• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Does that band only do WWE themes? I never hear them except when they do somebody's theme.

Also, WWE needs to go back to getting music from all those bad, early 2000s, rock groups.

Kaladin

If I was going to Wrestlemania weekend, this is what I'd be doing:

Highspots and WWNLive.com will present the first annual WrestleCon on April 5th-7th, 2013 at the Meadowlands Expo Center on 355 Plaza Drive in Secaucus, New Jersey. This convention will feature legendary guests, vendors, $5 Wrestling and more. It will be the biggest weekend in independent wrestling history with six live shows from five uniquely different promotions. We will unveil the full schedule now.

We are proud to announce that Dragon Gate USA, CHIKARA, SHIMMER, Combat Zone Wrestling and EVOLVE will all present live events throughout the weekend. This makes WrestleCon the destination location of the year with the opportunity to see five distinct brands.

"This shows how strong and exciting independent wrestling can be," Sal Hamaoui of WWNLive, DGUSA and EVOLVE said. "It's something to see all these companies coming together. While we are all working together to make WrestleCon happen, there will be a lot of competition and pride on the line. Every promotion wants to put on the best show. This is going to make every event must see as everyone will put their best foot forward."

The schedule for WrestleCon is:

Friday, April 5th
4:00pm - EVOLVE
8:00pm - Combat Zone Wrestling

Saturday, April 6th
9am-5pm - WrestlExpo
12:00pm - SHIMMER
4:00pm - CHIKARA
8:00pm - Dragon Gate USA

Sunday, April 7th
9am-2pm - WrestlExpo
1pm - Dragon Gate USA

Stay tuned for an incredible list of guest and talent announcements. Tickets for all these events will go on sale on September 5th. More info on tickets will be released at www.WrestleCon.com soon.

Evolve, CZW, Shimmer, Chikara, DGUSA.......best of the indies right there.

Any rumblings from the dirt sheets (lol) yet, if the finish to the WC MITB match last night was supposed to end that way?

I'm sure Cena was set to win, but the actual ending seemed so unplanned.

If I was going to Wrestlemania weekend, this is what I'd be doing:

Highspots and WWNLive.com will present the first annual WrestleCon on April 5th-7th, 2013 at the Meadowlands Expo Center on 355 Plaza Drive in Secaucus, New Jersey. This convention will feature legendary guests, vendors, $5 Wrestling and more. It will be the biggest weekend in independent wrestling history with six live shows from five uniquely different promotions. We will unveil the full schedule now.

We are proud to announce that Dragon Gate USA, CHIKARA, SHIMMER, Combat Zone Wrestling and EVOLVE will all present live events throughout the weekend. This makes WrestleCon the destination location of the year with the opportunity to see five distinct brands.

"This shows how strong and exciting independent wrestling can be," Sal Hamaoui of WWNLive, DGUSA and EVOLVE said. "It's something to see all these companies coming together. While we are all working together to make WrestleCon happen, there will be a lot of competition and pride on the line. Every promotion wants to put on the best show. This is going to make every event must see as everyone will put their best foot forward."

The schedule for WrestleCon is:

Friday, April 5th
4:00pm - EVOLVE
8:00pm - Combat Zone Wrestling

Saturday, April 6th
9am-5pm - WrestlExpo
12:00pm - SHIMMER
4:00pm - CHIKARA
8:00pm - Dragon Gate USA

Sunday, April 7th
9am-2pm - WrestlExpo
1pm - Dragon Gate USA

Stay tuned for an incredible list of guest and talent announcements. Tickets for all these events will go on sale on September 5th. More info on tickets will be released at www.WrestleCon.com soon.

Evolve, CZW, Shimmer, Chikara, DGUSA.......best of the indies right there.
This is most of what I'll be doing.

NrUOj.png

i5s9k.png

Cena-fy one of those up, and it's a deal. I'm far too lazy to do it myself.

Great last FCW episode, and great conclusion to one of the greatest feuds in the last years of WWE.

Also your list lacks FCW matches.

Awesome episode

Also, FCW still does what I miss most about the current WWE- the incessant ringing of the bell when shit hits the fan. They just don't do that anymore!

