• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Do you really feel that way, Beef?

Those segments are so terrible each week. The Vader one was alright though

Agreed. It was fun the first time, but in typical WWE fashion they've already worn out the novelty. Then again, I'm not big on one off nostalgia segments in general, especially when nothing is going to be built from any of this. Slater could be doing more in a tag team. Maybe some kind of rock band gimmick team with roadies and screaming fangirls. Crazy concept, I know.

Cagey

Banned
Apologies if on repeat, but just finished MITB and while FFx4 on the final segment after Cena won, I saw this...

xY5jv.png

:dead

So does Cena put a spinning US flag on the briefcase and then all briefcases from that point on look like that?

He only put spinners on his belts when he was in his vastly superior Thuganomics phase. WWE, for whatever reason, has been far too lazy to replace the belt even after the spinner broke.

Heath Slater has the mutant power of being able to passively summon celebrities and old wrestlers. Once he summons them. They attack due to the shock of the summoning and Slater's lack of control. I would
Ike for Slater to hone his abilities and use this power to chase the tag titles with a rotating cast of surprise legendary partners.

He only put spinners on his belts when he was in his vastly superior Thuganomics phase. WWE, for whatever reason, has been far too lazy to replace the belt even after the spinner broke.

I thought that it was removed after that "Rated-R Championship" phase; although for all I know, it being broken probably led to Edge's custom belt being made as a cover story for the spinner's removal.

Cagey

Banned
Yeah but think of all those previous people that bought belts. Now think what would happen if they released a new belt. All those people would buy a belt again!

That's the reason why I don't understand the belt change beyond "durr hurr Cena".

You update merch, and people will buy the new merch.

If I was going to Wrestlemania weekend, this is what I'd be doing:

Highspots and WWNLive.com will present the first annual WrestleCon on April 5th-7th, 2013 at the Meadowlands Expo Center on 355 Plaza Drive in Secaucus, New Jersey. This convention will feature legendary guests, vendors, $5 Wrestling and more. It will be the biggest weekend in independent wrestling history with six live shows from five uniquely different promotions. We will unveil the full schedule now.

We are proud to announce that Dragon Gate USA, CHIKARA, SHIMMER, Combat Zone Wrestling and EVOLVE will all present live events throughout the weekend. This makes WrestleCon the destination location of the year with the opportunity to see five distinct brands.

"This shows how strong and exciting independent wrestling can be," Sal Hamaoui of WWNLive, DGUSA and EVOLVE said. "It's something to see all these companies coming together. While we are all working together to make WrestleCon happen, there will be a lot of competition and pride on the line. Every promotion wants to put on the best show. This is going to make every event must see as everyone will put their best foot forward."

The schedule for WrestleCon is:

Friday, April 5th
4:00pm - EVOLVE
8:00pm - Combat Zone Wrestling

Saturday, April 6th
9am-5pm - WrestlExpo
12:00pm - SHIMMER
4:00pm - CHIKARA
8:00pm - Dragon Gate USA

Sunday, April 7th
9am-2pm - WrestlExpo
1pm - Dragon Gate USA

Stay tuned for an incredible list of guest and talent announcements. Tickets for all these events will go on sale on September 5th. More info on tickets will be released at www.WrestleCon.com soon.

Evolve, CZW, Shimmer, Chikara, DGUSA.......best of the indies right there.

I'm iffy on a Mania trip this year based on what I'm thinking the card will be. This however has pushed me a little bit more towards biting the bullet and going again. WrestleCon sounds like nirvana to me. Seeing all the friends I made this year at Mania again is the main reason I'd be going though. There are so many radical wrasslin fans to shoot the shit with the entire weekend.

I thought that it was removed after that "Rated-R Championship" phase; although for all I know, it being broken probably led to Edge's custom belt being made as a cover story for the spinner's removal.

Nah. The spinner on the belt broke, so they changed it slightly to make it completely stationary.

I missed MitB last night due to a blackout for my whole block last night, watching it now. At the Smackdown MitB match so far w/ running commentary....

tumblr_lrqnwqBGnm1r3v5tpo1_500.jpg

Amazing, his 1st major PPV match back and Sin Botcha nearly puts 2 guys on the shelf.

WTF why was Santino holding onto the Ladder? OH THE BOTCHES.

This is so much shit in the ring I'm stunned no one is seriously hurt.

Well Santino is dead.

.. holy fucking shit Tyson Kidd deserved a push after whatever the FUCK that move was.

JESUS CHRIST Sandow ate a Ladder to the head. Damn Christian WTF?

tumblr_lrqmvcJizo1r3v5tpo1_500.png

OMG ZIGGLER IS DEAD, FUCKING BLACKOUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAPPEN YESTERDAY???

Well there goes Tyson Kidd. Fuck!

SPEAR OF A LADDER? HOLY SHIT WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

OMG DOLPH WON! Amazing match!

Sokantish

I missed MitB last night due to a blackout for my whole block last night, watching it now. At the Smackdown MitB match so far w/ running commentary....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqnwqBGnm1r3v5tpo1_500.jpg[IMG]

Amazing, his 1st major PPV match back and Sin Botcha nearly puts 2 guys on the shelf.

WTF why was Santino holding onto the Ladder? OH THE BOTCHES.

This is so much shit in the ring I'm stunned no one is seriously hurt.

Well Santino is dead.

.. holy fucking shit Tyson Kidd deserved a push after whatever the FUCK that move was.

JESUS CHRIST Sandow ate a Ladder to the head. Damn Christian WTF?

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqmvcJizo1r3v5tpo1_500.png[IMG]

OMG ZIGGLER IS DEAD, FUCKING BLACKOUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAPPEN YESTERDAY???

Well there goes Tyson Kidd. Fuck!

SPEAR OF A LADDER? HOLY SHIT WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

OMG DOLPH [B]WON![/B] Amazing match![/QUOTE]

I really liked that match, it did have quite a few botches in it but I didn't really mind by the end of it. At least no one got hurt. At least for now it seems that way

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

*reads the rest of the thread*

...y'know, you folks don't have to latch onto and mimic every little thing that draws attention from the discussion.
Yeah guys, stick with the thought provoking discussion about why the spinner belt doesn't spin anymore.

Lighten up, people. There's plenty of room here for BS and actual discussion. Besides, at this point, the nonsense in this thread only reflects the nonsense the WWE is putting on.

Top Bottom