• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Razorskin

----- ------
Watching NXT, and it's fast on its way to far eclipsing RAW and SD as their best show.

The whole show feels very fresh because of the young FCW roster, it's been entirely focused on wrestling matches, the Full Sail crowd has been hot all tapings, and it's apparently getting its own title soon?

Also, Justin Gabriel's hair is ridiculous looking.

Yeah, some Gaffer took a pic of the belt at the tapings.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's obvious. Something fishy will happen to justify a rematch.

But the title changing can justify a rematch.

Also I'm sure Vince would LOOOOVE to have Cener winning the belt at the 1000th ep of Raw to be one of those "Raw Moments" that have been brought up the past couple of weeks.

Ithil

Wait hold up? They do these shows in Central Florida?

Man I really should get around to going to one then since I live in Orlando :/

Yeah the new NXT show is taped at Full Sail University. So far it's working great, the crowd is a big step up in size from FCW's gym, so the young wrestlers can get used to working/cutting promos in front of a a lot of people, but it's still small enough so the place has a cool intimate/indie type vibe.

The only thing I am wondering about is what they view NXT as for certain people. Like, do the WWE see it as a training place for young guys for TV, or a place for low card guys to be on the card, or just a stepping stone for some guys to go to for a while before heading to the main roster?

Actually now that I think about it, it really should be all three of those at least.

somedevil

But the title changing can justify a rematch.

Also I'm sure Vince would LOOOOVE to have Cener winning the belt at the 1000th ep of Raw to be one of those "Raw Moments" that have been brought up the past couple of weeks.

I hope not. The rumors are saying that the big summer angle will happen at the end of Raw. I bets its not Cena winning unless that leads to someone turning heel.

Kaladin

553446_10150970461031443_1798185262_n.jpg

Sigh.

Ithil

Yeah, some Gaffer took a pic of the belt at the tapings.

Looked up pictures, can't say the title belt looks very good, but a championship to organise main events of the show around is a good idea.

Seems like NXT is pretty replacing FCW's TV show wholesale?

Bowser

Looked up pictures, can't say the title belt looks very good, but a championship to organise main events of the show around is a good idea.

It looks like a cross between the Divas title and TNA's X division belt :/

They'd better not show any of these on RAW.

You know they are going to.

CHALLENGE: Any person here who can get themselves Tout-ing on Raw wins the WrassleGAF World Title.

I hope not... focusing too much on always having the same guy on television main events is sucking the fun out of Raw/Smackdown!

Just once I'd like to see an IC Match close out a Raw

Aiii

So not worth it
Didn't think the tout stuff was that bad actually. They kept it short and the few they picked weren't too awful.

Not needed, true, but not as bad as the first few weeks they did the twitter stuff.

Novid

Banned
NXT is too good of a show right now. They shouldnt get rid of FCW but i understand why they want to make NXT the third brand. The Brand as a whole is so top heavy is not even funny.

Ithil

NXT is too good of a show right now. They shouldnt get rid of FCW but i understand why they want to make NXT the third brand. The Brand as a whole is so top heavy is not even funny.

As far as I know, only FCW TV is being axed, the promotion is still running house shows, and it's staying as a developmental program.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Didn't think the tout stuff was that bad actually. They kept it short and the few they picked weren't too awful.

Not needed, true, but not as bad as the first few weeks they did the twitter stuff.

They've only put it on one Raw and one SD so far. 3 hour Raws are where Raw gets... #RAWactive. It will get worse before it gets better.

Toki767

The one thing I don't like about NXT is that their main events just basically feature WWE jobbers. They aren't making their new stars look too good when Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis are in the main event. Other than that, I sure miss hearing JR on commentary. I'd watch the show just for him and Regal on commentary alone.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The one thing I don't like about NXT is that their main events just basically feature WWE jobbers. They aren't making their new stars look too good when Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis are in the main event. Other than that, I sure miss hearing JR on commentary. I'd watch the show just for him and Regal on commentary alone.

Completely agree. This is what I said a few weeks back, too. I turned it on and it was Tyson Kidd and Hunico in the ring or something. WTF? Get these people on SD, not NXT.

