• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

image.php

"your sure love wiping your snake out in front of other men"

image.php

But its not just Cena its every face in the damn company who has this problem.

No aggression, No passion. Its all just making stupid jokes about your opponent and acting like you don't give a fuck.

The only face in the company who doesn't seem to be a cocky jackass 90% of the time is Triple H. He was pretty good and wasn't just making dick jokes for most of his recent feuds with Punk, Nash and taker but I wouldn't call anything about those feuds great or anything.

G-Fex

Prototype Cena has 3 prime directives.

1. Be sure to fully annoy/bother all smarks everywhere.
2. Never sell anything outside merchandise.
3. Rise above hate.

Chopper

Here is the Documentary that aired in England about Paige FCW wrestling family and her coming to the WWE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2HiVuxPHPQ
I posted this last night, but it got lost in midnight wrassle gaf madness. I thought it was really good. Paige looks like a legitimate talent.

What also struck me was how simple it seemed to get signed by the WWE! I mean, it seemed as though as long as you're good, which after 5 years training or whatever you could be, make sure you are stacked and toned (the hardest bit), and make sure you get an in to one of the UK tryouts when they tour the country and it looks like any enthusiastic UK talent would have a chance. I mean, they signed Britani on the spot! I'm sure it is much more complicated, but that really is how it seemed!

The only face in the company who doesn't seem to be a cocky jackass 90% of the time is Triple H. He was pretty good and wasn't just making dick jokes for most of his recent feuds with Punk, Nash and taker but I wouldn't call anything about those feuds great or anything.

His Punk feud was godawful because they were both unrepentant dicks who were talking in insider termz for no damn reason

But otherwise I agree with you. Unfortunately they want every single "Face of the Company" to be a cartoon parallel of The Rock (with bits of Austin), rather than letting anyone succeed or fail as a something different.

But its not just Cena its every face in the damn company who has this problem.

No aggression, No passion. Its all just making stupid jokes about your opponent and acting like you don't give a fuck.

Let's not forget that Face HHH spent an entire year with HBK making dick jokes to the point there was even a "Vince loves cock" t-shirt. Maybe now he's just burnt out on his penis profanity.
But yes the underlying point tha every main event face is some smug git who treats his opponent like a joke half the time is very much true, even Sheamus just seems to chuckle away at his worthless challengers.

Kaladin

Let's not forget that Face HHH spent an entire year with HBK making dick jokes to the point there was even a "Vince loves cock" t-shirt. Maybe now he's just burnt out on his penis profanity.
But yes the underlying point tha every main event face is some smug git who treats his opponent like a joke half the time is very much true, even Sheamus just seems to chuckle away at his worthless challengers.

If you want a smug git who treats his opponents like a joke whenever he's given a mic, look no further than Kofi Kingston. Outside of his feud with Orton, his only come-back to anything a heel has to say to him is "Why don't you just shut up." It's like that is all Kofi has in his vocabulary.

Ithil

I posted this last night, but it got lost in midnight wrassle gaf madness. I thought it was really good. Paige looks like a legitimate talent.

What also struck me was how simple it seemed to get signed by the WWE! I mean, it seemed as though as long as you're good, which after 5 years training or whatever you could be, make sure you are stacked and toned (the hardest bit), and make sure you get an in to one of the UK tryouts when they tour the country and it looks like any enthusiastic UK talent would have a chance. I mean, they signed Britani on the spot! I'm sure it is much more complicated, but that really is how it seemed!

Well I'd say it's easier for a talented woman to get a development contract. I mean, she was a hell of a find I'm sure from the talent scouts perspective. She was attractive, already trained, young, with a very different look to most Divas in the WWE. Probably seemed like a no brainer to offer her a development contract.

They even mention in the documentary that it's very hard for men to get development deals, as even at those tryouts they have a lot of men there to see, probably not many women (I can't image the model types they recruit a lot attend tryouts, they come in through other channels).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I post promos from Jake, Brody, and old ECW stuff, and you fucks make it into a discussion about Cena?!

