• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Omega

Banned
This...

j42UN.jpg

Does not look great, but it is just an unpainted, unchromed, unpolished plate. Final version could looked much better. This could be just a mold too, or a tester piece.

The next belt should look kinda like this though.

Thanks.

Not much to go off of but at least the main face plate doesn't look that bad.

SoulPlaya, you can always become a Sandow fan. He's gonna be the next big thing.

Punk cutting promos in the middle of the frickin Royal Rumble was awesome, I remember the group I was watching with weren't Punk fans (I was the sole sane one there) but when he started doing that they were like haha that is actually pretty cool.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Also Rock still deserves a huge amount of praise for selling Punk's clothesline and GTS like if death itself had smacked the shit out of him.

It actually makes you think that Punk could beat Rock and already comes off as more interesting than the Rock/Cena bout with Cena's dopey smiling ass no selling Rock's everything.

G-Fex

Also Rock still deserves a huge amount of praise for selling Punk's clothesline and GTS like if death itself had smacked the shit out of him.

It actually makes you think that Punk could beat Rock and already comes off as more interesting than the Rock/Cena bout with Cena's dopey smiling ass no selling Rock's everything.

CM Punk is The Rock's weakness. He must be a grass type

Or The Rock is extremely vulnerable during a peoples elbow

Kyoufu

The thing I noticed was Rock had cut down on the steroids. He looked smaller than before. Gotta make Punk look good right?

Not to mention Rocky took that GTS right to the face.

1gmzE.jpg

I thought that was a New Japan picture for a split second while scrolling down the page.

somedevil

For Smackdown here is the 4-way that will determine the #1 contender.

It's announced that a new #1 contender will be named after a Fatal 4-Way with Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Kane and Daniel Bryan in the main event.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
For Smackdown here is the 4-way that will determine the #1 contender.

It's announced that a new #1 contender will be named after a Fatal 4-Way with Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Kane and Daniel Bryan in the main event.
Is it for SS? Cause I wouldn't want to see Sheamus have a long term program with any of those guys, lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The thing I noticed was Rock had cut down on the steroids. He looked smaller than before. Gotta make Punk look good right?
The main reason he looks so small now is because the last time we saw him he was gigantic when facing Cena. If anything he's more closer to how he used to be.

Why are we meant to be angry at Bryan, and laugh at his misfortune?

I get he was mean to AJ months ago, but I just don't understand what his dastardly plan was in marrying her. She was a nobody when he started going out with her, why would he need her for 'evil' reasons? what dishonest, no good plan would he achieve in marrying her at that point?

They're just like oh he's a weasel! Why were we supposed to think that? What if he really did love her and was only now finally able to admit it? What selfish advantage did he see in marrying her still? Is AJ a billionaire? Does she make good vegan meals and Bryan is too lazy to cook?

She wasn't the ref of his title match anymore, the match was over, if that was the only reason he wanted to be with her before and was just using her why did he still actively chase it afterwards?

:(

Kard8p3

Punk cutting promos in the middle of the frickin Royal Rumble was awesome, I remember the group I was watching with weren't Punk fans (I was the sole sane one there) but when he started doing that they were like haha that is actually pretty cool.

Which Royal Rumble was it?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Eh, one of those dudes had a pretty good match recently. I just don't want to see Sheamus win that match again.
Sheamus/Bryan was done to death, resulted in one great match. Let it end. At this point, the random rewrites have left no sensible structure to their feuds, and a retread of that feud would suck. I could see Rey/Sheamus, simply because I don't care about either. Kane should be putting Bryan over right now, not Sheamus, damn it! ADR/Sheamus is done, also. They have a perfect feud for Sheamus in Cody Rhodes. Why hasn't he been pushed yet?

Ithil

I get he was mean to AJ months ago, but I just don't understand what his dastardly plan was in marrying her. She was a nobody when he started going out with her, why would he need her for 'evil' reasons? what dishonest, no good plan would he achieve in marrying her at that point?

They're just like oh he's a weasel! Why were we supposed to think that? What if he really did love her and was only now finally able to admit it? What selfish advantage did he see in marrying her still? Is AJ a billionaire? Does she make good vegan meals and Bryan is too lazy to cook?

She wasn't the ref of his title match anymore, the match was over, if that was the only reason he wanted to be with her before and was just using her why did he still actively chase it afterwards?

Because, uh, um, GOATFACE, LOL!

BE A STAR

Kaladin

Honestly, I haven't even watched Smackdown since Sheamus became champion. I just can't stand Sheamus. His matches all seem the exact same to me.....and they certainly have the same ending. It doesn't help that his character is just as bland as his matches.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
After the HHH interview, and RAW 1000, I felt a lot of the Attitude era in PG come back, probably briefly.