I wanna see brand new faces on NXT. People like Kidd, Hunico etc should be wrestling regularly on the main rosters not main eventing NXT.

krae_man

Tout could be amazing is someone manages to sneak through a troll.

Maybe we'll get something as hilarious as Vince getting Rickrolled on live TV.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Those are some crazy stats. I had no idea The Miz was on RAW that many times.

And evidently the Divas title has never been defended on RAW lol.

Those Raw stats confirm that Trips, Jericho and Kane are now Raw personified (suck it Cena, you've yet to breach 300), they should have a segment next week where they are all awarded medals on a podium just so HHH can beat Jericho and Kane once again with his superior gold medal.

G-Fex

Thanks for all the Congrats guys! Mom and the baby are doing well! 8 pounds 3oz. , 21 inches and happy.

The bundle of joy is named Katie, and she will never be allowed to drive with anyone named Kane!

The King of Games congratulates you and shakes your hand.

Kyoufu

Remember when they showed Rock taking Stone Cold's skull title?

I bet he comes in, steals the belt. Says if you want this piece of trash back you'll have to beat me at some PPV and then leaves.

Pimpwerx

I can understand Albany getting lots of shows. The Knickerbocker...I mean Pepsi Arena sells out for the shows. However, I don't understand why Poughkeepsie got that many shows. Wow! And given how Miami absolutely rocked the best WM and Raw of the last decade, I don't know why we don't get more shows down here.

The Rock should have had more Raw matches, but I guess they used him to build the Smackdown audience back in the UPN days. PEACE.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Thanks for all the Congrats guys! Mom and the baby are doing well! 8 pounds 3oz. , 21 inches and happy.

The bundle of joy is named Katie, and she will never be allowed to drive with anyone named Kane!

*shakes hand*

Congratulations.

I hope your name isn't Vick.

----

Infographic

How long was Bubba Ray dudley with the WWE? 6 years and 164 matches? That's like 27 matches a year. So he was wrestling basically every other week.

Sad that Toronto isn't on that list of most hosted RAW cities. :( It should be in the 30's atleast. Ideally, TO should have RAW/Smackdown once a year each.

Undertaker at 159? Considering he was there from the start, wow! But he hasn't been consistent since what, 2004?

Carnby

I can understand Albany getting lots of shows. The Knickerbocker...I mean Pepsi Arena sells out for the shows. However, I don't understand why Poughkeepsie got that many shows. Wow! And given how Miami absolutely rocked the best WM and Raw of the last decade, I don't know why we don't get more shows down here.

The Rock should have had more Raw matches, but I guess they used him to build the Smackdown audience back in the UPN days. PEACE.

It's the Times Union Center now. Plus, there have been a lot of historical moments in Albany. The New DX forming, Austin's beer truck, and Ric Flair, Kurt Angle and Edge all won their first WWE Champion belt.

Razorskin

----- ------
Cena can always use what I call "Bullshit in the Bank" where you get a title match for no good reason after the champ has already defended in the same night.
Examples include Elimination Chamber 2010 and Raw last year, listen to how JR tries to justify Cena deserving a rematch there, shameful!

That was horrible, seeing Rey all excited, being sprayed with champagne and talking about how he's going to bring the Championship home to his kids...

Fuck you Cena.

somedevil

That was horrible, seeing Rey all excited, being sprayed with champagne and talking about how he's going to bring the Championship home to his kids...

Fuck you Cena.

Cena is basically money in the bank. You can cash in your Cena for a main event match at any Raw or pay per view event!

KyEzY.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm amazed how few submission matches there have been. I get why, but many I remember so many in the 90s and somehow I guess I forgot they were mostly WCW or Heat.

Just saw the vignette for Big E Langston, dude looks crazy.

I can't wait until they start firing people again and do what they started with Ezekiel and do with Big E instead.

wasn't there a period where stone cold missed alot of time?

Any chance to E bringing back all the clans that were formed during the RAW era?

Brood
DX
SES
etc..

Top Bottom