• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Ithil

last week someone responded to me saying Raw sucked because the writers rushed it.
i just dont understand how they are so incapable of putting it together. Tuesday morning, they put together a rough draft. Wed morning they bring in some of the talent (Jericho comes to mind) to get their input. next day Final draft and done. and if they actually seperate Raw an Smackdown for real, then it should work.
but often time it really does seem like the writers spend all week drinking and trying to flirt with the divas and Sunday comes along and omg its due tomarrow!

It's not exactly their fault. They do that during the week, but at the meetings at the weekend they go through it with Vince and others and he inevitably calls for rewrites. This can happen several times in a row, so suddenly it's Sunday and the show is still being put together. On Monday there might be even more last minute changes by Vince.

Sokantish

Really though, it seems way too easy to blame it all on Vince forcing rewrites. You'd think by now they'd be use to it and maybe plan ahead a bit or something. I'm not saying Vince doesn't make them do rewrites, but maybe they have to do rewrites because its something that's just as terrible as what comes out Monday, who knows really.

somedevil

What's the point of writing a good show when Vince is just going to trash it at the last minute?

That problem been happening since 2002. On a podcast with two writers from Raw and Smackdown talking about Katie Vick. They mentioned that if Vince has a phrase he wants to use he will use it. Like the screw your brains out in Katie Vick or the hymen joke he had. Also, they were asked if they had any storyline they were proud of and both said no because what aired was always different from what they wrote.

Razorskin

----- ------
liZz9.jpg

Anth0ny

Apparently Kane was going to take the belt from HHH in 2002. There was a writers meeting the day before the PPV and everyone agreed it was the appropriate way to go.

That night, HHH had dinner with Vince and convinced him to hold onto the belt a little longer. The finish was changed the next day, and HHH kept the belt.

In other words, yeah.

Apparently Kane was going to take the belt from HHH in 2002. There was a writers meeting the day before the PPV and everyone agreed it was the appropriate way to go.

That night, HHH had dinner with Vince and convinced him to hold onto the belt a little longer. The finish was changed the next day, and HHH kept the belt.

In other words, yeah.

What?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

Well now i'm just genuinely annoyed, if there was ever a title match Kane should've won it was that one.

Ithil

In other words, yeah.

Wow. That's bullshit.

Kane was a huge push back then, and really damn over. He absolutely should have won that time.

somedevil

Wow. That's bullshit.

Kane was a huge push back then, and really damn over. He absolutely should have won that time.

Booker T and Rob Van Damn was supposed win back in 2002 over Triple H but was changed as well. You got to remember in 2002-2003 it was the Triple H show and he was at his peak in burying people.

Striker

Wow. That's bullshit.

There were tons of guys back in the early 2000's: Benoit, Angle, Kane, Taker, Michaels (to a degree), Jericho, Booker T, Lesnar (02-04), RVD... that's not even counting Austin and Rock which were the two go points in those early years of the decade. There was an abundance of talent. And if you went by Triple H's mouth, you'd think he deserved it all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

In other words, yeah.
Yeah, this was confirmed by two writers on the LAW podcast this week.

It's what has convinced me that this show will suck just as much with HHH in charge. He's going to be in every damn major storyline, and still bury people. Him beating Punk last year showed me that. Hell, I still can't believe he went over Punk, without even a rubber match to even it up, lol.

Striker

He went over Sheamus at Wrestlemania 26, although you can make sure he put that young buck over because Sheamus won in the April PPV, Backlash Extreme Rules. Still stupid - why not have it done on the biggest stage? Reminds me of the Cody-Big Show thing this year. It's mindless.

Aiii

So not worth it
Listen to that LAW podcast if you get the chance btw, it's the one on Katie Vick. Gives amazing insides on WWE's creative process, even if what they talk about was 10 years ago.

Yeah, this was confirmed by two writers on the LAW podcast this week.

It's what has convinced me that this show will suck just as much with HHH in charge. He's going to be in every damn major storyline, and still bury people. Him beating Punk last year convinced me of that. Hell, I still can't believe he went over Punk, without even a rubber match to even it up, lol.

HHH won all his ppv matches last year, he crushed Punk with his COO powers, brought Nash back to make him job and defeated Undertaker in the greatest match in WM history because Undertaker couldn't walk out on his own power.

edit: On closer inspection there was a forgettable tag match HHH lost against Awesome Truth, then again I bet Punk took the pinfall.

Linkified

Listen to that LAW podcast if you get the chance btw, it's the one on Katie Vick. Gives amazing insides on WWE's creative process, even if what they talk about was 10 years ago.

Yep and WrestlingCrap guys need to show up and present the 'Certificate of Authenticity' for the Katie Vick stuff she signed.

Ithil

He went over Sheamus at Wrestlemania 26, although you can make sure he put that young buck over because Sheamus won in the April PPV, Backlash Extreme Rules. Still stupid - why not have it done on the biggest stage? Reminds me of the Cody-Big Show thing this year. It's mindless.

The Cody Big Show thing was more of a "feel good" thing for Big Show, to give him his "Wrestlemania moment" or whatever. It's not like Big Show wins too many of his feuds.

In other words, yeah.

Goddammit what a promo, he was definitely shooting in much of that, don't care what anyone says, you could even see it in Cena's face once he sat up and leaned against the ring. I also loved he still ripped the crowd, that tweener face/heel character was perfect. Unfortunately you gotta sell merchandise so they had to make him a babyface.

Aiii

So not worth it
With an action figure coming, her being the focus of the show and drawing actual ratings, I'd imagine a shirt won't be too long out.

As said, I'll buy it even if the thing's neon pink plaid.

bangai-o

Banned
With an action figure coming, her being the focus of the show and drawing actual ratings, I'd imagine a shirt won't be too long out.

As said, I'll buy it even if the thing's neon pink plaid.
i dont think an action figure is a sign of things to come. Kelly Kelly and Layla have a toy. i recall the one Raw where Maryse caught Santino playing with her toy.
if AJs shirt doesnt look like a girl shirt id wear it. I was thinking of picking up the Kofi Kingston shirt anyway.

You know who was awesome? The Warrior;

i4sihBwbQ4BdW.gif

OK, he wasn't awesome, but I wish more of today's wrestlers had even an ounce of his intensity.

"Now you must deal with the creation of all the unpleasantries, in the entire universe, as I feel the injection from the gods above. I only know that the Ultimate Warrior is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL!!!!"

Sokantish

the ultimate warrior was my favorite wrestler ever when I was younger, it wasn't until I started reading these threads that I realized how crazy he was

Top Bottom