• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Toki767

So, I've just thought of this. Punk's promo next week should start with him turning on the spinner belt, saying he spend a year fucking looking at John Cena's belt and showing it and it's the prime example of Cena getting the special treatment and getting fed up with it, so the first thing he'll do now is trash the spinner belt and reveal the new one. Then Cena can tell him he'll take the new title from him at SummerSlam and make the new one equivalent with John Cena as well.

That would be a good start of this feud.

It would work...only if the new belt actually looked good. If it's all blinged out again, no one will believe Punk had any say with how the belt was designed.

Ithil

Stone Cold explained why he didn't show up.

Why did you guys lie to me? He wasn't making a movie. He had knee surgery and is in crutches.

Knee surgery, eh? Fixing up his bad knees...to get them in shape for Punk at WM29, right?

A man can dream.

krae_man

Okay so the next 5 months of storyline are completely pointless. We already know Punk Vs Rock at the Rumble with Rock Winning and Cena either winning the Rumble or Elimination Chamber to be #1 contender.

The only thing that could possibly happen is Cena and Punk trade the title a couple times. Who is there for Cena to feud with if not for the WWE title? Daniel Bryan?

Who's the #2 face on Raw now Christian?

Okay so the next 5 months of storyline are completely pointless. We already know Punk Vs Rock at the Rumble with Rock Winning and Cena either winning the Rumble or Elimination Chamber to be #1 contender.

The only thing that could possibly happen is Cena and Punk trade the title a couple times. Who is there for Cena to feud with if not for the WWE title? Daniel Bryan?

Sad but maybe true it's prob Kane.

McNei1y

Unfortunately, it seems like Sheamus between both but I don't know how they differentiate the two programs anymore.

Christian is Smackdown. The Raw equivalent of the (ex) IC champ is... Santino.

Toki767

I think Cena's main feud is actually still with Big Show...Punk's just taking a backseat to that still even with the heel turn.

#2 face on Raw? Santino...

Jamie OD

All of Daniel Bryan's segments should be named "Birth Of A Supervillian." All that was missing was Bryan falling into nuclear waste at the end, gaining his powers and screaming "YES!" into the crimson sky.

krae_man

I can't tell if the IC title or the US title is the Raw one anymore. they both appear on both shows every week. Hell Santino was in the Smackdown Elimination chamber match wasn't he?

Ithil

They now seem to think that just because HBK/Taker got two years in a row at WM, and worked, that EVERY big non-title match needs to be done twice.

Rock/Cena being done twice accomplishes absolutely nothing, in fact it damages the credbility of the first one with the "Once In A Lifetime" tagline, and it is 100% certain that Cena would win and then... change nothing, because losing didn't change anything, I can't image winning would either. It's just stupid, to do.

Aiii

So not worth it
If, or rather when, Punk loses at the Rumble he has the rematch clause. So at worst it'll be Punk vs Rock vs Cena in the main event of WM29. This is not a bad thing imo. After all, Cena and Punk have good chemistry and it would make for an awesome main event.

Kyoufu

If, or rather when, Punk loses at the Rumble he has the rematch clause. So at worst it'll be Punk vs Rock vs Cena in the main event of WM29. This is not a bad thing imo. At all, Cena and Punk have good chemistry and it would make for an awesome main event.

Rematch clause wouldn't matter if Stone Cold screws Punk. He doesn't have to use the clause immediately.

Also, there is Elimination Chamber.

Kaladin

I can't tell if the IC title or the US title is the Raw one anymore. they both appear on both shows every week. Hell Santino was in the Smackdown Elimination chamber match wasn't he?

They're both jobber titles anyway. It doesn't matter what show they're featured on.

The old WWF scratch logo no longer has to be censored in brief clips. However, there is no word on whether or not it applies to complete matches or complete shows. The audio of people saying "WWF" still has to be censored.

WWE is trying to get all this stuff sorted out so none of this stuff has to be censored when the network launches.

bangai-o

Banned
untitled-20y7am2.gif

it looks like Rock was going to miss the elbow. see Big Show getting up to move out of the way there? so Rock fans were going to be disappointing either way.

I wake up to find people begging for "This Fire Burns?" People are gonna be disappointed, surely. And "Cult of Personality" is a face theme? Did people forget that he was a heel when he came back and debuted it?

If Punk returns to just being angry at the WWE system instead of being the WWE archetypal cowardly heel I would be happy.

The time after his shoot but before MITB was when punk was his most interesting. He was a jackass, he was angry, he was a heel who was telling the fans he didnt care what they think but he was sick of the current state of WWE and his spot and wanted to do something to change it even if it wasnt nice. THATS the type of Punk I want to see return.

He should be angry that even though he is Champ that Cena still main events every PPV and TV show. He should be angry that guys like the Rock and come in and get title shots even though they only show up twice a year. That great wrestlers like Daniel Bryan are stuck dealing with WWE weddings when they should be having great matches and be appreciated.

Out side of Cena's domination over everything he is involved in another problem WWE has right now is all there faces are just cocky joking smartasses and all there heels are cheating cowards. Even the monster heels who should be able to dominate in the ring just cheat to beat faces now.

