• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Kyoufu

So if you like foreshadowing....

check out Punk in the background when Rock first started talking to DFRY

edit: by gawd...they did that camera angle for a purpose and no one saw it :eek:

I saw all of it. Check out his face when the Rock's music hits.

It was all perfect.

Punk was born to be heel.

UberTag

so is d-bry completely out of the wwe title picture now
fuck
D-Bry is completely out of the WWE Title picture, the World Heavyweight Title picture, the AJ picture, the main event... He still has Charlie Sheen, though. So take solace in that until the inevitable losing streak angle that sends him into Superstars-land with Drew McIntyre, Curt Hawkins and JTG.

It was like rolleyes, fed up sigh face.

"This guy...."

My same reaction to watching DWAYNE cut another jumbled together word promo so he can slap a phrase on a shirt and sell it on his Facebook page.

CM Punk is king, and if he can heel it all the better. Avoid the smiling and hand shaking and just tell us what you really think of him.

KissVibes

Banned
SD ending:
(6) Alberto Del Rio beat Rey Mysterio, Kane, and Daniel Bryan in a four-way #1 contender match to the World Title. Del Rio stole Rey's pin on Bryan post-619 and pinned Bryan with Ricardo Rodriguez's help.

Fuck, it looks like they're going with ADR/Sheamus again, and Rey/Bryan, lol.

ahahahaha

BUT HE HAS AIRTIME, DAMMIT!

Sokantish

D-Bry is completely out of the WWE Title picture, the World Heavyweight Title picture, the AJ picture, the main event... He still has Charlie Sheen, though. So take solace in that until the inevitable losing streak angle that sends him into Superstars-land with Drew McIntyre, Curt Hawkins and JTG.

Maybe they don't want to be doing anything with him right now because he does have the Sheen thing coming up. I can say that's the reason right? That's gotta be the reason... please

Maybe they don't want to be doing anything with him right now because he does have the Sheen thing coming up. I can say that's the reason right? That's gotta be the reason... please

He put on the best series of PPV matches this year and he's massively over with the crowd. Why wouldn't you make him look like a loser on RAW then push down the card in favour of 2 people who fail to elicit any crowd responses despite being pushed to the moon over the past couple years?

I also don't get how it's setting up a Bry/Rey feud if Alberto stole Rey's pin and has had a feud building with Rey for the last couple of weeks. The SD main event will be Rey/Alberto/Sheamus main event, Bry gets Sheen.

What in the fuck are you basing that on?

Realistically, the MitB thing really should have a 'there must be a winner/no DQ' or something part in the contract lol.

Only a moron (lolCena) would cash it in fairly with the amount of shit that can and does happen in a match to cost you the case and your almost guaranteed title reign.

Especially if you've got so many enemies wanting to ruin it for you lol. All they have to do is breathe on you and ref: "HEY RING THE BELL!"

I didn't want Cena to win obviously, but if they just leave it at that and he's like "Well, I tried my hardest." next week I will lol so badly. I'm guessing he just gets an unfair to Punk rematch as usual.

Nitro use to get so much crap for shit-can no contest/DQ cop-out endings to matches. The crowd would trash the ring lol. Now Raw put one in their 'zomg biggest Raw ever' main event. So stupid.

Those SD reports..... Was there anything on RAW they didnt recap?

Imagine paying to go to see Smackdown and 1/3rd of the show was just them replaying clips (or in some cases full unedited segments) of RAW on the big screen.

Kyoufu

Are you saying that because you'd like that to happen? Or is that actually happening?

Both! Punk said it best: Rey puts people over really well. He makes anyone look good in the ring. Though in this case, BOTH are good already. So it just makes a lot of sense.

KissVibes

Banned
D-Bry can get a match of the PPV out of Lt. Topper Harley.

Good luck following that rest of you jobbers.

It'll be five minutes of Sheen circling the ring in Anger Management™ Only on FX™ gear until GM AJ announces that Sheen will be given a partner to make up with his inexperience. I would have assumed it'd be a Jack Swagger, Mason Ryan or even Ryback but the reality is it will probably be Santino. Bryan will eat a Cobra (maybe two) and Sheen will get the pin.

Then he'll cut a promo about Anger Management™ Thursdays 9:30pm (EST) Only on FX™

D-Bry can get a match of the PPV out of Lt. Topper Harley.

Good luck following that rest of you jobbers.

If it wasn't for 18 second-gate and that terrible cage match at the Rumble then yeah, I'd say Bryan has the best showing in PPVs all year.

But because of those failings, the title still goes to Punk

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I saw all of it. Check out his face when the Rock's music hits.

It was all perfect.

Punk was born to be heel.

It kinda makes sense going back to last week. Big Show usually goes out and intimidates whoever is in the ring or destroys them.

