• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Pipe Bomb

zEVzG.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Heel Punk but no Stone Cold =(. I hope they somehow get him involved if Punk really is going to go one on one with the great one at the Rumble. The arena would've erupted if they heard that glass shatter.

I think they'll have actual wrestling in them. Maybe. I hope. I don't know WHATEVER

That be nice you know... on a WRESTLING SHOW.

Raw 1000 could have been much, much better but I enjoyed it.

DX was awesome. All of the nostalgia was awesome. Bryan being on a lot was awesome. CM Punk turning was awesome.

I'm probably forgetting somethings but that's what I liked. I really hope they don't do Bryan/Sheen and actually put Bryan against someone but we'll see.

Bummed there wasn't any Austin.

Yeah, no Austin at all makes no sense.

I really hope they have Bryan just crush Sheen.

And we are now back again with Punk lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm really sorry people expected this Raw to be heavy on the wrestling. You must've not realised they had 3 hours to fill with tons of returning legends and fan-service segments. That's a shame really, but what did you expect?

This Raw was great, pretty much all the legend-segments were good to great. They had some good stuff with the Slater segment, the Rock segments, all of DX minus Chyna appearing. HHH/Lesnar being 50/50, Undertaker and Kane as brothers reunited (shame Bearer wasn't there though) and finally, the return of the HAND! Only thing I would've liked is Mankind and Cactus Jack appearing as well as Dude Love and Austin, but I guess his movie was more important.

The wedding ended weird, but it was a rushed angle anyway, with the engagement only a week away. AJ as GM should be very interesting, seeing as her tweener character can atagonise pretty much every wrestler on the show. She's an interesting and fun persona and I welcome her in this role, I'm excited to see what they do with it.

Punk's heel turn was great. As exprect Cena cashed in his briefcase and lost but in a way he'll get a rematch. Can't wait for the Punk promo's, he needed this. I hope he has the belt at the Rumble, because Rock vs. Punk is gonna be a match of the year 2013 contender.

I'm very happy with how this turned out, I'm satisfied and give this raw an 8 out of 10.

Sokantish

Hey man, I said before it even started that there wouldn't be that much wrestling. I got what I expected. They almost tricked me with the DX thing when it was only those two dorks. Then Billy Gunn and Road Dogg showed up! I'm glad Chyna didn't appear. X-Pac was scary enough...

Kaladin

Good Raw....shitty wrestling, but actually a good Raw. Good foundation for WWE to improve on.....however AJ won't work as GM. I bet she doesn't even last as long as Johnny.

Awesome Raw. I really liked it. Undertaker was the only lame segment.

What! Brothers of Destruction!

I know no one is thinking about this right now, but the Swagger squash made me wonder... has anyone ever recovered from a "losing streak" angle? I know the two most recent ones were McIntyre and Morrison, and well... we know they never did.

Ithil

What! Brothers of Destruction!

I know no one is thinking about this right now, but the Swagger squash made me wonder... has anyone ever recovered from a "losing streak" angle? I know the two most recent ones were McIntyre and Morrison, and well... we know they never did.

Bryan and Sheamus.

Pimpwerx

Raw was fun and frustrating.

The bigger issue is how they are gonna fill out 3 hours every week.

The same way they do everytime they go to 3 hours...with lots of lots of filler crap. TNA should move to Mondays. The only time WWE tried hard with Raw when when Nitro was the competition. Otherwise, they know we'll tune in regardless. PEACE.

Sokantish

Good Raw....shitty wrestling, but actually a good Raw. Good foundation for WWE to improve on.....however AJ won't work as GM. I bet she doesn't even last as long as Johnny.

How long was Teddy GM of SmackDown! Serious question, I only started watching again last year. I don't think AJ can be any worse than Teddy

I was feeling nostalgia overload by the 3rd hour, honestly. They needed at least 2 events on the level of CM Punk attacking The Rock for the current guys, and AJ becoming GM was not it. It just felt like old guys win, old guys win, AJ GM OH MAH GAH, old guys win, Themiz wins zzzz, old guys win, old guys win, Punk attacks Rock.

IDK, I wasn't expecting much, but it doesn't feel like they did much either, maybe it's just me. I'm legitimately done watching Raw live though. 3 hours per week is too much, even when seeing all the old guys.

Return of Heel Punk is nice but WWE doesn't need another talented heel thats gonna get fed to Cena.

Cena is the problem that needs to get fixed.

WWE could have the most talented roster in the world but everyone will be jobbed to Cener eventually since thats the only logical end to any build WWE creative knows.

Remove the old and tired face of the company and new talent can thrive.

It happened after Hogan left and bret and shawn and taker rose to the top.

