• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not dive off the deep end here...a-ry has the potential to be a big star but god knows if his chance will come

Wasn't he given a huge chance by putting him into a fued with John Cena and the Miz and even having him go over The Miz immediately after Miz's super long title reign.

bangai-o

Banned
Let's not dive off the deep end here...a-ry has the potential to be a big star but god knows if his chance will come
Riley has been pushed plenty of times and given a good theme song as well. I think they also edit in crowed cheers for Superstars.

What about A-Ry?

I like that for some reason he is always being filmed talking about nothing important with main characters backstage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsddQt3fcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxL9q8r0MRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zn-ZkvDlY8

If they limited his appearances to 5 second snippets of meaningless backstage interactions I would become a fan.
That fandom would be killed any time he got within 50 ft of a wrestling ring though.

Being incompetent and a child molester isn't the same as being boring, but if I were in charge he would be the first to go.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I like that for some reason he is always being filmed talking about nothing important with main characters backstage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsddQt3fcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxL9q8r0MRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zn-ZkvDlY8

If they limited his appearances to 5 second snippets of meaningless backstage interactions I would become a fan.
That fandom would be killed any time he got within 50 ft of a wrestling ring though.

Being incompetent and a child molester isn't the same as being boring, but if I were in charge he would be the first to go.

I like how some guy made video clips of A-RY... lol

For the record, I think A-Ry has the look and charisma, but he just doesn't have the right wrestling ability that is deserving of any sort of push.

Kaladin

Tazz makes you not take seriously the Aces and Eights angle. He laughs off there attacks and at the end when they attacked Aries and Roode. He doesn't stay quiet or be mad he says "Total Nonstop Anarchy" killing all seriousness of the angle.

That is at least helped by Tenay though, he's has always put over the seriousness of angles when they call for it.

2012-07-20-wwedding-planner.jpg

Am I late to the Ted DiBiase Jr bashing? Because he's blander than cardboard.

Hmm... I need Soulplaya's legal expertise for a moment. If I were to agree to support a wrestler for a period of time who I would normally mock, am I still allowed to mock said wrestler's inane political viewpoints?

I'm speaking entirely hypothetically of course.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hmm... I need Soulplaya's legal expertise for a moment. If I were to agree to support a wrestler for a period of time who I would normally mock, am I still allowed to mock said wrestler's inane political viewpoints?

I'm speaking entirely hypothetically of course.
Yes. While I think Kane is great, that doesn't protect Ron Paul or libtertarianism.

Kaladin

Probable members of Aces and Eights:

Jeff Jarrett = leader
Luke Gallows
Wes Brisco
Mike Knox

TNA has been rotating some workers who won't be part of the group into the beatdowns to make it harder to guess who is in the faction.

D Lo Brown, who is an agent for TNA, played a member last night but I don't believe he will be part of the final group when they are revealed.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The Rock as Super Meat Boy? I would see that movie.

This is funny because i'm now running through various Rey feuds and promos in my head and it's either him wailing in terror or saying those generic lines about "why don't you come down here and i'll hit you with the 6-1-9! Realize the size of my heart!"

Size of the dog in the fight of the heart size!

Superstars was originally intended to be a Saturday morning wrestling program featuring top-tier but not quite main event level stars. Then it just became the lower midcard show that they keep producing to meet international commitments.

Thank goodness too, because no matter how awful Raw is or Raw like Smackdown can get to recap, I get at least one good show of wrestling from both brands plus a commentary table in English that I can listen to.

I posted this last night, but it got lost in midnight wrassle gaf madness. I thought it was really good. Paige looks like a legitimate talent.

What also struck me was how simple it seemed to get signed by the WWE! I mean, it seemed as though as long as you're good, which after 5 years training or whatever you could be, make sure you are stacked and toned (the hardest bit), and make sure you get an in to one of the UK tryouts when they tour the country and it looks like any enthusiastic UK talent would have a chance. I mean, they signed Britani on the spot! I'm sure it is much more complicated, but that really is how it seemed!

Yeah, I imagine the majority of girls that turn up are useless or "ugly". I'm looking forward to seeing Paige's progress. She struck me as a pretty endearing person.

It might have seemed easy for Britani, but she had a whole lot going for her before hand and we didn't get to see any of the other female wrestlers who tried out and obviously failed. Even as good as she is, there had to be a second try out in 2011 before she was fully signed.
Still, it seemed like WWE wanted her already. Was already considered one of the best in the U.K., great showings over in Shimmer, and was fully trained already. I'm sure on some level it was also a good way to develop ties with the Knight family in general and their connections

They even mention in the documentary that it's very hard for men to get development deals, as even at those tryouts they have a lot of men there to see, probably not many women (I can't image the model types they recruit a lot attend tryouts, they come in through other channels).

Rachael Carr/Lynn had no training at all and was basically asked to come and join right after a photo shoot. There was nothing to it other than "are you basically healthy"? because she looked good to the road agent.

They do the same basic type of tryouts for women as they do men if they have someone there (usually AJ these days) to do it, just not televised like Zebra's funny jobbing to Big Show.

Probable members of Aces and Eights:

Jeff Jarrett = leader
Luke Gallows
Wes Brisco
Mike Knox

TNA has been rotating some workers who won't be part of the group into the beatdowns to make it harder to guess who is in the faction.

D Lo Brown, who is an agent for TNA, played a member last night but I don't believe he will be part of the final group when they are revealed.

Blah
Wes Brisco
. I had a chance to see him do a dark match for ROH on Mania weekend and I was not impressed at all. He was generic as all heck and his in ring work was underwhelming.

Top Bottom