihan one on one matches, plus a fatal four way involving these two from Best of the Best. I'm currently watching a Best 2 out of 3 falls match from Cinco De Mayo after watching the other two. These matches have been a mix of brutality and great mat wrestling, can't wait to see the hour long iron man ultraviolent match tonight.

Why hasn't WWE signed Sami Callihan yet? He's got the whole package.....the only issue is he would have to tone everything he does down about 90% in the big time, but I don't think he would loose any of his appeal if he does.

Lol, something they did in this ultraviolent portion of this 2 out of 3 falls match fucked up the lighting they have set up to light the ring and it keeps going in and out constantly.

I think a big problem with the finishers is Michael Cole calling them. With an RKO or Brouge Kick he always calls them the exact same way like he has never seen it out of nowhere before. "Out of Nowhere" moves with those two have lost their effect because of Cole and the fact they do it so much. It would be nice if the RKO or Brouge Kick were actually set up instead of being "out of nowhere" all the time.

The point of this story is Michael Cole sucks and detracts from the product significantly. I am also for Wrestlers having multiple finishers. They should model taker who has Hell's Gate, Last Ride and the tombstone. It gives you many more options to create an exciting finish.

Top Bottom