• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

This is rather tame on the side of ISW. I mean, they did have a panda get mutilated and raped. And an alcoholic tiger who sexually abused Beef Wellington

Oh I know, I was just using the context to explain how the topic of a professional wrestling mad scientist came up

Sokantish

"At the PPV, Kane won the SmackDown Money in the Bank match. He cashed it in the same night by defeating Rey Mysterio to win the World Heavyweight Championship. He also became the quickest man to cash in the briefcase" that's what Wiki says

Alucard

Banned
Dixie Carter just announced on Twitter that TNA has signed Austin Aries to a long term deal.

Good for them! Aries has the charisma and ability to carry a brand. He was great in ROH, and he'll be great in TNA. I'm more interested in tuning into Impact just because of him and because it seems like TNA is gaining some traction.

thx for the help.

But Punk came close to being the only person to lose match

Not entirely true. For some fucking reason they were letting Cena dominate RVD in their match at One Night Stand. Eventually Biker Helmet Edge™ had to intervene in order to ensure that Cena lost.
This cash in seems to be ignored in general, as they're treating Cena like some fucking righteous hero for giving Punk prep-time.

I think there have been a few since the '09 cash in where they've let the beaten down champ kick out one time before being pinned.

Sid

The upcoming jericho vs ziggler feud has the potential to be something great,would nicely setup a proper whc angle i hope wwe won't screw it up

The upcoming jericho vs ziggler feud has the potential to be something great,would nicely setup a proper whc angle i hope wwe won't screw it up
Jericho would have to job, but it'll be good in rehabbing Ziggler. His character needs it in light of his dropped push and losing streak.

Speaking of streaks. Wonder why they're trying to show chinks/mortality with Ryback (the PPV and with the All American American Loser).

Speaking of streaks. Wonder why they're trying to show chinks/mortality with Ryback (the PPV and with the All American American Loser).

It gives the illusion that Ryback could possibly lose, which gets people interested because now you have people saying "gee, I need to keep watching or I might miss his match where he loses!" It also makes those wrestlers who actually harm him look better than they have been. Swagger looked good in that match until he decided to keep using Roar against Rhydon.

Sid

Jericho would have to job, but it'll be good in rehabbing Ziggler. His character needs it in light of his dropped push and losing streak.

I think this is truly the time when jericho's losing streak ends,ziggler becomes whc followed by jericho and wwe's just wasting the talent of swagger while still being a bit confused about ryberg

G-Fex

He's just like Mother Brain.

Just when you think you've got him down and broken his glass case.

He rises up and turns into a fucking giant monster dinosaur thing and kills you.

Stop messing with me Beef, I know you don't mean that

Nope, I seriously like Ryback. Dude has grown on me, and I want to see him win more matches.

FEED. ME. MOAR.
He's just like Mother Brain.

Just when you think you've got him down and broken his glass case.

He rises up and turns into a fucking giant monster dinosaur thing and kills you.

I'm still laughing at when you put on the Ryback music for Kraid. :lol

I think this is truly the time when jericho's losing streak ends,ziggler becomes whc followed by jericho and wwe's just wasting the talent of swagger while still being a bit confused about ryberg
I think Jericho continuing to lose will continue, since Dolph needs the rub more. He's coming off the Money in the Bank, and they have to legitimize him as a contender/threat, unless they pull another Bryan (Doh).

Jericho is supposed to go on another tour, and this will give the WWE and him time to figure out what they want to do with his character. Just like his 06 return, the reaction and character have been flat.

And Ryback's character seems like a troll, especially with the handicap matches and feed me more line.

And whoever posted that Goldberg Paul Wight clip deserves props. It was hype with the way he speared him and did the jack hammer. Goldberg was the last good idea of WCW.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best: The Terrifying Notion That John Cena Could Swoop In And Steal Your Relevancy At Any Moment

I think I’ve found a way to stop worrying and enjoy the “coolest person in the room” slash “Triple H’s jacket buddy” babyface CM Punk.

Punk’s biggest strengths have always been 1) a massive, massive ego and 2) sounding like he believes everything he says. Part of the reason I haven’t been enjoying him since … well, last August, is because so much of what he began to say sounded like deeply-scripted fan-pandering. Why are you calling John Laurinaitis an “ugly dork” or whatever when he represents the soulless chain of command you fought so hard to get in a word with edgewise? You got at least 20 opportunities to stand across from the Worst Man In Wrestling and tell him what you think, how you feel, how ALL of us feel about Hawaiian Tropic models and bodybuilders getting signed and pushed at the expense of hardworking people like yourself who toiled in armories and civic centers across the country because they love pro wrestling and you’re calling him an ugly dork? The voice of the voiceless became the Voice Of The People In WWE Shirts On Tout, and that was depressing.

