• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If Bryan wins the championship and turns face, people will be begging for a new champion after 2 PPV wins.
That's only if they neuter him. People aren't turning on Punk because they are fickle, it's because his run has been terrible. You know that. Not his fault, sure, but still.

Ithil

If Bryan wins the championship and turns face, people will be begging for a new champion after 2 PPV wins.

If he turned face and changed to a bland character with none of what made him so great before while playing second fiddle to Cena, yeah.

It's not simply face = lame and heel = yay, here. If Punk wasn't so aggressively neutered I would be all for many more months of his title reign.

Kyoufu

Bryan has earned a title reign, too. He's been the most entertaining part of WWE consistently since last December, and put on the best matches.

What makes Bryan any better though? I don't see the crying need for him to be champion.

Now is not the right time anyway. They have to bring in the Rock somehow, and Cena too...

Sorry but Daniel Bryan is better off at Smackdown.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

No one was begging for Punk to lose until he's had it for a full year and that's mainly because he's fighting the one guy people might want more.

That's only if they neuter him. People aren't turning on Punk because they are fickle, it's because his run has been terrible. You know that. Not his fault, sure, but still.

Well don't worry that run will be over soon, Cena will return us to the status quo.

FUCK YEAH KANE! HE'S GONNA WIN GUYS!, CHEER WITH ME!

Ithil

Christ I hope they boo the fuck out of Cena. It's so obnoxious, the way they discard everything to get him in the main event of every PPV no matter way.

Punk vs Brian was great but it's fucking idiotic that a match to get a shot at a title is main eventing over a match for that title (outside of the rumble).

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Kane first to the ring? God, this is such fucking bullshit. He's a veteran in the company, he deserves better than this! I'm so fucking pissed. Ohhh, let me guess, Cena will come out last. Fuck you @WWE.

People aren't turning on Punk because they are fickle, it's because his run has been terrible. You know that. Not his fault, sure, but still.

They're turning on him because all the momentum he had a year ago is gone. The WWE didn't capitalize on it. And it doesn't help he hasn't been in any meaningful program (buried by HHH, the terrible Jericho fued, etc). This could've been an okay program, but look at what they just did with Punk winning and no reason for AJ being in the match as special ref.

Glad Punk and Bryan are in the high midcard, but the company is not capitalizing like TNA has with Austin Aries, Bobby Roode or James Storm.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
flashy jacket jobber.

That sounds like something The Rock would call him. Just change jobber to jabroni.

Edit: This stupid Tout thing is going to be big for WWE if they start showing them on air. You know how many people are going to tune in just to see if they make it on Raw? Smart move by WWE, terrible for the rest of us.

Pimpwerx

Layla has really gotten a ton better. She'd never have been able to pull off a match like that before her break. I'm impressed. PEACE.

Eidan

To be a face in the WWE is to be neuteured. No way around it these days. Ziggler turns face, wins the WHC, and he'll follow the protocol.

1) Smile like a dope when coming in.
2) Tussle a kid's hair on the way down.
3) Promos will consist of calling the heels names, or saying "I'm going to kick your ass", followed by the heel running out of the ring.

I guess in that way I think Punk has been a pretty decent face.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the miz can take the contract and run back to the movies, only to cash it in the instant he returns.

Ithil

To be a face in the WWE is to be neuteured. No way around it these days. Ziggler turns face, wins the WHC, and he'll follow the protocol.

1) Smile like a dope when coming in.
2) Tussle a kid's hair on the way down.
3) Promos will consist of calling the heels names, or saying "I'm going to kick your ass", followed by the heel running out of the ring.

I guess in that way I think Punk has been a pretty decent face.

But that hasn't always been the way. Why does a face need to be a goody two shoes kid friendly faace?

KissVibes

Banned
Paige, shes on NXT now. She's great

Thanks, guess I'll have to watch NXT sometimes.

It's a shame they don't push the womens division. They have talented, good-looking ladies and it would make good PR as being a progressive company.

But that hasn't always been the way. Why does a face need to be a goody two shoes kid friendly faace?

Because WWE thinks wrestling is for children, they called their audience a bunch of 9 year olds a few weeks ago. They have almost zero appreciation for older fans.

Top Bottom