Last week, Big Show and Punk were actually talking like they were respecting each other. There was no name calling or physical threats the entire promo. Punk was calling Show "big guy" which was weird. Show didn't get angry when Punk was talking about how Show failed to get the briefcase. Then on Smackdown, Show just beat up 6 guys for no reason.

Punk was sitting in the corner the entire time Cena was talking about cashing in the briefcase just like he was last night when Show was beating Cena. It's probably more hints I didn't catch.

It also could be Punk getting revenge for the Rock Bottom on DFRY because Punk respects DFRY more than DU wayney

If it wasn't for 18 second-gate and that terrible cage match at the Rumble then yeah, I'd say Bryan has the best showing in PPVs all year.

But because of those failings, the title still goes to Punk

WHC elimination chamber match was awesome.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sheamus is actually more boring than John Cena.

He's not as actively annoying, to be sure, but he is more boring.

Mengetsu

Don't know if this was talked about already but the song that was heard during the show is the intro we will see next week. The name of this song is "Tonight is the Night" by Linkin Park It's their remix of Outasight's song. The song releases in two weeks supposedly. Won't know till next week if this is all true though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dui5lIVV7g0

GBONZZZZ

What'd you guys think of the new WWE signature thing at the beginning of their broadcasts?

I can't find a video, sorry. :(
Somebody link if you have it!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Don't know if this was talked about already but the song that was heard during the show is the intro we will see next week. The name of this song is "Tonight is the Night" by Linkin Park It's their remix of Outasight's song. The song releases in two weeks supposedly. Won't know till next week if this is all true though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dui5lIVV7g0

RAW THEME SONG UPDATE
By Dave Scherer on 2012-07-24 12:01:25 WWE sent out the following press release yesterday, so it appears that "Tonight is the Night" was only the theme for last night's show.

WHICH SIDE IS THAT SONG ON

UberTag

Only one of you took my blatant D-Bry baiting post at face value. Good for you. (
Tsk tsk... Perspicacity.
)

Daniel Bryan's going to be fine. He had an amazing performance on Monday night... second only to one Stephanie McMahon. (And possibly Heath Slater and Mae Young's hand... they also delivered.)

Thank you PWG for this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhlVSPiMn8

Originally, the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles was envisioned as a two-day tournament, like the majority of previous Battle of Los Angeles events. However, there were some very practical obstacles standing in the way of a two-day event taking place. First, American Legion Hall #308 in Reseda, CA, was available on September 1, but had another event scheduled for September 2. Second, 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner Davey Richards had a scheduling conflict that prevented him from competing in this year's tournament. Third, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen was scheduled to face see Comedy World Champion Louis C.K. in Atlantic City, NJ on September 1.

Fortunately, due to a cancellation at the Legion Hall, September 2 opened up, and a two-day tournament was now possible. On top of that, Davey Richards was able to resolve his scheduling conflict earlier today, and asked to be added to the tournament, even if it had to be as an alternate. Finally, Kevin Steen's loss to El Generico in the 2011 Battle of Los Angeles finals was so galling to Steen that the World Champion canceled his vacation in order to, in his words, "win the whole thing."

With those factors in mind (and a couple extra Louis C.K. tickets on StubHub), we are pleased to announce that the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will now take place on September 1 and 2, 2012, with 16 competitors fighting to call themselves a Battle of Los Angeles winner!

The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 1 takes place on Saturday, September 1, 2012, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 2 takes place on Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35 per night, or $60 for both. General Admission tickets are $30 per night, or $50 for both. Tickets for the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will go on sale Wednesday, July 25 at 8:00PM PDT.

First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

- Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

Participants in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

- Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
- Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
- Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
- Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

Tickets for the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will go on sale Wednesday, July 25 at 8:00PM PDT.

Why are we meant to be angry at Bryan, and laugh at his misfortune?

I get he was mean to AJ months ago, but I just don't understand what his dastardly plan was in marrying her. She was a nobody when he started going out with her, why would he need her for 'evil' reasons? what dishonest, no good plan would he achieve in marrying her at that point?

They're just like oh he's a weasel! Why were we supposed to think that? What if he really did love her and was only now finally able to admit it? What selfish advantage did he see in marrying her still? Is AJ a billionaire? Does she make good vegan meals and Bryan is too lazy to cook?

She wasn't the ref of his title match anymore, the match was over, if that was the only reason he wanted to be with her before and was just using her why did he still actively chase it afterwards?

:(

Because once he had married her, he was going to have her institutionalised. Then they went with AJ as GM and forgot about that bit with Bryan backstage they had filmed earlier, unless it'll be referenced on Raw next week.

Sokantish

That reminds me Keyser... if Ambrose actually showed up I was so ready to link a TASTE THE HAPPY MICHAEL gif but then it never happened. So thanks a lot.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh, you think you're going to beat me? Brogue kick. Game. Set. Match.

He's been doing this for months now.

BROGUE KICK OUT OF NOWHERE

Power of July

Give the man a hand

mae_young_hand_son.png

Top Bottom