It happened when Austin broke his neck and Rock and DX and Foley rose to the top

It happened after Rock left and Brock, Cena and Ortan Rose to the top.

Having a dominant face is only good for the short term.

That ending just shows people that more of the same will be happening. More Super Cena, More cowardly cheating heels. More Big Show for some reason.....

Any gained viewers who stopped watching over the last 10 years wont start watching again. Any new people who watched just to see the hype was probably left disappointed since the ending wasnt even that spectacular. It was pretty tame and forgettable by Heel Turn standards.

McNei1y

I do want an explanation behind the whole saying Yes! to Vince's proposition meant that the wedding was off. She could've done both!

I wanted a real interruption dammit! I mean a wrestler who will have a feud with Bryan! Maybe they're waiting for someone to come back so Bryan can face em? Eh, not sure.

I hope that the commercials won't feel as prevalent as they did tonight.

bangai-o

Banned
my review.

new theme song sucks.

DX. i never liked them

crowed = mostly quiet

wtf Ziggler? why you messin Jericho?

marriage segment was okay i guess.

Rock facing off against Danie Bryan was cool.

i think this around the point where i started holding fast forward

is this Brock x Triple H thing still going on? i dont even know why triple h wants this match so badly.

Lita boobs

Cena x CM Punk snore

Big Show punch sucked.

kinda negative. but also not exactly a great Raw. this is not a good sign of future three hour Raw shows. they should stick to two hours.

Ithil

You're right Bryan had one in NXT... although that was before he was fired and came back. Don't remember Sheamus'.

Bryan had one after he won MITB, Sheamus ended up in one in late 2010/early 2011 after he won King of the Ring.

You don't do anything with losing streak storylines but escape from them. They're absolutely stupid and should never be a thing.

The bad thing is even with all the nostalgia, this show started feeling too long during the third hour. I have no idea how they plan on doing three hours every Monday.

Kaladin

I just realized something. 2013 will be the first time since 2006 that the Royal Rumble match will not headline the Royal Rumble PPV.

McNei1y

The bad thing is even with all the nostalgia, this show started feeling too long during the third hour. I have no idea how they plan on doing three hours every Monday.

3 hours is like watching a two movies every week. It's going to be long. It wont be bad though, hopefully. I feel like tonight was rough because of all of the commercials and in show advertising.

Kyoufu

Yikes. The amount of stupid people saying bad shit towards Punk for a heel turn... smh

No wonder Vince won't turn Cena heel.

Aiii

So not worth it

Wouldn't worry too much. Just skip the first hour and watch the recaps they air and wait half a year til they're back to two hours.

RBH

Overall, I enjoyed Raw. Most of the segments went well, the nostalgia bits were well done, and the ending of the show hit the right spot for me.

But that HHH/Lesnar segment..........ugh. It's truly amazing how they've squandered the value of Brock Lesnar within the span of four months. The buildup to their match at Summerslam has just been lousy so far, and tonight's segment only magnified that when they were spending more time talking about HHH and Stephanie's children. There was nothing "50/50" about their confrontation either, as Brock's first appearance in weeks ends up with HHH standing toe-to-toe with him and getting the best of Lesnar tonight.

Brock Lesnar is just another guy at this point.

UberTag

IDK, I wasn't expecting much, but it doesn't feel like they did much either, maybe it's just me. I'm legitimately done watching Raw live though. 3 hours per week is too much, even when seeing all the old guys.
I'm going to hold you to that. TNA is the only show deserving of live viewing right now. We can catch the highlights from RAW on YouTube and not be inundated with shilling, Cena and advertising.

Yikes. The amount of stupid people saying bad shit towards Punk for a heel turn... smh

No wonder Vince won't turn Cena heel.

The bad thing isnt that Punk is heel again. The bad thing is he will be trapped feuding with Cena and using cowardly heel tactics to win until the day he turns face again.

If Cena turned heel it would actually lead to something unpredictable and exciting.

RBH

Hey guys, remember this?

Chris Jericho put out a new Tout video on Friday evening talking about Monday's upcoming 1000th episode of Raw.

Jericho says he believes that he's being over-looked for the Raw 1000th hype and he will be "the one they're going to be talking about when it's through."

rofl

Ithil

Is AJ even supposed to be heel or face? Was I supposed to cheer that? Bryan is clearly still heel, on account of the faces insulting him for... existing, or something, but AJ?

Is AJ even supposed to be heel or face? Was I supposed to cheer that? Bryan is clearly still heel, on account of the faces insulting him for... existing, or something, but AJ?

she was really terrific before but at one point in this story she just became too much and too CRAZY, now I think she's just kind of annoying. Her YESing drives me nuts for some irrational reason.

Top Bottom