I really miss women vs. men matches. <3 Lita.

Women can't have motivations?

Bryan physically used her in the past to retain the title. Then he emotionally used her as a scapegoat for his own failings at WrestleMania. Then she tried to make amends he mocked and berated her on national television. I sort of hate how people have been talking about AJ throughout this entire storyline as though she's a lesser person than all of the big strong men.

Striker

Honestly, I haven't even watched Smackdown since Sheamus became champion. I just can't stand Sheamus. His matches all seem the exact same to me.....and they certainly have the same ending. It doesn't help that his character is just as bland as his matches.
He's like face Punk.

Bland, not funny, dumb insults like toolbox, and just predictable matches or outcomes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

You can pretend like me that had the wedding gone through, he would have got all those people in white to put a straight jacket on her and taken her to bedlam, while Bryan laughed as now her entire collection of... exercise equipment and Sailor Moon volumes would be his.

I love how with the whole AJ angle Daniel Bryan got alot of angry tweets about how he treated her.

I love how his Bella girlfriend kept sending angry tweets.

greyshark

Bryan physically used her in the past to retain the title. Then he emotionally used her as a scapegoat for his own failings at WrestleMania. Then she tried to make amends he mocked and berated her on national television. I sort of hate how people have been talking about AJ throughout this entire storyline as though she's a lesser person than all of the big strong men.

That's how WWE has always booked the divas.

bangai-o

Banned
Hell naH.. Torretto is bad ass. Punk is straight edge. He doesn't cross the line...

E: Besides Torretto drinks a Corona, Punk drinks diet soda...
lol
now i want Vin Deisel to come in, in character for a number one contendor match. he can formulate an intricate plan to steal Del Rio's car.

I'm not wondering why AJ did what she did, revenge in that sense makes a little sense. I'm wondering why Bryan wanted to marry her still and why we're supposed to believe it was for the wrong reasons.

He went all around ComicCon looking for the perfect present for her, as far as we could tell from that week of shots he was actually really nice and loving towards her. There was no indication he was up to something at all. He was concerned about her jumping through that table a few weeks ago and put his own body between them even BEFORE she was announced as the ref.

Booker T might refuse to believe people are allowed a 2nd chance but I don't.

Bryan is a good guy!

Kyoufu

Re-watching the segment with Punk/Bryan and Rock.

Punk was all smiles and babyface until the Rock's music hit. His facial expression changed instantly.

Dat heel aura.

Sokantish

I'm not wondering why AJ did what she did, revenge in that sense makes a little sense. I'm wondering why Bryan wanted to marry her still and why we're supposed to believe it was for the wrong reasons.

He went all around ComicCon looking for the perfect present for her, as far as we could tell from that week of shots he was actually really nice and loving towards her. There was no indication he was up to something at all. He was concerned about her jumping through that table a few weeks ago and put his own body between them even BEFORE she was announced as the ref.

Booker T might refuse to believe people are allowed a 2nd chance but I don't.

Bryan is a good guy!

He did say she wasn't worth a 100 dollar toy, and that book was too smart for her remember?

CM Punk was the best bit of Raw.

DX is so boring, even years later. And why is it a sin for Heymen to mention the H children but they're allowed to shit on his?

:\

They're already in 2 lawsuits for assault and OH HERE COMES MAMMA BEAR TO GET INTO ANOTHER ONE. Heymen is right they're terrible examples to their children. Heymen is just doing his job his children should be proud.

He did say she wasn't worth a 100 dollar toy, and that book was too smart for her remember?

Maybe it was too smart for her, he probably meant 'this shit isn't worth 100' not she isn't. And he'd already spent so much on a wedding that SHE NEVER PLANNED TO GO THROUGH WITH AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY LOVE HIM!

Yet Crowd: "LOLFUCK THAT GUY he got pwned LOL"

Poor D-Bry, its ok bro.

Except face Punk was at least watchable. Every time I see Sheamus, I feel like I'm watching a kid's Saturday morning cartoon come to life.
Why you never spoke up like this while I was getting drilled by Sheamus fanboys like Ithil is beyond me...

You guys hate Sheamus now that he's mainstream and on top of the card? You guys are hipsters.

I await the day this thread turns on the likes of Ziggler, Rhodes and Ambrose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Sheamus as a bully heel.

Del Rio gets worse as time goes by because he doesn't change. At all.

You guys hate Sheamus now that he's mainstream and on top of the card? You guys are hipsters.

I await the day this thread turns on the likes of Ziggler, Rhodes and Ambrose.
I'm already turned on Rhodes until he gets the mask back

Top Bottom