• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Daniel Bryan and AJ's wedding to go along perfectly AS PLANNED. No interference at all. You heard it here first.

The whole angle has been blue balling us, every PPV since WM its like SOMETHING IS GONNA HAPPEN then it doesn't lol.

LOVE is the payoff.

Raw
's first hour
ends with and they lived happily ever after.

Aiii

So not worth it
Clearly Cena is gonna go full-on movie spoof mode and feud with himself.

He's gonna do full-on Gollum. He'll be good-Cena versus evil-Cena. The difference being that he acts exactly the same in both roles, but after every sentence he'll turn his cap backwards and back front to indicate which Cena we're seeing.

Production will fuck up most cameraswitches so we see him changing his cap everytime of course. Good-Cena will call out Evil-Cena and tell him he's not real and he's just Cena with his cap backwards and nobody will actually believe he exists.

All this culminates in a 20-minute no holds barred match on PPV where evil-Cena beats up good-Cena for 19-minutes after which Good-cena overcomes, gives himself the 5-MOD and wins the match.

Striker

King of the Ring obviously... but we'll have to wait till next year. And that IC title has escaped his grasp too long.

Also Cena has a combined reign of 1058 days compared to Hogan at 2185.
Hogan's reigns were in the midst of a select number of shows per year, and just four or five PPV's per year. Long reigns weren't necessarily surprising then. The titles were always on the big, household names, as well. Different, but whatever.

Ryback vs. Cena.
They will eventually, I'm sure. Joy.

jmdajr

Hogan's reigns were in the midst of a select number of shows per year, and just four or five PPV's per year. Long reigns weren't necessarily surprising then. The titles were always on the big, household names, as well. Different, but whatever.

Why must you doubt Cena! We have another decade to go!

MC Safety

I watched Raw last night, and it seems to me if you have Chris Jericho and Dolph ZZZigler doing a bit where they're talking, you let the guy who can speak well talk more than the boring dude who repeats himself three or four times in the span of five seconds.

WWE paired Zigler up with Mrs. Guerrero for a reason.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
No way Ryback can keep up with Cena.

More on Reigns...

Cm Punk 240+
Bret Hart 248
JBL 280!
Yokozuna 280
Ultimate Warrior 293
Diesel 358 :( (longest reigning champ of the 90s)
Randy Savage 371
John Cena 380

For Punk to beat Cena's record he would have to hold the belt until just before the TLC PPV in December.

Sokantish

Bret Hart is gonna come out and cost CM Punk the title just so he doesn't go past his record.

Like Bret Hart could get to the ring in time

I watched Raw last night, and it seems to me if you have Chris Jericho and Dolph ZZZigler doing a bit where they're talking, you let the guy who can speak well talk more than the boring dude who repeats himself three or four times in the span of five seconds.

I do not appreciate this joke. Not one bit.

jmdajr

I kinda want Steph to be the new GM.
pWb7Z.gif

Ithil

Ziggler is one of the best on the microphone they've got right now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Really couldn't disagree anymore. That promo last night was superb all around, Ziggler doesn't need Vickie and Jericho managed to create a feud without saying a word.

Sokantish

I just hope since Ziggler is a show off he doesn't feel the need to put up his case against Jericho because he's so confident and then ends up losing it. He'll probably be the first guy to lose on a cash-in attempt anyway, I guess...

MC Safety

Really couldn't disagree anymore. That promo last night was superb all around, Ziggler doesn't need Vickie and Jericho managed to create a feud without saying a word.

It was superb? Zigler fumbling around for a different word? Jericho standing there? The crowd halfheartedly throwing out chants left and right because the energy was nonexistent and plummeting?

I guess we agree to disagree.

Sokantish

It was nice hearing TRUTH BOMBS, MC Safety. Although I do think Jericho should have replied, maybe they didn't want to because they wanted to make him seem so sad

I'm glad AJ took after this classic for her ref outfit

06_HBKRef_51099.jpg

SMUGGLING BANANA SHORTS, should've been at WM.

Hmm people thought Ziggler's promo was good? I like Ziggler but when he's put ont he spot like that he tends to bumble, the promo was merely okay and that he kept repeating himself, granted Jericho just standing there with cena smug face for the whole thing didn't help.

SMUGGLING BANANA SHORTS, should've been at WM.

Hmm people thought Ziggler's promo was good? I like Ziggler but when he's put ont he spot like that he tends to bumble, the promo was merely okay and that he kept repeating himself, granted Jericho just standing there with cena smug face for the whole thing didn't help.