Give me a heel with some dept and a reason they are why they are. Someone who is a great wrestler who can actually beat someone in a match without cheating or getting DQ'ed.

It would make the heels matter more and would mean when the good guy finally wins it would actually matter.

Ithil

untitled-20y7am2.gif

it looks like Rock was going to miss the elbow. see Big Show getting up to move out of the way there? so Rock fans were going to be disappointing either way.

I assumed Big Show was only getting up because he had to get out of the way for Punk and Rock to have the ring to themselves for the GTS and taunts.

Kyoufu

I wake up to find people begging for "This Fire Burns?" People are gonna be disappointed, surely. And "Cult of Personality" is a face theme? Did people forget that he was a heel when he came back and debuted it?

He wasn't a heel when he came back...

Complimenting the audience makes him a heel? Nope. He was a tweener at first but quickly turned into babyface.

Kaladin

People are always going to be disappointed when they talk about things like a Heyman faction, new titles, Ambrose debuting into a major angle and actual wrestling.

They might as well add expecting an old theme song returning to that list.

He wasn't a heel when he came back...

Complimenting the audience makes him a heel? Nope. He was a tweener at first but quickly turned into babyface.

He was making ridiculous demands, he was acting cocky and was riding his high horse about holding the title hostage, and he was trying to push Triple H around, who was actually being completely reasonable for a change. Punk was a heel, but people were so in love with him that they wanted to believe he was a face.

Aiii

So not worth it
People are always going to be disappointed when they talk about things like a Heyman faction, new titles, Ambrose debuting into a major angle and actual wrestling.

They might as well add expecting an old theme song returning to that list.

Actually, I was the one expecting the Heyman-stable and guess what, I'm not dissapointed.

You see, I can fantasy book and still be okay with what they actually do. I know I'm pretty unique as in general WrassleGAF fashion I should shit on everything. But no, Punk is a heel, Cena lost the match, I'm very pleased.

And if Punk comes out next week to Cult of Personality and cuts his heel promo, I'll be equaly satisfied.

bangai-o

Banned
He was making ridiculous demands, he was acting cocky and was riding his high horse about holding the title hostage, and he was trying to push Triple H around, who was actually being completely reasonable for a change. Punk was a heel, but people were so in love with him that they wanted to believe he was a face.

*Otunga sip*

Kyoufu

He was a tweener though. He complimented the crowd while shootin' all over the place.

Ignore the Triple H saga please because that bullshit was badly booked to begin with.

He was definitely not a heel. I think we both know the difference between heel punk and non-heel punk.

Ithil

So calculating the days, if CM Punk does not lose the WWE title before facing Rock at the Royal Rumble, he'd have a reign of 433 days, the longest since HOGAN's reign from 1984-1988.

While I can safely say that would make him losing it mean a lot, I can't see that happening.

I suprised more people here aren't upset that Cena essentially beat Punk twice yesterday and he only held onto his title through the grace of god. I thought it made Punk look pretty weak to be honest. Cena hit the AA, put the STF on, and also kicked out of the WMD. It was basically Super Cena without the win. Is this the best we can expect from Cena booking these days? Punk never even teased winning this match clean and he's been the goddamn champ for 8 months.

I'm nitpicking, but they're basically saying Punk has only been champ because Cena has forgotten the belt existed. Now that he's interested again, it's obvious Punk can't beat him. That's what I took from that match anyway.

G-Fex

I guess I'm going to have to face facts

Goldberg isn't coming back

Batista isn't coming back

Stone Cold is a huge straight to dvd movie star

And Rock will always make awful insults.

Kaladin

Actually, I was the one expecting the Heyman-stable and guess what, I'm not dissapointed.

You see, I can fantasy book and still be okay with what they actually do. I know I'm pretty unique as in general WrassleGAF fashion I should shit on everything. But no, Punk is a heel, Cena lost the match, I'm very pleased.

And if Punk comes out next week to Cult of Personality and cuts his heel promo, I'll be equaly satisfied.

You're not the only one that has asked for it. Those are just three things that come to mind that WrassleGaf and the IWC in general constantly asks for and is constantly disappointed in when they don't deliver.

Kyoufu

So calculating the days, if CM Punk does not lose the WWE title before facing Rock at the Royal Rumble, he'd have a reign of 433 days, the longest since HOGAN's reign from 1984-1988.

While I can safely say that would make him losing it mean a lot, I can't see that happening.

Why not? Why would Vince still want Hulk Hogan's name to be top of the history books? Why not give the honours to your current guy? Push him to the moon?

pants

I suprised more people here aren't upset that Cena essentially beat Punk twice yesterday and he only held onto his title through the grace of god. I thought it made Punk look pretty weak to be honest. Cena hit the AA, put the STF on, and also kicked out of the WMD. It was basically Super Cena without the win. Is this the best we can expect from Cena booking these days? Punk never even teased winning this match clean and he's been the goddamn champ for 8 months.

I'm nitpicking, but they're basically saying Punk has only been champ because Cena has forgotten the belt existed. Now that he's interested again, it's obvious Punk can't beat him. That's what I took from that match anyway.
Thing is, we all now this and would rather not talk about it because it is depressing.

See Cena holding up Cena in the bank championship image.

Top Bottom