• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nah shes a T-1000 sent back in time to prevent two AJ Styles from occurring. We all know AJ Style lusts after AJ Lee.

AJ Lee-Styles.

Actually, wasn't there in angle in the WWF back in like 98/99 where someone had a miscarriage? I want to say it was Terri Runnels or Shamrock's sister.

Sokantish

Impact was great last night, good undercard, great main event, good angles and the only bad angle didn't get much airtime. Aces and Eights is basically the original idea behind the Nexus where they are destroying everything TNA without discrimination. I only hope they treat the reveal and follow-up better than the Nexus.

I dunno I think the Aces and Eights thing is stupid and so far they've been used as an excuse to get some guys off the show for a little while. I don't even know what other feuds were on the show except for Claire, and then the main event. Also I really don't like open fight night. It seems really silly. Maybe I'm just being too hard on TNA though, did everyone else think the show was great as well?

thefro

Impact was great last night, good undercard, great main event, good angles and the only bad angle didn't get much airtime. Aces and Eights is basically the original idea behind the Nexus where they are destroying everything TNA without discrimination. I only hope they treat the reveal and follow-up better than the Nexus.

The big difference is the Nexus reveal was great, while TNA has to do a good reveal with this angle. Of course the benefit is they can treat all these masked guys as legit threats as they're not NXT jobbers.

Obviously, the follow-up is key... WWE screwed it up by having the babyfaces all band together (led by Super Cena) to beat up Nexus 4 weeks into the angle and then they had to reset with the "Cena has to join Nexus" stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Last night was the first time I actually actively watched (most) of Impact Wrestling and it was fairly enjoyable. The one thing that kind of sucks is that the product values vs. WWE really deters me but the TNA roster is pretty awesome and everyone seems to be involved and there's actually wrestling!

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the production values don't really compare, but I think Impact provides more bang for your time in terms of actual wrestling. If only they would go on the road. The crowd in the Impact Zone is pretty bland.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, the production values don't really compare, but I think Impact provides more bang for your time in terms of actual wrestling. If only they would go on the road. The crowd in the Impact Zone is pretty bland.

Yeah, ideally they should do atleast 1 taping outside of there (like go to a semi-big city before a PPV -> do PPV in big city)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Last night was the first time I actually actively watched (most) of Impact Wrestling and it was fairly enjoyable. The one thing that kind of sucks is that the product values vs. WWE really deters me but the TNA roster is pretty awesome and everyone seems to be involved and there's actually wrestling!

Same, really enjoyed it myself. Will probably stick with it from here on out.

Who else though this week nxt was the best wwe show?

Was great. Steamboat match was great basic heel/face stuff. Diaz/Paige was short, but shows two Divas with a decent gimmick can do something if asked Gabriel's fall from the ropes actually scared me, though it was a bad botch, but seemed like it was meant in the end - possibly channeling Dolph.

Sid

Was great. Steamboat match was great basic heel/face stuff. Diaz/Paige was short, but shows two Divas with a decent gimmick can do something if asked Gabriel's fall from the ropes actually scared me, though it was a bad botch, but seemed like it was meant in the end - possibly channeling Dolph.

Yup,especially the last counter from gabriel to win totally came 'outta nowhere' for real this time

Step 1: Watch NXT.

Nope, sorry can't do it.

You are missing good wrestling from upcoming guys - before WWE stinks them up on the main roster.

There are bad bits - Jinder Mahal is there, but there is about 30 minutes of quality stuff on NxT (which is great for a 44 minute show).

Kaitlyn looked great too, and Regal talked about her thighs cracking walnuts.

You are missing good wrestling from upcoming guys - before WWE stinks them up on the main roster.

There are bad bits - Jinder Mahal is there, but there is about 30 minutes of quality stuff on NxT (which is great for a 44 minute show).

Kaitlyn looked great too, and Regal talked about her thighs cracking walnuts.

???

Sokantish

I agree with Keyser. I don't really like Jinder. His gimmick is bad and he's pretty boring. He wasn't especially bad in any of the recent matches though

Scotty 2 Hotty is still in good shape, if not better than he was before leaving the WWE. I remember bumping into his twitter a few weeks ago and being surprised at how he looked.

If anyone thinks Jinder Mahal is interesting, the I am sorry for you. He is one of the most pointless characters on WWE TV. Thankfully he is not pushed in a main storyline - that would be hell.

Jinder Mahal is pretty boring, which is sad because he is a young star. He just needs something more to him. Every time I see him, I just see a boring attempt at another Muhammad Hassan.

Kyoufu

Jindel Mahal is no different to Del Rio. Both have terrible gimmicks and suck at promos.

Oh and add Sheamus to that terrible trio too.

Linkified

Scotty 2 Hotty is still in good shape, if not better than he was before leaving the WWE. I remember bumping into his twitter a few weeks ago and being surprised at how he looked.

Gonna need all these oldies when they start stinkin up 3 hour RAWs with shit. WWE 2012 is TNA 2010

I wouldn't equate Jinder Mahal to Del Rio. Although Del Rio's promo work isn't that great due to quite possibly his accent (his stuff against Rey Mysterio is pretty good, though), in comparison to Jinder, Del Rio has far more charisma and onscreen personality than Jinder.

Jinder Mahal is just flat out boring. Just like Ted Dibiase.

Gonna need all these oldies when they start stinkin up 3 hour RAWs with shit. WWE 2012 is TNA 2010
Unlike TNA, though, I'm actually curious as to who will show up. The news of the possible DX Reunion with more members than just HBK/HHH got me excited.

If anyone thinks Jinder Mahal is interesting, the I am sorry for you. He is one of the most pointless characters on WWE TV. Thankfully he is not pushed in a main storyline - that would be hell.

I just think it's weird to acknowledge that the WWE fucks up good wrestlers after they move onto the main roster, then immediately turn around and throw shade on a young talent who got screwed by awful booking and being sidled with a lousy gimmick.

Jinder Mahal is just flat out boring. Just like Ted Dibiase.

Don't be an ass. No one is as boring as Ted Dibiase.

Top Bottom