• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

bangai-o

Banned
I feel freaking terrible.

I went out , it's payday, I go buy a 25 dollar gift card to buy the TNA Brown bag special.

and....I forget there's shipping charges too.

It comes out to 35.20.

FUCK!

I can't believe I didn't realize this.

I feel so damn down.

The hell am I supposed to do with this gift card now?
go buy season one of game of thrones.

Ilive1up

went to a nywc show tonight to watch my buddy wrestle.

cool thing, raven was there. got to see him wrestle and then spoke to the crowd for a bit. rad dude.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's annoying at times, but honestly... I don't blame them. He's a fucking murderer. I don't even want to see that dude's face.

During my ongoing nostalgia viewing of WWF from 1997-2002, it's tough to enjoy some of those Benoit matches. And that sucks, because he was one of the best.

I do blame them. Because they're running away from the situation entirely and writing it off as just the workings of a fundamentally evil person.

I don't have a problem watching old benoit tapes (although I do cringe when he does the flying headbutt), because I understand things aren't black and white, especially when depression and drugs are involved.

Someone doesn't just suddenly become an evil criminal and kill themselves and their family at the age of 40. There are signs missed, and underlying brain damage and mental illness, and environmental influences.

But it's much easier to simply say he was a bad person

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I do blame them. Because they're running away from the situation entirely and writing it off as just the workings of a fundamentally evil person.

I don't have a problem watching old benoit tapes (although I do cringe when he does the flying headbutt), because I understand things aren't black and white, especially when depression and drugs are involved.

Someone doesn't just suddenly become an evil criminal and kill themselves and their family at the age of 40. There are signs missed, and underlying brain damage and mental illness, and environmental influences.

I think you're missing the point. It's not about whether he was a good person, bad person, etc. The WWE is an entertainment capitalist company. They'll do what is in the best interests of their profit margin. Vince McMahon, himself, said in testimony before the Senate that the only reason they instituted a wellness policy was for PR's sake. It's all about their bottom line. Is it morally acceptable? Maybe not, but it's capitalism, and it's one of the reasons why capitalism sucks.

The WWE has chosen to institute concussion testing, drug testing, health checks, etc. without bringing up Benoit's name. I'm guessing their approach is to learn from the Benoit incident, without bringing it up.

With TNA still putting up decent shows and the big PPV-esque 3 hour Raw coming up it looks like the next few weeks could be pretty darn good for the wrestling world. My only concern is the week after the big Raw show. How are they going to fill three hours every week? I would hope they would get more guys on TV and let them have longer matches but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

603552_10151014474549718_1025453198_n.jpg

iGyTH.jpg

At the Lucha Libre Taco Shop in San Diego after the Smackdown tapings.

several pages late but Ambrose Watch is still on!

When do they ever say he's a bad person? They just pretend he never existed.

KissVibes

Banned
Justin Gabriel looks like such a dork.

Also, someone needs to get Vince on the horn and tell him he's missing a great opportunity here. Those guys should be wearing merchandise EVERWHERE they go. If they don't have their own merchandise, they should just wear John Cena's gear. He could use the exposure.

They should also carry around expired WWE.com/shop coupons.

So I'm watching Impact and the Claire/AJ segment comes on. Am I not the only one feeling like this is going to end up as her in cahoots with Daniels? Seems a little too easy.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah you are right
they beeped out the word motherF##RS as well when that happened
for a live show they had to be pretty quick on the censors

I bet angle is in mexico

Just to further facepalm that segment, Angle was attacked near the curtain to the arena which if you watched the show, is only a few feet away from where all the BFG guys were. You'd think somebody would have seen it.

It's also the fact that this week, the Johnny Aces ran out from the back which means somebody had to get them in the arena and clear it with security. The first couple of attacks, they jumped out of the crowd, which makes sense. Tonight it didn't..unless it was a clue to who is behind it all....

Shark Boy

So I'm watching Impact and the Claire/AJ segment comes on. Am I not the only one feeling like this is going to end up as her in cahoots with Daniels? Seems a little too easy.

It would be for the best if she's working with them. I really don't want to see this go any further into the whole Jerry Springer baby daddy crap. I'd be 100% fine if the payoff was just Daniels and Kaz wanting to make Styles look bad because they're sick of him getting pushed for being squeaky clean like he's above the rest of the guys, or whatever.

Aiii

So not worth it
If there ever was a storyline that any company can just drop and never resolve it's the goddamn Claire and AJ storyline. Because Jesus effing Christ, get this off of my wrestling program! Now!

If there ever was a storyline that any company can just drop and never resolve it's the goddamn Claire and AJ storyline. Because Jesus effing Christ, get this off of my wrestling program! Now!

What is the end goal of this storyline? Do the writers even know? Cause it certainly doesn't look like it's leading to a match. Ok what if Styles is the father. Then what? It doesn't change anything or set up anything interesting. I'm with you. Just end this crap.

Aiii

So not worth it
What is the end goal of this storyline? Do the writers even know? Cause it certainly doesn't look like it's leading to a match. Ok what if Styles is the father. Then what? It doesn't change anything or set up anything interesting. I'm with you. Just end this crap.

The end goal?

Claire gives birth to a hand.

Linkified

You never know it may happen that Claire is a T-1000 sent back in time to kill AJ Styles!

But you know if AJ Styles married AJ Lee we would have two AJ Styles one on each wrestling show, that is what Claire is trying to prevent

Kaladin

Impact was great last night, good undercard, great main event, good angles and the only bad angle didn't get much airtime. Aces and Eights is basically the original idea behind the Nexus where they are destroying everything TNA without discrimination. I only hope they treat the reveal and follow-up better than the Nexus.

Top Bottom