I thought it was good but you could tell he was nervous. For one, he pulled the mic away too quickly a few times and he trailed off. Two, he couldn't ad lib an extra 5 seconds while he was waiting to take the codebreaker from Jericho.

That said, he's far from JoMo territory, and I think he'll be just fine.

Alucard

Banned
So, does anyone actually think that Cena won't be champion by the end of Raw 1000? I mean, I would love it if Punk was somehow able to retain the belt, or if someone ran in to help Punk, or there was a DQ, and the end of Raw 1000 was a huge posse beating the crap out of Cena in the middle of the ring. This would usher in the "anti-Cena era" where he no longer overcomes all odds. Odds overcome him. YEAH.

Really though, I'm already prepared for Cena winning the belt next Monday. Anyone acting angry when it happens just...shouldn't. You know it's coming.

the end of Raw 1000 was a huge posse beating the crap out of Cena in the middle of the ring. This would usher in the "anti-Cena era" where he no longer overcomes all odds. Odds overcome him. YEAH.

They did this two years ago with Nexus. He overcame SO MANY odds that summer. SO MANY.

I thought it was good but you could tell he was nervous. For one, he pulled the mic away too quickly a few times and he trailed off. Two, he couldn't ad lib an extra 5 seconds while he was waiting to take the codebreaker from Jericho.

That said, he's far from JoMo territory, and I think he'll be just fine.

Yeah that makes sense, I did notice his sentences cutting off into silence, kind of odd as it was like a rookie mistake made more than once.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So, does anyone actually think that Cena won't be champion by the end of Raw 1000? I mean, I would love it if Punk was somehow able to retain the belt, or if someone ran in to help Punk, or there was a DQ, and the end of Raw 1000 was a huge posse beating the crap out of Cena in the middle of the ring. This would usher in the "anti-Cena era" where he no longer overcomes all odds. Odds overcome him. YEAH.

Really though, I'm already prepared for Cena winning the belt next Monday. Anyone acting angry when it happens just...shouldn't. You know it's coming.

I fully expect Cena to get screwed out of the title and the show ending with Punk saying they'll settle it at SS.

Sokantish

I wonder what's going to happen, because they already clearly know no one thinks Punk is a real champ because he hasn't beaten Cena in the past few months I guess? So would they let Punk beat Cena clean... or will they just go ahead and prove everyone right by letting Cena win it?

Alucard

Banned
Man, I would love an extended Jericho/Ziggler feud that has Ziggler becoming champion at some point, and then Jericho taking the title away from him. Chris has been putting guys over for a long time now; it's time for him to get back into the spotlight at least one last time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk is special in a way I guess, he's the only one in the past year aside from Rock that beat Cena clean. So yeah, I'm on the fence, could go either way and hopefully it will be the right way.

But Cena getting the title is inevitable though, so why not now?

Paracelsus

I thought that too Paracelsus, but I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan said that a lot too.

I think Ziggler getting screwed then winning a fatal four way/triple threat at Summerslam against a super heel and a run-of-the-mill face would push him much more than cashing in.

I mean, when it has been the last time a MITB winner after cashing in became permanent maineventer? Miz failed, Swagger failed even harder, Del Rio is only partially to blame but after losing the WWE title he won nothing, he's more like a glorified midcarder than a maineventer. Even the same CM Punk benefitted more from feuding with Cena than cashing in TWICE.

FYI in case you guys miss it in the 1000th Raw topic, I'm making some bingo cards for it. PM me some suggested things for the cards, I need...75 of em, and I'm getting a little tapped out in the 40s :)

Toki767

Punk is special in a way I guess, he's the only one in the past year aside from Rock that beat Cena clean. So yeah, I'm on the fence, could go either way and hopefully it will be the right way.

But Cena getting the title is inevitable though, so why not now?

Edge and RVD are the only ones who really benefited from winning MITB. Punk's second MITB win was going along great until they fed him to the Undertaker in a minute.

McNei1y

Man, I would love an extended Jericho/Ziggler feud that has Ziggler becoming champion at some point, and then Jericho taking the title away from him. Chris has been putting guys over for a long time now; it's time for him to get back into the spotlight at least one last time.

Thats exactly what I've been thinking. Jericho won't be around long enough for a back and forth title exchange. I want Jericho to have success for a stint. Ziggler was completely right: he hasn't won anything in awhile "yeah you cant remember either?"(x2)

Also, aren't the cases transferrable now? I have a feeling ziggler will lose his :/

Top Bottom