• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Enfinit

I got WWE '12 for Christmas last year and haven't found the time to even start it. I began the hero storyline with Sheamus, and I couldn't defeat my first opponent (William "mothafuckin' the man" Regal). I plan on getting through WWE '12 before '13 comes out, but at this point I have to ask: is WWE '13 even worth picking up?

Anth0ny

I got WWE '12 for Christmas last year and haven't found the time to even start it. I began the hero storyline with Sheamus, and I couldn't defeat my first opponent (William "mothafuckin' the man" Regal). I plan on getting through WWE '12 before '13 comes out, but at this point I have to ask: is WWE '13 even worth picking up?

wwe 13 has attitude era.

I'm picking it up
used
just because of that.

Kaladin

530019_10151010127946026_1993842743_n.jpg

But whose side is he on?

Who's ignoring it? Wrestling being fucked up is nothing new. It's been fucked up for years and years. This guy's posting a bunch of stuff that's already known.

You sound like Vince trying to blame it on "the business." Hopefully you don't have as much blood on your hands as he does.

Vince has the power to change the business, read Test's blog after Eddy died if you want a clearer picture of "the business!!!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You sound like Vince trying to blame it on "the business." Hopefully you don't have as much blood on your hands as he does.

Vince has the power to change the business, read Test's blog after Eddy died if you want a clearer picture of "the business!!!"

Yeah, the wrestling world gets unbelievably dark if you willfully dive in. It's deep, it's horrible, and it's got a black heart. It's depressing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

If Vince changed it, what would convince companies in Mexico, Europe, and Japan to do the same? It's not like those guys can get a WWE contract any time they want. Ever heard of Bruiser Brody? How about the fact that NOAH tried to run a storyline based on the death of its key figure? This shit's not exclusive to WWE. The government of those countries need to step in or some kind of objective third party, but WWE is far from innocent. And there are plenty of other wrestlers who will tell you about the bad shit going on in WCW

XenoRaven

And where would one find such a thing?

somedevil

So where would you guys want to see Matt Morgan. He is hinting at something for him coming up. Do you want him in Aces and eight or him in WWE?

Also, listening to review a wai where the punjabi prison match was supposed to be an exploding death match like Foley and Terry Funk, but Kevin Dunn changed it.

Kaladin

So where would you guys want to see Matt Morgan. He is hinting at something for him coming up. Do you want him in Aces and eight or him in WWE?

Is nowhere an option?

Matt Morgan was boredom on the levels of Sheamus, but without Sheamus's ring skills.

Matt Boregan

Foffy

Banned

Depends. I really liked '12 due to the WWE Universe mode. It feels nice playing through a "season" of wrasslin'. '13 is going to have to depend on if you dig the improvements and the roster, which will be composed of many Attitude-era wrestlers. The issue I have is that THQ is milking up a roster by having modern and Attitude wrestlers as two separate characters. Not counting dupes or alternates, and assuming the leaked roster is true, there's about 68 wrestlers in the game. That's not counting DLC.

I just hope '13 keeps a lot of the belts they're no longer using like they did in '12, as I've very rarely actually used any of the new ones if there was an older version of it.

Good point. Although the Limited Edition/pre-order/bullshit supposedly has SC on it in some fancy-schmancy case.

The Limited Edition comes with Mike Tyson and a unique attire/entrance for Stone Cold. Pre-ordering the game gets you Tyson anyway, IIRC.

If Vince changed it, what would convince companies in Mexico, Europe, and Japan to do the same? It's not like those guys can get a WWE contract any time they want. Ever heard of Bruiser Brody? How about the fact that NOAH tried to run a storyline based on the death of its key figure? This shit's not exclusive to WWE. The government of those countries need to step in or some kind of objective third party, but WWE is far from innocent. And there are plenty of other wrestlers who will tell you about the bad shit going on in WCW

What companies other than WWF forces their guys to work insane schedules? None of them. Japan works a much more grueling style, but they aren't asked to go out the next night and do it again. It's pretty insane that even though they don't have to do that to make money anymore that they still do it. And they wonder why so many guys need pills. Their new drug testing plan is sure to stop it! Chris Nowinski speaks on this.