Aiii

So not worth it
I do hope for Cena vs Punk vs Bryan at SummerSlam. Cena, with two top guys at least, can put on a good showing.

But I'm conflicted. AJ not choosing sides yesterday clearly indicates the storyline is going on, but Cena vs Punk seems set in stone, so why keep Bryan around?

I was so convinced last night would wrap up the story though. Maybe they're keeping the resolve for Raw 1000?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I do hope for Cena vs Punk vs Bryan at SummerSlam. Cena, with two top guys at least, can put on a good showing.

But I'm conflicted. AJ not choosing sides yesterday clearly indicates the storyline is going on, but Cena vs Punk seems set in stone, so why keep Bryan around?

I was so convinced last night would wrap up the story though. Maybe they're keeping the resolve for Raw 1000?
Hey, did you see AJ's new theme and titantron that they're debuting tonight? It's actually pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ek7MzCI2v4

somedevil

They could resolve it for the 1000 Raw, but I like the 3-way idea because the week before the crappy Raw they gave hints of Bryan versus Cena.

Also, the storyline could go on to Summerslam it all depends what Cena does with the case. He can cash it in at Summerslam or go with the idea that the Rock beats Punk at Royal Rumble and Cena cashes the case in at Wrestlemania.

The only thing I dont like about Ziggler winning MITB is that he really didnt need it.

I feel MITB is just the writing team being lazy and not coming up with a decent reason for him or another established star to win the belt.

Ziggler seems like the kind of guy who could have the title any month after winning some kind of number 1 contender battle royal or something.

I would rather it have gone to Rhodes who isnt quite on that level yet.

Same thing with Cena.... they just let him win because its the one thing he hasn't won yet so they put him in a gimped MITB match with fat people so he wouldn't get hurt.

It would have been nice for that contract gone to any number of other guys on the roster who WWE could have taken a chance on.

Heck I still think MITB should be about the lower / mid carders. the guys who are not always on every show, who dont wrestle every PPV.

They should put a MITB match back on mania and have the mania MITB contract be for ether title.

Anyone worth a damn would already have a match at mania WWE are basically forced to give it to someone lower on the card and give them a chance with the belt down the road with little to no creative needed.

You know come to think of it the only time WWE really took a chance with MITB to elevate a lower / mid card guy was probably Punk. Maybe Mr Kennedy as well but that didnt work out as planned.

edit.. oh and Swagger. didn't he win once as well? Yeah he sucked as champ but at least WWE took a chance.

He going to get the belt. The two options are one Cena has the belt and the Rock wins the Rumble or the Rock wins the title at the Rumble and Cena cashes in the briefcase.

I'm starting to think I need to take a step away from Wrestling for a bit. This talk is really depressing me.

Or it could be the bowl of plain oatmeal I just ate.

You guys know Ziggler is exactly where Del Rio was last year right?

Except much better in the ring and maybe on the mic?

Also, you could argue Del Rio was further ahead; he won the Royal Rumble, and the briefcase for the WWE title, not world title.

Oh and he actually won matches every now and then.

So is Bryan/Punk a rivalry if Bryan never beats Punk?

He beat him, just not for the title. Also he made Punk tap out, it just happened to be after his shoulders were on the mat for a three count.

This rivalry has felt much more balanced than, say, Orton-Christian last year.

somedevil

So is Bryan/Punk a rivalry if Bryan never beats Punk?

He has beat him on Raw matches. Also, he really never beaten him clean. One match, was a fluke win and this one took a table to beat him.

The question I have is lets say on Champion holds on to a belt for 7-12 monthes can any matches he has with a person multiple times be considered a rivalry?

DMczaf

This rivalry has felt much more balanced than, say, Orton-Christian last year.

That reminds me, remember Orton/Punk last year? Now THATS what you call a burial. Punk literally had zero buildup wins in that feud. Everything ended with Orton destroying SES and chasing them away.

That reminds me, remember Orton/Punk last year? Now THATS what you call a burial. Punk literally had zero buildup wins in that feud. Everything ended with Orton destroying SES and chasing them away.

