• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Paracelsus

One thing though: if Rock is supposed to leave only to reappear at a later date who's gonna feud against him in a believable way?

"U didn stop Big Chow, u bad"?

Stone Cold first major heel promo after WM17 was cut together with JR who was already shitting on him after the match, while Rock was out of action, same for Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soul I've honestly been starting to appreciate Kane more through this little experiment, but I really didn't see the point in last night's jobber squash when the show had already been 95% nostalgia. I'll grant that some people may have wanted to see it as Kane/Undertaker have plenty of fans, but do you feel it was necessary?
To be perfectly honest, while it was nice to see the BoD, I felt like last night was a wasted opportunity. Kane' s part last night (If it's not going to be Ambrose with AJ) was to be involved in a feud with Bryan, so that he could put Bryan over. The BoD thing was a time killer and a nice little nostalgia trip for fans. However, it wasn't what they should have done.

Kyoufu

So listening to Wrestling Observer Radio, those guys came up with good material for Punk's heel persona next week.

Stuff like how he's been a mid-carder even as WWE Champion and that Cena was still the focus of everything always.

Bring it Punk. Bring it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If there is anyone with sense at WWE, Punk's first post-turn pipe bomb will be all about how WWE treats Cena like he's more important than the title, how the look of it means it's Cena's title, and then he'll throw the old one into a trash can, burn it and introduce a new title.

So what's everyone's thoughts on Legacy? I still hate them due to this injury:

RE: Legacy though, they were white hot and fantastic heels. Orton's feud with Trips was maybe Trips' last good feud.

Legacy was awful. Awful awful. I give HHH and Michaels props for putting them over in their feud though.

Legacy was so awful that I always thought DiBiase was the one with more talent until they split. LOL. Anyway, yeah. They sucked.

G-Fex

therock.gif

Omega

Banned
If there is anyone with sense at WWE, Punk's first post-turn pipe bomb will be all about how WWE treats Cena like he's more important than the title, how the look of it means it's Cena's title, and then he'll throw the old one into a trash can, burn it and introduce a new title.

I wish.

This would be great, too bad this is the complete opposite of what will happen.

..or they might just completely copy his RoH heel turn and be lazy with it.

Kaladin

I never watched him during ROH (cus duh I'm a bandwagon fan) but what happened during his ROH heel turn?

You should buy this:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/summer-punk-2-disc-set

punkdvd.jpg

Controversial, out-spoken, brash…those are just three words that describe the man known worldwide as CM Punk, and during his tenure in Ring of Honor, he more than lived up to those labels. He also established himself as one of the finest professional wrestlers in the world today with historic bouts against the likes of Samoa Joe, Homicide, Bryan Danielson, & Christopher Daniels, and will forever be considered a legend in ROH.

But for three months in the summer of 2005, Punk shocked Ring of Honor fans & officials alike and it all began one night in June when ROH gathered to bid farewell to one of their own as Punk challenged for the ROH World Title one final time. What happened that evening kicked off three months of chaos as Punk took the World Title hostage and left ROH scrambling to find the man that would dethrone him. Be it Roderick Strong, Samoa Joe, or Christopher Daniels, they each faced off with Punk in hopes of reclaiming the title for Ring of Honor. They were three of the most exciting, unpredictable, chaotic months in ROH’s history, and they have since come to be known as “The Summer of Punk”…

Disc 1
1. CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (ROH World Title Match)...Death Before Dishonor III 6/18/05
2. CM Punk vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)...Sign of Dishonor 7/8/05
3. CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...Escape From New York 7/9/05
4. CM Punk vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Fate of an Angel II 7/16/05

Disc 2
5. CM Punk vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Match)...The Homecoming 7/23/05
6. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Elimination Match)...Redemption 8/12/05
7. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2 Out Of 3 Falls Match)...Punk: The Final Chapter 8/15/05

* This classic release also includes moments that solidified "The Summer of Punk" in the annals of ROH history including Punk's notorious contract signing, his confrontation with Mick Foley, and more!!!

Kyoufu

I'll tout myself busting a nut if Punk burns the spinner belt and introduces the MOST IMPORTANT TITLE™ In The World!

Though it's Vince so I doubt he'll ever change the belt design.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'll tout myself busting a nut if Punk burns the spinner belt and introduces the MOST IMPORTANT TITLE™ In The World!

Though it's Vince so I doubt he'll ever change the belt design.
They are changing the belt. Pics of pieces of it have already been posted. It's just a matter of when it gets introduced (which I guess would be soon).

Kyoufu

They are changing the belt. Pics of pieces of it have already been posted. It's just a matter of when it gets introduced (which I guess would be soon).

Oh they're not just scrapped prototypes? Good news then.

Hope it looks good (anything looks better than the current title)

somedevil

Hopefully next week or the week after Punk debuts the new title saying the old one represents Cena who is overshadowing him. Then he throws the old one into the garbage or wrestling favorite place to throw belts into a river.

edit: Kevin Steen does good heel promos but the ROH fans still cheer him like a ultra babyface when he trying to get them to boo him. He could punch a kid out and the fans would still cheer him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Are we getting some new ROH fans in here? Hope so!

Kevin Steen heel promos > Punk heel promos. I SAID IT.
I haven't watched ROH in a long time. Honestly, I'm really just starting the countdown to the end of my wrestling days once Kane retires. I'm sure they still put on a good product, but for some reason, my interest in the genre is just fading. I know that's true when I know there is some great wrestling going on out there, but I'm just not interested by it anymore. Sad, but true. :(

Top Bottom