*Looks closer* Are some of you having a debate about why some divas don't have last names anymore?!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

how would wresslegaf create the perfect face? and remember, you want to sell merch!

Perfect "face" or perfect "face of the company"?

I would never surround every single episode of every Raw around the same face for one. I think all they need to do is let everyone have time to build a fanbase. They're so focused on just one or two dudes moving all of the merchandise that they neglect the rest. Then the top guys have the burden of trying to be all things to all people, when they could probably move as many shirts (or more) if they didn't kill personalities at the top.

Prior to Summer of Punk I couldn't even buy one of his shirts at a Raw taping.

I post promos from Jake, Brody, and old ECW stuff, and you fucks make it into a discussion about Cena?!

*Looks closer* Are some of you having a debate about why some divas don't have last names anymore?!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

Poor Kane lost his last name along with his doctorate.

If you want a smug git who treats his opponents like a joke whenever he's given a mic, look no further than Kofi Kingston. Outside of his feud with Orton, his only come-back to anything a heel has to say to him is "Why don't you just shut up." It's like that is all Kofi has in his vocabulary.

Cut the man some slack, he gets like 10 seconds every 3 months to do a promo, not much time to say anything but "yeah well, screw you pal!"
I wouldn't say he was very smug about it, he tends to pout.

this truth upsets me

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cut the man some slack, he gets like 10 seconds every 3 months to do a promo, not much time to say anything but "yeah well, screw you pal!"

this truth upsets me
Kofi sucks, and as long as he has no gimmick (a West African pretending to be Jamaican?), he's going nowhere. I even thought his work during the Orton feud sucked. Beating up a stock car? So?

wwe uploaded Superstars. im confused again. for some reason i thought NXT replaced Superstars.

NXT replaced ECW.

Superstars was originally intended to be a Saturday morning wrestling program featuring top-tier but not quite main event level stars. Then it just became the lower midcard show that they keep producing to meet international commitments.

Kaladin

this truth upsets me

Rey Mysterio does about the same thing....I think that was his entire part of the script for his feud with Punk and the SES if I remember correctly.

bangai-o

Banned
NXT replaced ECW.

Superstars was originally intended to be a Saturday morning wrestling program featuring top-tier but not quite main event level stars. Then it just became the lower midcard show that they keep producing to meet international commitments.

they seem to use the lower camera looking up as the primary camera angle. i wonder if thats because the smaller arena?

haha A Rye's entrance has him come out and tosses dust into the air.

Kofi sucks, and as long as he has no gimmick (a West African pretending to be Jamaican?), he's going nowhere. I even thought his work during the Orton feud sucked. Beating up a stock car? So?
Hey Orton loved that car he had for all of 10 minutes, I bet he was going to cruise around town with one of his fake wives and Kofi denied him that joy, plus he leg dropped him through a table, SHUT UP SOUL! I STILL BELIEVE IN KOFI KINGSTON!

Rey Mysterio does about the same thing....I think that was his entire part of the script for his feud with Punk and the SES if I remember correctly.
This is funny because i'm now running through various Rey feuds and promos in my head and it's either him wailing in terror or saying those generic lines about "why don't you come down here and i'll hit you with the 6-1-9! Realize the size of my heart!"

that and as Beef said inserting bits of spanish mid sentence which is jarring as fuck.

This is funny because i'm now running through various Rey feuds and promos in my head and it's either him wailing in terror or saying those generic lines about "why don't you come down here and i'll hit you with the 6-1-9! Realize the size of my heart!"

that and as Beef said inserting bits of spanish mid sentence which is jarring as fuck.