Yeah that was pretty much every SES feud. Remember when all three of them lost to the Big Show at a PPV? That's why we all automatically figured Punk would walk last summer, heh.

But he did woo one of the fake wives from Orton's harem, I mean that has to count for something right?

Um that whole angle is being dropped obviously because Cena is back in the title picture, Thats why kane was randomly taken out of it
Super late on this, but I was just kidding about that. Clearly I need to work on my alternate 'smark-ass annoying little brother' gimmick in order to get better reactions.

Hi, my name is SpOOkyO. *shakes everybodies hands*

Been lurking for a long, long time and finally was approved.

I'm probably stuck in the undercard of Wrestle-/WrassleGaf, since I won't be able to watch this sports of ours live, because of the time diffrence, I'm from Germany and my busy work schedule.
On the other hand I save a lot of time watching it taped since I fast forward through most of the stuff, except anything with Daniel Bryan oder William Regal in it.

And now I will dance like "The Wunderkind - Alex Wright" in front of my computer, eventhough I'm at work.
Sorry no pics...
Welcome to the thread!
Be careful about dancing at work though, or else security may force you to leave the building. Like this:
alex-wright-no-dancing-o.gif

Also, according to Booker T, experienced referees never take bumps that knock them out. Apparently Booker has never watched a wrestling match in his life.
Booker did say a lot of stupid stuff last night; I mean, normally he says stupid stuff anyway, but last night it was as if he went out of his way to spread misinformation. It was around the point where he said that bit about refs not taking bumps where my friends said something like "what the fuck does that mean for Timmy White - you know what, fuck Booker T and fuck this company". And don't even get me started about the shit he said during the tag team match.

So, who feeds commentary their lines anyway? I know Vince is in Cole's ear, but do Lawler and Book have scripts or do they just call stuff as they see them?

somedevil

Wasn't it the New Nexus and not the SES Orton destroyed each week?

Aiii

So not worth it
Hi, my name is SpOOkyO. *shakes everybodies hands*

Been lurking for a long, long time and finally was approved.

I'm probably stuck in the undercard of Wrestle-/WrassleGaf, since I won't be able to watch this sports of ours live, because of the time diffrence, I'm from Germany and my busy work schedule.
On the other hand I save a lot of time watching it taped since I fast forward through most of the stuff, except anything with Daniel Bryan oder William Regal in it.

And now I will dance like "The Wunderkind - Alex Wright" in front of my computer, eventhough I'm at work.
Sorry no pics...

Welcome, wouldn't worry too much about the time difference. I'm Dutch and I feel I'm firmly established and could get that final push shortly.

It helps to have a "thing" though.

Alucard

Banned
Watching Impact from last Thursday. Play-by-play:

1. Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park - Good storytelling, though a little slow. Still, good highlight package to build up the encounter, and good mic work from Bully Ray. Solid. "That was you!" chant was the icing on the cake.

2. Bound for Glory - Samoa Joe vs. RVD - Okay match with 2-3 obvious botches. Still, liked the length, and some good power moves from Joe.

3. Christopher Daniels/Kazarian/Claire/AJ Styles - Got a good idea of what happened at the PPV despite not watching it, and good mic skills from everyone involved, minus Claire. The "You're the father of this baby!" line was really poorly acted, and AJ's reaction of "I don't know!" was kind of comedic. This is probably meant to be a serious storyline, but it's coming off as funny more than anything. Not sure why Daniels and Kazarian had to be in this to be honest. Could have just been Claire coming out and asking AJ to come out. Or it could have been done in a back room skit.

4. Zema Ion vs. some guy whose name I didn't catch - This Zema Ion guy looks like a fool. He's a champ? Okay...I guess. Some creative moves, and that finisher looks painful. Quick-but-entertaining match.

5. Austin Aries - Been a fan since Ring of Honor. Great on the mic, and tons of charisma. He's a great champion, and I hope TNA keeps the belt on him for a while. He's a guy who can lead a company like this. Sounds like he's ready to take the ball and run with it. He gave the belt a lot of importance with the way he talked about it and TNA in general. Well done, sir. Good feud continuation with Roode.

Top Bottom