• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Cagey

Banned
AJ states that CM Punk & John Cena have been mentoring her, and they’ve taken her under their wing. She said they see her on the same level as them because of her love for wrestling.

It's cute that Punk thinks he's on Cena's level.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's cute that Punk thinks he's on Cena's level.

If you listened to the interview you'd know she was speaking of their love for THE BUSINESS™. How they see her as a passionate wrestler like them, instead of another one of the models that do this on the side because it pays well and is a good stepping stone to something else.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WELP this marks the end of souldashing

By the way, are you guys going to be using this thread tomorrow? You better not.
Sometimes, I wonder why I'm even on GAF, lol. I don't really play games, anymore. I don't read manga, watch anime, read comics, watch movies, and I generally don't like sci-fi or fantasy. Honestly, outside of the sports threads (and metal music thread [my tastes are too different from GAF-Hop these days]), I wouldn't post at all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Like A Song of Ice and Fire.

But if you must read comic books, read Invincible.
People can get a bit annoying about that series. They read it, and now they think that they've read some scholarly masterpiece. I've read them all, but that series hasn't been all that great since book three which was years ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
I read to entertain myself. ASOIAF entertains.

I tend to not get too elitist about stuff I like.

Except AJ of course. Yay AJ.

Kaladin

Updated BFG Series Scoreboard as of 7/22/12

1) Samoa Joe 47 points (5-2) 7 MATCHES
2) James Storm 43 points (3-1-1) 5 MATCHES
3) Mr. Anderson 30 points (4-4-1) 9 MATCHES
4) Jeff Hardy 28 points (4-2) 6 MATCHES
5) Kurt Angle 27 points (3-2) 5 MATCHES
6) Rob Van Dam 21 points (3-2) 5 MATCHES
7) Christopher Daniels 19 points (3-2) 5 MATCHES
8) Magnus 14 points (2-3) 4 MATCHES
AJ Styles 14 points (2-2) 4 MATCHES
10) The Pope 7 points (1-4) 5 MATCHES
Bully Ray 7 points (1-2) 3 MATCHES
12) Robbie E 5 points (1-6) 7 MATCHES

Kaladin

CONTESTANTS WANTED FOR CMT'S REDNECK ISLAND!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN $100,000 ON REDNECK ISLAND?

This is your chance to have host STEVE AUSTIN put you through the paces...

Do you love Country Music and NASCAR?
Is beer your beverage of choice?
Is your second car a four-wheeler covered in mud?
Is your closet full of camouflage clothing?
Is there an 8-point hanging above your fireplace and a gun rack in your truck?

DO YOU TAKE PRIDE IN BEING AN ALL-AMERICAN REDNECK???

If you are proud of your redneck roots and winning $100,000 will have you whistling Dixie, then this is the show for you.

Apply NOW for your chance to be a contestant on REDNECK ISLAND!!!

http://www.redneckislandcasting.com/web/apply

Sokantish

I didn't pay attention last year, but do they usually make it so everyone in the BFG series gets the same amount of matches? Would be kind of silly if not

New best pro wrestling pic ever.

show_match_icon.php

Shinsuke Nakamura is the kind of guy whose wallet says BAD MOTHERFUCKER on it.

Badass. Nakamura >>>>>>> Raw 1000

tj hazuki

Joe better win this shit!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Vince on competition from the UFC.

On competition from UFC on Pay Per View:
"We're in show business, they are a sport. Their ratings are abysmal. They are in the pay-per-view business, and they do reasonably well there. We just set a record for WrestleMania. We had 1.3 million buys for this year's WrestleMania, and our pay-per-view numbers for our shows have been up 30 percent since then. So, we are looking pretty good."

You know what's funny? In an interview back in 1998, when he was asked about competition from WCW, Vince used the exact opposite argument. He said that WCW was in the show business, and that the WWE was in the PPV business. While WCW was killing them in the ratings, they were doing better in PPV, and that's all that mattered.

bangai-o

Banned
Sometimes, I wonder why I'm even on GAF, lol. I don't really play games, anymore. I don't read manga, watch anime, read comics, watch movies, and I generally don't like sci-fi or fantasy. Honestly, outside of the sports threads (and metal music thread [my tastes are too different from GAF-Hop these days]), I wouldn't post at all.
uh oh. sounds like you are inching your way toward depressed-gaf.

Sokantish

Might be a good thing, KOG needs company when he goes through those rough spots.

One day, those of us in this thread who actually watch these shows will have to sit together, and ask ourselves, "why?"

Because I enjoy quality television obviously. Actually the only TV shows I actually watch on Cable and not through Netflix or anything else is wrestling. Otherwise I don't even have my TV on.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Because I enjoy quality television obviously. Actually the only TV shows I actually watch on Cable and not through Netflix or anything else is wrestling. Otherwise I don't even have my TV on.
Yeah, it's just sports and wrestling for me, mainly. I get my news from the internet.

Because I don't like anime, manga, or sci-fi? LOL!

Aiii

So not worth it
This year I'm gonna get the Sunday Ticket on my PS3 so I get to watch my Raiders lose every week on my TV! It's gonna be great.

So jealous of you americans and your great subscription on-demand services.

For all the internet has brought the world together, they still haven't figured out the internet doesn't end at the US-borders. :(

bangai-o

Banned

For all the internet has brought the world together, they still haven't figured out the internet doesn't end at the US-borders. :(
dont be jealous of USA being ripped off by the NFL and cable networks. heck the nfl went on strike so the fans can pay more!

Sokantish

At least since the internet is here you can find an online stream of pretty much any game you'd want. Not that I'd encourage someone to do that, that's wrong. I definitely did NOT watch live streamed games of the Raiders last year. I can promise you that.

G-Fex

I think we should take a vote to kick out a certain federation out of our discussion.

Let's vote to kick out WWE out of our discussion

Aiii

So not worth it
dont be jealous of USA being ripped off by the NFL and cable networks. heck the nfl went on strike so the fans can pay more!

The thing is, I download nearly every show I follow the day after it airs in the US. Some shows never air here, some shows air a few weeks later, some shows months or years later.

iTunes recently added movies to their library, less then a year ago if I'm correct. No series though, just movies and that took years.

Cable companies have monopolies based on region, I can only get one of the few companies there are and mine has you buy your own digital receiver. If I wanted to get an "interactive" one as they call it, with on-demand and recording. That would cost me about 450-500 euros right now.

Netflix? Hulu? PS3/360 on-demand services? Forget about it.

Luckily, currently in Holland downloading TV-series and music is legal by law. They introduced a law in the 80's when people started copying casette-tapes from one another and to compensate the copyright holders they introduced the so-called homecopy-law. Basically they tax carriers like CD-R's and HDD's (and soon MP3-players, mobile phones and tablet-devices as well as far as I know) extra to pay the copyright holders and in return the downloading of copyrighted materials is legal (uploading and serving, however, is still illegal). So we still have an alternative, for as long as it lasts.

Been watching old RAW's and the Eddie Tribute show is still some sad stuff.

I remember when it first aired I didn't hear about his death until tuning into RAW with my Dad and being shocked at the news.

:(

Top Bottom