AUGH, I can hear him pausing between each number, too! I just wanna chuck him across the ring, but I know he'll just hop out of the ring, run away and pose on the entrance ramp, then point to all the kiddies while his theme plays.

bangai-o

Banned
AUGH, I can hear him pausing between each number, too! I just wanna chuck him across the ring, but I know he'll just hop out of the ring, run away and pose on the entrance ramp, then point to all the kiddies while his theme plays.

if you "chuck" him across the ring he will simply bounce off the middle rope and you find yourself hitting your face on the mat thru a tornado ddt.

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA

ARGH THE EVENT IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD AND I'M POWERLESS TO STOP IT!
Oh god, he's back now and while this means good ppv matches from the man it also means this shit happening every week, i'd fall over in despair if I didn't end up in the second rope.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey Orton loved that car he had for all of 10 minutes, I bet he was going to cruise around town with one of his fake wives and Kofi denied him that joy, plus he leg dropped him through a table, SHUT UP SOUL! I STILL BELIEVE IN KOFI KINGSTON!
Kofi is even blander than Cena.

Chopper

Well I'd say it's easier for a talented woman to get a development contract. I mean, she was a hell of a find I'm sure from the talent scouts perspective. She was attractive, already trained, young, with a very different look to most Divas in the WWE. Probably seemed like a no brainer to offer her a development contract.

They even mention in the documentary that it's very hard for men to get development deals, as even at those tryouts they have a lot of men there to see, probably not many women (I can't image the model types they recruit a lot attend tryouts, they come in through other channels).
Yeah, I imagine the majority of girls that turn up are useless or "ugly". I'm looking forward to seeing Paige's progress. She struck me as a pretty endearing person.

Kofi is even blander than Cena.

You keep this up Soul and you're gonna "wake up in a bad man place".
WWE creative do jackshit with him, lobbing a midcard belt on him and then giving him no actual storylines or opportunities to develop any character, he's probably one of the most shafted people on the roster in this regard.

ARGH THE EVENT IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD AND I'M POWERLESS TO STOP IT!
Oh god, he's back now and while this means good ppv matches from the man it also means this shit happening every week, i'd fall over in despair if I didn't end up in the second rope.

You'll be on the second rope which somehow depowers all wrestlers and makes them groggy, even if they were in the ring for a simple promo. Then Rey will gently push your face away with the

SIX
ONE
NINE

and Rey will once again celebrate and point to the crowd, all the while BOOYAKA BOOYAKA blares through the arena AS WE TAKE YOU TO THE BACK WITH JOSH MATTHEWS.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You keep this up Soul and you're gonna "wake up in a bad man place".
WWE creative do jackshit with him, lobbing a midcard belt on him and then giving him no actual storylines or opportunities to develop any character, he's probably one of the most shafted people on the roster in this regard.
True, but considering all the other talent that they have, he's still behind a bunch of people in needing a chance.

I will say, though, his heel turn will be great.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
True, but considering all the other talent that they have, he's still behind a bunch of people in needing a chance.

He has the talent.

Remember his feud with Orton and Legacy?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He has the talent.

Remember his feud with Orton and Legacy?
It sucked! I still don't get what's so great about that feud. Orton was so bland at the time, and them trying to make Kofi seem "edgy" and "dangerous" seems silly to me. Beating up a stock car? Oooooooooooo

You'll be on the second rope which somehow depowers all wrestlers and makes them groggy, even if they were in the ring for a simple promo. Then Rey will gently push your face away with the

SIX
ONE
NINE

and Rey will once again celebrate and point to the crowd, all the while BOOYAKA BOOYAKA blares through the arena AS WE TAKE YOU TO THE BACK WITH JOSH MATTHEWS.
Stop predicting the future which is also the past dammit! You're not even safe outside the ring.
Pqgg3.gif

You just wait, his heel turn will be like Rocky Maivia becoming the Rock. Kofi Kingston will become "The King" and it will be glorious.
And while his style is of an acquired taste I am a big fan of his "controlled frenzy" and jumping theatrics.

Top Bottom