All that being said, I’m enjoying the slow, steady burn of CM Punk as a guy who can hold the top championship in the pro wrestling world for almost an entire year uninterrupted and still not get treated like the ace of the promotion, because there’s always someone more important than him to focus on. That’s what Eve said to him point blank last week — he’s not as important to WWE as The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H or John Cena. Punk responds with NUH UH I’M THE BEST IN THE WORLD, because to him, to a WRESTLING FAN, being the champion means you’re the best and most important. But the casual fan world has moved beyond that, and they only care about what the big names are doing, whether they’ve got a title belt or not. In fact, having a belt means you’re on the show less frequently than guys like Alberto Del Rio. The biggest perk of being champ now is getting on the first page of the roster slideshow on WWE.com.

I can start to identify with Punk again because he’s starting to realize it. He’s too proud to face it, but being the “best in the world” is f**king meaningless and having the respect of THESE PEOPLE gets you nowhere. His brain won’t let him think something else, but now people like Eve and Big Show — people who have been systematically treated like dogshit by the WWE brass — are saying it to his face. He’s a cog in the machine that runs to sell John Cena t-shirts.

If Raw 1000′s title match leads to something more important at SummerSlam, let it be Emotionally Indifferent Corporate Dynasty John Cena taking on the Voice Of The Voiceless who took on the monster from the inside and got lost within it.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/07/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-71612

I won't take Ziggler seriously until he loses all that pink attire and buttcape.

People like you are the reason for black trunks and kickpads everywhere. Ziggler has a great look. In fact, I hope he starts overdressing like HBK used to. Pink shirt + buttcape + chaps + gladiator vest + earrings + WWE Title.

And Beef is Jannettying again, surprise surprise.

sajj316

I don't think there's enough to feed Ryback

He won't be taken seriously until he "shell shocks" someone like the Big Show or Mark Henry. He needs to start throwing around heavy weights.

For those that weren't impressed with his triple power bomb last night, Swagger is 260 lbs. That's a dead lift to at least shoulder length three times towards the end of the match.

Sokantish

He won't be taken seriously until he "shell shocks" someone like the Big Show or Mark Henry. He needs to start throwing around heavy weights.

For those that weren't impressed with his triple power bomb last night, Swagger is 260 lbs. That's a dead lift to at least shoulder length three times towards the end of the match.

I could do that with one arm, big whoop!

Not entirely true. For some fucking reason they were letting Cena dominate RVD in their match at One Night Stand. Eventually Biker Helmet Edge™ had to intervene in order to ensure that Cena lost.
This cash in seems to be ignored in general, as they're treating Cena like some fucking righteous hero for giving Punk prep-time.

I think there have been a few since the '09 cash in where they've let the beaten down champ kick out one time before being pinned.

I would thought the Punk cash in against Jeff Hardy would be the closest to a lost. Hardy had him in small package and Punk barely kicked out. I believe he had to use the GTS twice to defeat Hardy after Hardy had a gruely match.

Ultratech

does anybody here in wresslegaf have Daniel Bryan beard?

Two weeks ago. Wasn't quite as full, but it was close.
But I decided to shave it for a friend's wedding to impress the ladies. (Sadly, that went miserably as there were no single ladies. I still stand baffled as to how that occurred.)

Kyoufu

I won't take Ryback seriously until he stops bobbing his head to his own music.

What a buzz kill.

1342496826079.gif

Miz needs to keep the new look

People like you are the reason for black trunks and kickpads everywhere. Ziggler has a great look. In fact, I hope he starts overdressing like HBK used to. Pink shirt + buttcape + chaps + gladiator vest + earrings + WWE Title.

And Beef is Jannettying again, surprise surprise.

HEY. You said it yourself that This Business™ is too grounded in Reality™, so let me enjoy my gotdamn cartoony squash machines, ok™? I ain't asking for him to get the Big Gold Belt™ or anything.
I won't take Ryback seriously until he stops bobbing his head to his own music.

What a buzz kill.

It's catchy music, doe.

Kyoufu

You know who Ryback needs to slaughter?

Kane.

Then he'll rip off Kane's mask and eat it.

Soulplaya would kamehameha himself.

I remember a wrestler often sang to his music too coming down to the ring..Popular wrestler too. I gotta go check the archives

It's no buzz kill.

That's not the point though. Shawn Michaels can sing along to his own music, that's fine. But Ryback's gimmick is supposed to be menacing and unstoppable.

Terrible.

Goldberg didn't bob his head like he was in a club. He came out to kick some ass!
Goldberg's music wasn't catchy though. It was like a funeral was taking place.

...Actually, I guess that fits.
You know who Ryback needs to slaughter?

Kane.

Then he'll rip off Kane's mask and eat it.

As much as I would enjoy Kane losing again, Ryback needs to stay away from supernatural crap. Arrive. FEED. Leave. That's it.

Top Bottom