Bruiser Brody was murdered...

The sleaze factor in wrestling started with ECW (funded by vince) and WWF's attitude era.

Remember unprotected chairshots? They used to really love those in the WWF, I'm sure that had no effect on wrestler's lives. j/k.

Painfully obvious steroid pushing by vince. shawn and bret used them too btw. Which still goes on. They test for drugs, but it's obvious that the steroids still go on.

I'd love to ignore all this stuff and focus the annually shitty wrestling program he puts together, but this goes too deep.

How would you guys feel if I told you that CM Punk was initially pushed because he is straight edge?

Test's blog. Can't find it on his myspace anymore, but it's widely known.

Why are WWE fans so loyal? I love WCW but I can admit when they do something wrong. Thankfully they never did anything as sociopathic as vince. vince pushes himself as some sort of hero too.

brb gonna go puke.

G-Fex

I don't remember CM Punk lifting Andre the giant and body slamming him.

I DONT REMEMBER CM PUNK DROPPING FROM THE RAFTERS

I DONT REMEMBER CM PUNK BEING GOLDBERG

Line-up for Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles 2012, which has been upgraded to a two-day, 16-man tournament and will take place on September 1st & 2nd in Reseda, CA;

• Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

Line-up for CHIKARA's King of Trios 2012 which takes place on September 14th, 15th & 16th in Easton, PA;

ibyP0y4WYUx5OB.jpg

ibvrbshUFAtsrE.jpg

iPS8YPKl0KDfi.jpg

iIWrcosaCvaT8.jpg

inFzFOaRoZvRv.jpg

i6b3f3gIzs2kY.jpg

iXwQK6EMT3lmy.jpg

iIYMoOhwrsLL5.jpg

ib2DOqdac7hV5q.jpg

ig6jNYOtOb5ZS.jpg

iYCLBy41mNxR2.jpg

iW9XqQcXQ9JUH.jpg

Also, signed for CHIKARA's August 17th show 'Shoot a Crooked Arrow' in Milwaukee, WA;

idShwO0Y9kbpJ.jpg

Is nowhere an option?

Matt Morgan was boredom on the levels of Sheamus, but without Sheamus's ring skills.

Matt Boregan

I fear Jim Cornette bringing him to ROH. He'd probably have him beat Steen for the title.

Kaladin

Line-up for Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles 2012, which has been upgraded to a two-day, 16-man tournament and will take place on September 1st & 2nd in Reseda, CA;

• Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

The second match for the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles is set. Davey Richards will face Michael Elgin in the first round of the tournament!

In addition to Ricochet vs. Kevin Steen.

I really wish KOT or BOLA were iPPV. I'd pay $50 to see either tournament.

Same here - it's understandable why they can't do it, what with the various contractual issues, but it would be amazing to be able to see these shows live. Hopefully SMV can pull out some of that 24hr production magic and we can get KOT DVDs and MP4s the day after the shows.

Alucard

Banned
Im hoping its goldberg.
Tna has to be smart and know wwe was having the 1000th raw this week so it has to be someone big to try and sway the attention back to tna.

Goldberg would be huge, but it will probably be Sting or somebody already on staff. At least, that's what I think.

Not sure if this is supposed to be part sarcasm, but:

What companies other than WWF forces their guys to work insane schedules?
No one is forced to do anything, don't like the schedule, don't sign the contract.
Bruiser Brody was murdered...

The sleaze factor in wrestling started with ECW (funded by vince) and WWF's attitude era.
Sleaze has been around forever.

Remember unprotected chairshots? They used to really love those in the WWF, I'm sure that had no effect on wrestler's lives. j/k.
When was the last time you saw an uprocetected head chairshot in WWE?

Top Bottom